Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 10:35:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are helmets and hats located?  (Read 25919 times)
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »

Well it crashed again-tricky little bugger- Grin Soviet troops do not like Iraqi helmets. So I'm thinking of making a copy/duplicate of the Iraqi helmet and calling it a Soviet Helmet.
Not a showstopper for the game-just would like to conquer this problem. What do I have to copy and rename besides what is in the the tabs_flatdata file?
Any objects file.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:01:39 AM by Rod » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »

I have that problem alot too. This solution seems to be temporary, like 1 or two games before a perpetual crash

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »

Yeah sailing along here then -crash after 2 minutes

It's late now-but I think I see the problem-when comparing texture dds files located in tex_humans_mtc80.flatdata

reg_sa_soldier_dift.loc_def.dds  and reg_iq_soldier_dift.loc_def.dds  (it has no helmet texture- but a beret texture) or reg_iq_tankman1_dift.loc_def.dds (which has a helmet texture)

they are laid out different from the soviet texture. The soviet soldier has a soft cap texture in his texture file. Even where the Iraqi helmet texture is located in a different area PLUS there is a file ONLY for HATS AND HELMETS  reg_hats1_dift.loc_def.dds

I found the iq_helmet mesh and duplicated it and gave it  an sa_helmet name. But I bet that won't work I bet because the way the uniforms textures are laid out. There will be a conflict. Unless you change the soviet soldier texture and possibly model. It's late. Later, Gator.

Hope Flashburn can work around this problem with the American helmet.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:43:48 AM by Rod » Logged
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »

Like Whukid I'm visual so here are some screen shots of some of the files.
This is the soviet soldier texture file and bump map file what the arrow points to the soft hat texture-I think that gets in conflict with the texture on the Iraqi Helmet file and the Russian soldier texture file-since the Russian soldier already has a hat texture for different headgear. I'm stumped what the HAT file does with it's textures. Is it only for viewing the mesh? At this point I'm 100% certain you can't just add a helmet with a text edit-that is only a part of the process of putting a helmet on a head-PERMANENTLY. Or at least a Russian Infantry mans head. Game sucker punches and works with the modded helmets and then CRASH! Takes awhile to get in conflict.  Roll Eyes
What I want at this point is to retain soft caps for officers and helmets for enlisted. I'm sure there is a way-jus' can't get my mind around it yet.

I'm not a texture whiz- is I delete out the hat texture will I still have a conflict and a crash? Is the hat/helmet it's own physical model-or is it part of the body?
Comments are welcomed.

Iraqi soldier texture named   reg_iq_tankman1_dift.loc_def.dds is below    (only one with helmet texture others have beret-go figure with the naming  Huh? {how hard can it be})
Note the position of the helmet texture in the file (upper right hand corner) compared to the Russian soldier. Maybe a way out of this crash is to take the IRAQI tankman file and texture and bumpmap it into a Russian infantry soldier uniform. I'd do it-but I never done any art work except some cut and paste.

The Hat file-is this only for the mesh?   Huh? Huh? Huh?  (It also has it's own bump file.)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:06:48 PM by Rod » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »

The second picture is the only file used for hats, from what I can gather.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: