Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 12:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new error code??  (Read 9460 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: March 22, 2012, 11:12:23 PM »

An odd thing just happened. I have the UU mod set up and working and I just plugged in Rends' Seelow mission. Works great no problems at all. I disabled it and went to get back into the game and before the main screen comes up I get the dreaded white screen "error 005" (seelow karte). I re-enabled the seelow mission and I can now get back into the game and play any mission but if I disable it again the same error 005 comes up.

This has never happened before and I'm wondering what to do about it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks Guys
H

Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:45:41 AM »

Hi hemisent,
I had a small problem with SPM 1.5 UU also, while I didn't get any error message or dreaded white screens from the Seelow missions, my Rends Prokho missions went missing for some reason after installing SPM 1.5 UU. I checked my JSGME and MODS folder and it was still there, then I checked my camp_list and the text entries for Prokho were still there for too  Huh? So what I did was delete the Prokho text lines in the camp_list and recopy/paste them from Rends Prokho read me. While I was there I did find some invalid text line's from the mission pack 1c which I deleted since I no longer have them. Went back into SFK42 and lo and behold there was Rends Prokho missions back where they should be. Fired them up and they played fine. The only thing I know for sure is those invalid text line for mission pack 1c didn't cause the problem because they were in there for quite sometime and Rends Prokho missions played fine then. It seems to have occured when I installed SPM 1.5 UU. Maybe try the same thing I did but for Rends Seelow and see what happens.
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:03 AM »

Hemi it could be because Rends' Seelow 's mod contains a weather file which may have modified your weather folder in your game data folder.Removing it may cause the issues.I don't see any other changes in his mod that could affect yoru game and make it crash except the env(Seelop map)....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:32:17 AM »

I did find some invalid text line's from the mission pack 1c which I deleted since I no longer have them.
Can u tell me what the line was wrong?

Provocative signature removed
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys. After reading the comments I deleted the Seelow mission, disabled everything after the UU/patch and the game now plays as expected. I will now reinstall Seelow and see what happens.

BTW, still cannot get a majority of my missions to play with either the old winter mod or the new winter no snow mod.

Thanks again
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »

Try the old winter mod being offered by Maleshkin on the thread aboveIT does not touch the common res files
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »

So what I did was delete the Prokho text lines in the camp_list and recopy/paste them from Rends Prokho read me. While I was there I did find some invalid text line's from the mission pack 1c which I deleted since I no longer have them.

Hmm. I have to fix this in the new UU patch. Any more requests maybe?
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »

Try the old winter mod being offered by Maleshkin on the thread aboveIT does not touch the common res files

Frinik
 Yahoo! it seems to work. The look is a bit different and the tank tracks don't show up as well but who cares. Off to test some more missions.

Thanks
H
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »

I had the campaign not showing in the campaign list problem too. even if all files and entries were there it didn´t show up.
If i remember right it was my Prokhorovka campaign.

What i found out that in the camp_list if i hit enter after the Prokho campaign entry and saved the file it did show up again in the campaign list ingame.

Rends

BTW: if someone wondered about my absence in the last days it´s because of my new iPad i got a week ago  Grin
But don´t worry, i will be back soon, there isn´t a tank sim out for the iPad lol.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »

But don´t worry, i will be back
Stay here.
I can share with you a fake teeth, which kapulA promised to give me!
Asta la vista!

Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 12:29:40 PM »

@ Rends, welcome back comrade  Smiley Was begining to wonder were you disappeared too. I wanted to add a little about your findings in the Prokho missions appearing and disappearing. I have noticed that whenever there is a change like SPM 1.5UU or NTA 1.3/NTA 1.4, Mission Pak 1c it only seems to effect only your missions Rends. I also have Kyths PzIII Missions installed and never had anything like this happen to them. The last time I did an update before SPM 1.5UU (hade to be NTA 1.3 or NTA 1.4) not only did the Prokho missions but also the Seelow mission went awol. The only missions I never had an issue with no matter what update I applied were your Barbarossa and Orel missions.

@lockie, I really wished I would have wrote that entry down before I deleted the text line. I do remember it had mission_pak (or pack) 1c in the text line. Like I was telling you before I have a bad habit of fogetting to remove obsolete text entries in my camp_files.
UPDATE: I just found the text line I mentioned via another thread by Tanker who is having problems with Rends Prokho missions too:
//SPM 1.5 NTA1.3_mission_pack
camp\spm15nta13_camp,engcfg,mission_pack,  txt_cm_camp_SPM15_NTA13, true, img_user5;

Just what is this text line for? How did it get in there, did I just forget to delete it after I uninstalled the mission pack 1c, or was it installed by SPM 1.5UU? I deleted it and all my missions in SFK42 work just fine, but I do remember when I had the mission pack 1c installed before it messed-up my Rends Prokho missions  Huh?

But all in all I'm real happy with stone2009's and Maleshkin Winter Beta Mod III, other then the little hiccup with Rends Prokho missions all other missions are playing fine. And as lockie pointed out in the Winter Mod III thread there is alot more going on here under the hood of this new mod besides just a new snow texture. I though everything looked more enhanced (like sounds and effects) and lockies post just comfirmed that, it's a vast improvement over the first Winter Mod hands down. While I do love lajacks seasons (and I do use them) there is just something special about SFK42 and snow, for me it works magic  Grin

P.S. after a visit to the sukhoi.ru forums a couple days ago it sounds like stone2009 and Maleshkin are working on a new version (if I understood it correctly) with even more enhancements  Shocked
Cheers
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:17:08 PM by Panzerfaust » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »

I just found the text line I mentioned via another thread by Tanker who is having problems with Rends Prokho missions too:
//SPM 1.5 NTA1.3_mission_pack
camp\spm15nta13_camp,engcfg,mission_pack,  txt_cm_camp_SPM15_NTA13, true, img_user5;
This text line doesn't effect any mission/company Smiley

Just what is this text line for?
It's organized for the pack mission 1.0c, which contains 25 missions.

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »

this camp list entry is from the ultimate update:

camp\main_camp.engcfg, prokho,               txt_cm_camp_Prokho,        true,  img_t34;
        camp\main_camp.engcfg, prokhower,       txt_cm_camp_Prokho1,        true,  img_pz4;

Well that´s definitly different from the original file.

that´s all i can say

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 01:49:27 AM »

The hting is t have , if possible, several installations of the game. I have  Hem 11 some with Beta 1.5 only, NTA 1.3, NTA 1.4, 2 of the Ultimate this way once oyu install something and it works you can always fall back to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: