Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 06:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: StuG Bug (fixed)  (Read 6205 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:24 AM »

Hi guys,

Here's the original report, reproduced:

I'd like to report a problem, evidently a long-standing one, so listen to my tale of woe.  Cheesy

As you may know, I'm currently on a sort of 'nostalgia trip' revisiting the stock campaigns as well as the ones included with SPM 1.5 Beta. Memory served me correctly and once again I experienced the wonders of the StuG III C/D campaign (the one with the short gun).

And also the disconcerting tendency of your aimed shots to fly off the edge of the gun scope! i.e. anywhere except where you put your aiming triangles!

By the way, I do know how to work the drum controls and I was pretty sure I had the range correct because all the targets were rumbling about nearby - in the confines of a small village! I had to adapt quickly - point the bottom edge of the circle at the target when the gun is lowered, and point the upper edge when the gun is raised.  Shocked And despite everything I emerged triumphant!

But something just didn't smell right and I popped out to the exterior view to see what was going on. Imagine my horror when I realised, the periscope thingy was tilting up and down in sync with the main gun! And the gun sight, which is supposed to have separate controls, was tilting up and down with it! Shocked Hey thats not supposed to happen, heh-heh-heh. Wasn't this thing... 'tested'?

This story does have a happy conclusion, however, because I figured out how to fix it. If anyone is still interested, I can post more details later,

Is anyone else interested? Otherwise I'll just email the necessary files and explanation to Txema.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »

We are interested Kyth can you please post the fix?

BTW wouldn`t it make sense to have a separate sticky with all the various fixes to the game, models, maps, missions etc?Huh???
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »

Okay, here are a couple of things that need doing:

1. Slight change in the heirarchy of objects in the .go file.

s_rotation ------> db_gun_mask -------> d_sight --------> d_camera_gunner --------> s_camera_gunner

To:

s_rotation ------> db_gun_mask
            |
            |
             ----> d_sight --------> d_camera_gunner --------> s_camera_gunner

2. Change the heads() section in the tech_cfg file:

head1, s_rotation, db_gun_mask,  8, 8,  20,  10,  30, 10, 0, 0;

Note, the positions of 's_rotation' and 'db_gun_mask' have been switched around. These, respectively, are the fragments that determine side-to-side movement and up/down tilting.

Now, I realise that these fixes are not that easy to carry out in practice, so here's one I prepared earlier!  Wink
http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZLNO7WSA/StuGFix.html

Give them a try! There's a ready-made campaign, 'Fridericus (StuG III)' which should be a little more fun now.
Good luck!

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »

Good candidate for a sticky, so it won't disappear in the swamp of postings.

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »

Retrieved from the swamp.  Cheesy

There's been very little feedback about this, evidently the StuG III its not everyones favourite tank. (Actually technically not a tank at all).

This can be remedied with a bit of imagination! If you disregard the lack of turret and tremendous gun, you can picture yourself in the mighty Tiger! You just need to sneak up closer to the enemy. Equipped with this boost to the imagination, you can command the StuG III in Tiger style (or the Tiger in StuG style).

Try it, you'll like it!

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »

I tried a lot of times to use `stug 3 c\d`, but all missions forced this spg to fight against tanks Sad

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 01:53:10 AM »

Lockie it's because you prefer shooting bricks with it Wink
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »

The best that can be said about the StuG III (Fridericus) campaign is it's entirely original - no carbon-copies of the original stock campaign missions.

Anybody else notice that the in-game StuG III C/D has got a sizeable gaping Hole on the top? Doesn't look right,

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 04:54:38 PM »

Lockie it's because you prefer shooting bricks with it Wink
Cheesy Grin Wink

Anybody else notice that the in-game StuG III C/D has got a sizeable gaping Hole on the top? Doesn't look right,
Would u be pleased more detailed? Picture enclosed with explanation would be fine Wink

Provocative signature removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: