Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 08:15:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centering on user tank on user made mission map  (Read 6098 times)
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« on: March 10, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »

I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and the Russian forum (using GOOGLE translator) and can find my way around the SF42 game and mods with the forum search feature. But one issue that I can't seem to solve or find a solution for is that when I open my mission I created I have to hit the arrow buttons on the map screen interface to find my tanks or hit the center on tank button. How do I create (or edit) a mission whereby when I open my map I'm already centered on my tank.

It's cleaner and more elegant that way. TIA
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »

How do I create (or edit) a mission whereby when I open my map I'm already centered on my tank.
What exactly u'd like to du? Add a new units or create a new contour/trigger?

BTW
TIA - Thanks In Advance?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:12:56 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:10:34 PM »

Yes TIA is Thanks in Advance.

Oh no I don't want to add any new unit I just want to open the map at the beginning of a mission and the tank I'm driving  appears before me on the map rather then scrolling to the the left or right and looking for where it's placed or hit the 'Center on Tank ' button. Is there a script command  to center on your tank when the map screen opens up at the beginning when you select a mission?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »

Is there a script command  to center on your tank when the map screen opens up at the beginning when you select a mission?
I think, I know what u're talking about.
Firstly u need to place on the map a contour, i.e. map_usr where er tank is located and give a contour orientation(Ctr+C). Then open er ***mission_file.engcfg and put in the next entry:
Code:
cs_map()
{
ext, set_map, map_usr, -1, 1, false;
nop;
}

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »

ps.

The name of the script file is '<mission name>_scripts.engscr'.

For user-made missions, you can usually find it in the following folder:

<main folder>\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\SCRIPTS\cm_users

Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »

Well it worked after editing a small file I bashed together.  Smiley
Thanks lockie and Kyth.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 02:46:05 AM »

Just asking, are you working on any particular mission, one which you might want to share?  Cheesy

"Yes."
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 03:57:07 AM »

Really I don't have anything you can play. Just educating myself what is going on in the SF42
I tweak the various game files from what I find in the forums and I just finished all the editing video tutorials (with the heavy breathing  Roll Eyes HAHAHA) and read the editing pdf. I modded the in game driving tutorial by hand as a 4th mission in the tutorial-and created a small mission to drive around and command some various Russian tanks-no enemy on the map just something to get use to the mission creator/editor
Baby steps right now.
Between that and ACHTUNG Panzer: Kharkov & Operation Star (via GamersGate) setting up and fighting off the Wehrmacht recce and armored units on the steppes I barely have enough brain waves left to make a creation. Mentally fried. But I'm always curious what goes on under the engine hood of the game as well as playing it.

I downloaded most of the mission and campaign files and am very grateful for what other people have done.

Yesterday I was cleaning up the citates.text and it took me nearly 2 hours of scratching my head and GOOGLING
maps because I kept running into "Raisins" within the various Franz Halder war diary entries. Raisins? Raisins?

"May 27, 1942, 340-Day War. In the area of Raisins enemy offensive on the external front environment repulsed"

What the... I finally figured what should have been used is the city name IZYUM.

I enjoy modding-but it can be a trap eating up my playtime-addicting worse then a crossword puzzle.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »

Yesterday I was cleaning up the citates.text and it took me nearly 2 hours of scratching my head and GOOGLING
maps because I kept running into "Raisins" within the various Franz Halder war diary entries. Raisins? Raisins?

"May 27, 1942, 340-Day War. In the area of Raisins enemy offensive on the external front environment repulsed"

What the... I finally figured what should have been used is the city name IZYUM.

Hmm... note to Frinik and Txema, please help to de-raisin this muffin,  Cheesy

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:48:16 AM »

Yes Kyth ! You are right it stands to raisin! Grin

Seriously does Izym mean grapes or raisin in Russian?Huh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: