Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 08:08:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I cannot see through flashing cannon  (Read 6434 times)
Andreikokot
Oberleutnant

« on: April 22, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »

Hi,
when I fire, there is a big flash that i cant see through and bad thing is, that this flash last very long (several seconds) so i cant see where I fire. Than i cant adjust my firing.

When I look at youtube videos, on some it occurs, on some not. Maybe depending on campaign, system running, or maybe it is only in quick battle, I dont know.

It is very unrealistic and bothersome.

Any help to switch it off? thx
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »

I noticed this too but mostly with the Soviet tanks. I don't know if it's realistic or not but it seems it could be correct for several reasons. The Soviet tanks sit alot lower to the ground then the M-60 or Chieftein so the turret is closer to the ground as would be the gun sight. Probably the concussion from the cannon would kick up alot of debris and soil let alone the smoke from the round, depending on the soil your sitting on it could be pretty intense and long lasting. But as a rule you really shouldn't fire a round and stay put, try moving foward or backwards after you send a round down range to get clear of the debris/smoke cloud. It's a small amount you should move so it shouldn't mess up your target solution.
Cheers.
Andreikokot
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »

here it is more apparent

see from 8:25 ... he fires two shots where you can see what i mean:)

... he fires, than cloud emerges, it takes several seconds, than several seconds while dissapearing ... normally it should be just half second flash

thx
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »

that's not the flash, it's the residue from the shell. It's fairly realistic, IMO, and can easily be solved by changing position after each shot

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

HAHAHAA they had this same problem with the Firefly. It's realistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly
Andreikokot
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »

and why it is not here and in other cases? (and in reality when i look real videos)

2:25

thx Smiley
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »

it depends on your graphic settings and the terrain

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »

I can tell you the flash and debris and smoke is there. When I get a bead from my M60 on a a T55/62 and fire-the view is disturbed by the flash and smoke leading to some tense moments for everything to clear so I can see if I need to keep firing-or the target back away. I have no complaints about that. It must be your settings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: