Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 11:30:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Armor Mod questions  (Read 74915 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »

Hi everyone,

You're overlooking the significance of the "cd ..\..\.." line.

Each ".." is to bring you up one level to the next higher directory (or folder, in newspeak). So that the batch file can find the "Starter.exe" executable, which resides in the game's main folder.

If your cmd batch file is in the main folder already, skip the "cd" line.

If your cmd file is one level down, use "cd .."

Two levels down, use "cd ..\.."

Three levels, "cd ..\..\.."

Not voodoo, just basic Dos commands  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »

Thanks Kyth-that did the trick for me as getting the mkflat cmd to work from the root folder.  Grin

Code:
cd ..
starter.exe  root\programs\mkflat.progpack,  users\modwork\test_pack.flatdata, users\modwork\test_pack.!flatlist
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »

DOS is voodoo!   Lips Sealed  Good catch btw.  Don't forget your way back hat!

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »

I just stuff this in my "Packed_data" folder?

Nevermind Tongue

The flags are still Iranian though. How do I change those?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:49:19 PM by whukid » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

Best way is to add via an addpack file thru games updater.   if you are just trying to if it works and ALL files are there......I guess you could replace origianl.  Just back up first. 
There is an addpack template somewhere in doc folder I think now.  This one can be followed in how too docs with out much problem. 

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »

Best way is to add via an addpack file thru games updater.   if you are just trying to if it works and ALL files are there......I guess you could replace origianl.  Just back up first. 
There is an addpack template somewhere in doc folder I think now.  This one can be followed in how too docs with out much problem. 

I'm working on making an ".addpack" file now.

what all do I add? So far, it looks like this;
Code:

i_updater:updater=()
{
//ïóòü ê äîïîëíåíèþ
path[s] = <IDF_Mod>;
//íàçâàíèå äîïîëíåíèÿ
desc[s] = <IDF addon>;
//àâòîð(û) äîïîëíåíèÿ
authors[s] = <Whukid>;
//âåðñèÿ äîïîëíåíèÿ
version[u] = 100;
//òèï äîïîëíåíèÿ
//CAMP - êàìïàíèè/ïîëèãîíû,
//RES - îáíîâëåíèå ðåñóðñîâ,
//ADDN - àääîí
type[*] =  RES;
//óäàëÿòü ïåðäûäóùóþ âåðñèþ äîïîëíåíèÿ
//ðåêîìåíäóåòñÿ ñòàâèòü true
clear_prev[b] = true;
//âåðñèÿ èãðû íà êîòîðóþ ñòàâèòñÿ äîïîëíåíèå (â 16-ðè÷íîé ñèñòåìå)
//åñëè óñòàíîâëåí ôëàã 0x80000000 – ñòàâèòñÿ òîëüêî íà óêàçàííóþ âåðñèþ
eng_ver[u] = 0x0000050b;
//ïóòü ê ñèñòåìíûì ôàéëàì (äëÿ ïîëüçîâàòåëüñêèõ äîïîëíåíèé îñòàâëÿòü ïóñòûì)
sys_path[s] = ;
//ôàéë èñïîëüçóåìûé äëÿ ñîõðàíåíèÿ çàìåíÿåìûõ ôàéëîâ (îñòàâëÿòü ïóñòûì)
recover[s] = ;

}

Like what do I put for the "sys_paths" and "recovers"?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:32:09 AM by whukid » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 03:32:08 AM »

No idea... You are doing stuff no one other than graviteam has touched (that I know of).   Grin  But post screenies!  Might be able to help if you need it.  I have messed a little bit with the text files so I may be able to help there.  In the next few days I will try and create a down and dirty retexture of an Iraqi bmp1.  Found a pretty good picture of a bmp1 from iran/iraq war.  Only 2 sides are shown, but I can make educated guesses.  When I go thru files I keep your project in mind.   Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:38:13 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 03:36:47 AM »

No idea... You are doing stuff no one other than graviteam has touched (that I know of).   Grin

How did you do your desc.addpack though? It's really too bad this game didn't use a JSGME type system where it's easy to over-write files Sad

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 04:02:46 AM »

Under DOC/modwork/stencil there is an example addpack file.  Of course I just checked it and the commented bits are in RUSSIAN....lol.  ok new plan....

Code:
//Cfgp2Pd auto converter

i_updater:updater=()
{
path[s] = FlashBurn_addon_V1.4;
desc[s] = Mini_mod_V1.4;                   best I can tell is a basic discription of mod that appears in updater
authors[s] = FlashBurn;
version[u] = 104;                       3 digit version number  this ends up meaning 1.04 in updater......  Numbers are what you pick
type[*] = ADDON;                                   this is somewhat explained in docs.   Does a better job than I would
clear_prev[b] = true;                            erases older addon of same name if yes......ie updated mod/files
eng_ver[u] = 1357;                            this is supose to be in HEX code?  Never bothered changing.....if it does not work with current build of sabow user should read the the readme....
sys_path[s] = ;                                          No clue, not needed
recover[s] = ;                                             ditto.

} //endof i_updater:updater

This is an old addpack file I made for my little minimod and missions deal.

Ok.  that is all to the meat of the addpack file.
1. save as a desc.engcfg2 in unicode (what i usually use)  Better still use the example tempate and ignore the crazy crap.   
2. run pd2cfg on file
3. It should now say desc.config.  Open with notepad++ and save as desc.addpack.

That part is now done.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »

The easy way to figure out the rest is download someone else mod and take a look at structure........  I highly recommend flashburns mini mod and missions V1.5.  LOL Cheesy  http://www.mediafire.com/?7v2k11bkil29shf

Ok, heres the deal.  The file locations are VARY important in mod structure.  You need to recreate file structure of game.  What it does is like the old k42 mod installer.  It does not over right original files but uses them over originals.  Hope that makes sense.  File structure has to duplicate!  However, NEVER overwrite dev updates!  You can use files from dev updates.......in fact you want too for a mod that will work with newest versions BUT DON"T EVER TAKE A PATH OF DEV UPDATES! 

Also dev updates always needs to be at bottom of updater list.  Otherwise it will over write your mod. 

Oh forgot a couple things.  That crazy text is Russian.  to see what it says......in notepad++ go to encoding>character sets>windows 1251.  Does not always seem to work.......but sometimes it does.  GO figure. 

The other is that sometimes graviteam and other sights like sukhoi.ru see to go down for prolonged periods of time........at least for us in the West.  Its weird.......feels like big brother is being a bastard, lol Tongue  But if this board is down you can PM me on SIM HQ .

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:29:13 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:44 AM »

wow! Thanks! Grin IT WORKS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I understand the BASIC basics of modding Wink all this .cmd/.addpack/.flatlist/al;dkfjal;fkja;sdlf stuff has my noob head spinning Sad

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:50 AM »

Grin

Honestly, at first I was like WTF is this stuff.  Then had to get by way back hat on and was like......OH.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:37:43 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 04:53:31 AM »

Grin

Honestly, at first I was like WTF is this stuff.  Then had to get by way back hat on and was like......OH.

That's more or less my situation Tongue Right now, I'm knee deep in figuring out where to put the flags and then I have to find a way to put the Centurion (formerly "Olifant") in the IDF roster

EDIT: It's not so much really where to put the flags as to where to put them so that all the icons in the game don't go haywire Sad
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:02:56 AM by whukid » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03:41 AM »

That is not vary hard at all.  I added in a t62 to unita with a high speed tank commander.  Let me find code for what I did....lol forgot already. 

this is under squads of div_units_misc.loc_def

Code:
un_t62_FB, sq_tank, txt_ce_cub_t62, TANK, 1000, 2, 0, 0, TECH, STR, TANK, 3, 2, 0, 0, sau_t62, 1, un_crew_t62_t55_FB, 1, , 0, , 0, , 0, , 0;

Doing something simple like that would bring the tank over to whatever side you want.  However.....of course there is a however, with custom textures you will need to create a custom vehicle with imported model with texture paths. 

Under addins of common_res_mod will point to mesh and texture files.....some of mine from my ever expanding mod.
Code:
	ENERGA_FB, energa_fb, sh_object, false, false, 0.2, energafb_dift, energafb_norsp, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0;
R1M1_FB,  energa_fb, sh_object, false, false, 0.2, energafb_dift, energafb_norsp, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0;
UN_CAPFB, un_kepkafb, sh_object, false, false, 0.3, hats1fb_dift, hats1fb_norsp, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -0.01, 0, 0, 0;
M2HB_FB, m2hb_fb, sh_object, false, false, 0.3, m2hbfb_dift, m2hbfb_norsp, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0;

LOL just figured out why my texture is not working on my .50cal.   Grin  Got to fix that. 

OOPS should probably explain that.

M2HB_FB,<--name of object> m2hb_fb,<--name of mesh> sh_object,<--no clue right now> false, false, 0.3, m2hbfb_dift, m2hbfb_norsp, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

dift (this is texture) norsp ( this is normal map)  you probably got that down already.   Not sure what ALL of 0's do, but some of them are position away from models pivot point. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:23:15 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 05:30:12 AM »

Grin

That's more or less my situation Tongue Right now, I'm knee deep in figuring out where to put the flags and then I have to find a way to put the Centurion (formerly "Olifant") in the IDF roster

EDIT: It's not so much really where to put the flags as to where to put them so that all the icons in the game don't go haywire Sad

You mean country flags?  Just saw a bit of code that looks like to decals.....do not know if this will help or if you have seen this.
this is under techn_base_mtc80 and m60 model.   I am guessing numbers are once again possition off of pivot point.
Code:
mslots[sssffff]()
{
num2, s_mark_01f, s_mark_01, 0.7, 0, 0.007, 0.17;
num2, s_mark_02f, s_mark_02, 0.7, 0, 0.007, 0.17;
markc, s_mark_03, , 1.5, 0, 0.007, 0;
markr, s_mark_04, , 0.5, 0, 0.02, 0;
markr, s_mark_05, , 0.5, 0, 0.01, 0;
markr, s_mark_06, , 0.5, 0, 0.01, 0;
num_veh, s_mark_07f, s_mark_07, 0.4, 180, 0.007, 0.12;

} //endof mslots

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 05:45:12 AM »

Grin

You mean country flags?  Just saw a bit of code that looks like to decals.....do not know if this will help or if you have seen this.
this is under techn_base_mtc80 and m60 model.   I am guessing numbers are once again possition off of pivot point.
Code:
mslots[sssffff]()
{
num2, s_mark_01f, s_mark_01, 0.7, 0, 0.007, 0.17;
num2, s_mark_02f, s_mark_02, 0.7, 0, 0.007, 0.17;
markc, s_mark_03, , 1.5, 0, 0.007, 0;
markr, s_mark_04, , 0.5, 0, 0.02, 0;
markr, s_mark_05, , 0.5, 0, 0.01, 0;
markr, s_mark_06, , 0.5, 0, 0.01, 0;
num_veh, s_mark_07f, s_mark_07, 0.4, 180, 0.007, 0.12;

} //endof mslots

Oh no. Let me show you my pain.

These are the BEFORE pictures;

Then I do this;

and then this

And now I have this; Sad

(THose things are tanks)

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:55 AM »

OMG.  Thats screwed up  Tongue  You are most certainly gone where noone other than graviteam has been...............

But the squares are telling.  What version are your source files from?  Are they from first version or newest patch?  Or even after they changed movement map?

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 06:10:14 AM »

OMG.  Thats screwed up  Tongue  You are most certainly gone where noone other than graviteam has been...............

But the squares are telling.  What version are your source files from?  Are they from first version or newest patch?  Or even after they changed movement map?

I used the files in the March update. I think I'm overlapping the files somehow, but I have no clue what I've done. if I get rid of the "tex_misc.flatdata", the Iranian insignia's for the quick battle map become the Star of David, which is good, however everything else stays messed up. Sad

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:15 AM »

Oh man.....can't help on this one.  No idea  Cry.

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:08 AM »

Oh man.....can't help on this one.  No idea  Cry.

oh well Tongue I combined the files into a relatively small download. I think I've hit a wall with this flag fiasco though, as have I with getting the IDF their Centurions Sad

If anyone wants to take a look; the download link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?8jd53595sskx1u4

Anyways, I'm out for the night Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: