Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 07:35:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Israeli Defense Force Mod Version 1.75 (1.76 patch released)  (Read 128435 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 01:34:23 AM »

Step 7: Hit flatten to save time

That UV map doesn't resemble anything I've ever seen before,  Smiley Have you tried skipping the 'Flatten' option? Try resizing the 'islands' manually?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 02:20:54 AM »

yea, but it makes no difference Sad I just flattened it so I could get the screenshots up fairly quickly

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 02:46:46 AM »

I suspect the UV-mapping is already done for yl's models. You just need to resize / rearrange the various 'islands' to combine them into one UV-map. And assigning materials to the model has no effect on the UV-mapping, but you could choose one with a checker-board pattern, to see if there's any distortion.

Another thing about the 'flatten' option - you need to do 'reset x-form' before using it,

"Yes."
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 04:25:42 AM »

Flatten totally sucks for complex things.  Like Kyth said.........it appears that it was unwrapped allready.  You *should* just need to create a texture sheet.  If not, your going to have to have to do it your self.  Complex model take awhile to properly do.  IE, I did a rush job on my F5E and g3a3.  I could get away with it there....but if you are to add mega details in......... 

But if the sections of model are named.........and it looks like they are, and unwrapped.  Then bring each bit in by itself with unwrap....move off somewhere out side the "square".....then colapse the stack.   Then hide the bit you did that too.  Do that untill all the model bits are done.....  Then unhide everything, select everything, and uvw unwrap....edit.  Then you just need to arrange everything on one sheet.  You will have to decide what needs to be scaled....rotated etc. 

If you have to do all the unwrapping.........well thats alot harder.  Person who makes the model should really do that IMO.  They know more about their model then someone else. 

Yabba dabba do
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 05:55:07 AM »

A bit more about the funny picture  Smiley

It looks like the UV map is repeating itself over and over in different sizes. The number of UV coordinates might exceed the available memory, and that could be the reason for the hanging,

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »

You should definetely not play around with uv mapping for the whole model like that directly, Do as Kyth and Flashburn says, just move all finished parts instead of redoing everything. And with flatten you do exactly that, you flatten things (making round stuff like a pipe flat) and with that many polys in a model its not that unusual 3dsmax crash for you. If you want to flatten things you need to do it piece by piece. You should only work with the uv mapping as you have showed on the picture in step 6.

EDIT: and why are you trying to save the uvw map as a seperate file? If it wont work just make a copy of the model and save with another name. Its probably alot easier and alot less complicated Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:48:50 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 05:40:26 PM »

M51 SUPER SHERMAN  Grin

歯車には歯車の意地がある
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 02:52:25 AM »

Well, thanks for the help guys, but I've given up on the m48 uv map for now. Some things are best left to the experts, I guess  Undecided

That model looks absolutely amazing, Yl9961027

yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:11 AM »

Thanks whukid.  Cheesy

Don't worry about UV map, I will finish it.  Grin

Prior to this, I will first complete model of the centurion.

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »

Well, thanks for the help guys, but I've given up on the m48 uv map for now. Some things are best left to the experts, I guess  Undecided

It's not really a complicated process, just a case of "Less haste, more speed"  Smiley

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »

It's not really a complicated process, just a case of "Less haste, more speed"  Smiley

Well, the problem is that I've never really worked with a 3d editing program before. My skins are all a product of GIMP.

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »

Okay SABOW community, I need a few brave souls to beta test the camo schemes that you see throughout this thread. PM me if you're interested  Grin

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »

People's Liberation Army Update
the Mujaheddin replaced by a much meaner, leaner enemy. Sporting FN_FAL's and AK-47's, they are a force to be reckoned with. Them damn RPG's are a pain in the ass   

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 11:42:10 PM »

Okay guys, I've begun to start coding the new tanks in game. Hopefully all we'll need to do is attach the model and LOD's to the entry after I get done and be good to go Smiley 

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »

Edited PLO uniforms
Yes, they are wearing Nike's

IDF helmets are in the works Smiley just alittle re-coloring and they'll be in (huge thanks to flashburn)

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 01:24:04 AM »

You should try taking there hat things off.......lol.   I did, they have mutant heads.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »

I'd like to figure out a way to re-create their little "headscarf" thingies. Tongue

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 03:39:06 AM »

Okay, well I've got the helmets in game an the way I want them to look, however I've somehow made the "paratrooper" platoon unplayable. I get a CTD number 11 everytime (can't find the description for some soldier)

Anyways, here are some screenshots

Le Highway of Death

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 04:16:15 AM »

Probably a missing ; or something silly.  I did the same thing today with iraqi brdm 2 DOH!

Yabba dabba do
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 08:48:46 AM »

I have no idea what have happened but the updater doesnt want to save your IDF mod, I can install it. but as soon as close the window (save & play) it removes your mod from the list? :S

edit: well, something else is going on here, now nothing works for me in sabow Cheesy so im gonna test a clean install. so forget that i wrote anything Cheesy But i did told you guys my computer dont like sabow Sad
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:26:21 AM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: