Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 04:12:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Mod Beta IIII  (Read 21955 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »

why does that mod require a change in the common res files?
I'm sure it's because of the ice properties.

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »

I got permission from Maleshkin to upload his early winter mod, which is very similar to the other weather mods and don't change common_res file.
D/l link:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/QlHiLJtM/file.html

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »

Thank you Maleshkin and Lockie!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »

And according to my experience, I'd recommend to add early mod with a texture from the version "III".

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »

I tried out Maleshkin's winter mod and that seems to work...just fired up a mission in the snow that would not work with the others.

Lockie, what do you mean about the texture from version III? Could you elaborate?

Thanks for everything.
H
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

I tried out Maleshkin's winter mod and that seems to work
Sounds good!

Lockie, what do you mean about the texture from version III? Could you elaborate?
As it appeared a "winter modIII" is not just ordinary texture mod. It has the hell a lot number of improvements:
- sunflowers
- su-100
- new armor maps for the trees/objects
- new sounds
- new visual effects
- new water
etc.
Unfortunately, there's no readme. In my point, if readme is absent, then it's a big problem Sad
So, "Winter Mod III" is not just texture replacing, it effects the whole game. Well, as my point, that's exaggeration for the weather mod. It should be included into the next UU update or ... well, I don't know. Perhaps, someone like it, somebody not. I don't know, but just for the ordinary "winter mod", I'd recommend a first one:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/QlHiLJtM/file.html

Take some textures from the "v. III":
...\data\k42\loc_rus\textures\
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:25:45 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 02:46:26 AM »

I agree with you Lockie!That's why I am not using Lajcak's Late Winter mod as well because it brings changes to the levels folder.Anyway I don't like Winter missions too bland for me so I am fien with summer, autumn and late autumn mods.Hope Lajcak's spring mod will not affect the levels folder....
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »

I really like the new Winter Mod III. A readme would have been nice but I could tell right away there was something very different with this mod, it wasn't just a season change, or an enhancement of a previous mod, alot more was added and I definately like it. The main complaint I had with the original Winter Mod was it was just too bleak, the foliage was almost totally stripped away and it just didn't look realistic to me, but heck I've never been to Kharkov so maybe that is how it looks in the winter. But this new Winter Mod looks just like winter in my cornor of the globe, maybe thats why I find it more appealing.
Cheers
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »

After reading all the posts about people playing the new beta III winter mod it seems that I was the only one that was having problems. After brilliant deductive reasoning on my part I concluded that something was amiss in my setup so I deleted the beta III version ( and the beta II that I had) and re downloaded it. With the Ultimate Update/patch running successfully I re enabled it and......Voila!   It works!

Wat a great mod! I too wish there was a read me but it sure adds a lot to the game if you like winter warfare.

Cheers
H

Thanks again for all those who tried to help me.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: