Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 05:23:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does everyone know each other..?  (Read 3452 times)
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:27 AM »

I was wondering if a bit of info about ourselves might help when dealing with each other.

I am English and was in the British Army from 15 to 40...since then I've been living simply in Thailand upon my Army pension...now 61.
I was of the age to be surrounded by the WW2 since my dad served in the army then...so as a boy I played war games with plastic soldiers and tank and aircraft kits. I often imagined how it would be if they could come to life and fight ...and my introduction to the land, sea and air battles  I could produce in the mission editor of il2 sturmovik made that a possibility.
I have been a Buddhist since about 25 and that is one reason i like Thailand...and was a monk for two years until June last year.
A long interest in the martial arts and Japanese culture... I make my own wooden geta clogs and wear nothing else, but prefer barefoot.
I also enjoy using a sewing machine...and cooking English foods for my kids (12 and 15).
When i was applying to go into the army I wanted to be in tanks....but they said it was a waste of my high IQ (140) and directed me into becoming an Armourer (repair of small arms...Infantry weapons). During my army service I did manage to be with a Chieftain regiment for 6 months and spent a month (Nov.1979) in West Berlin...and a month on exercise in BATUS Canada.
I retired as a Staff Sargeant. No wars...just Northern Ireland 'troubles'.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »

my high IQ (140)
Not bad! I've only 105 Smiley
I used to be in aviation (field-engineer) and served in helicopter regiment (Mi-8). Now I'm captain in retirement, I'm 48 years. I don't like strategic games, I like shoot the bricks Wink

Provocative signature removed
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »

I just like sims ..like this one and il2.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 09:18:16 AM »

Did u try SABOW? It's more complicate with a huge number of strategy.

Provocative signature removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: