Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 03:13:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Whukid's Kursk Patch (released)  (Read 64423 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »

It might be worth re-doing the Jpz IV skin, which is quite rancid.
And frankly, the Panther A deserves something better, too.  Sad

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »

Nooooooooooooo I like the Panther A skin! It reminds me of Harlequin' s costume Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 01:36:30 AM »

I suddenly remembered another pet peeve of mine - the captured "wehrmacht trophy" T-34 isn't likely to be sporting such an elaborate 3-colour camo. For expediency, they'd be painted with big black crosses, for quick identification.

IMHO, SPM 1.4 got it right.
The skin with SPM 1.5 'improved it worse'.  Shocked

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 01:43:16 AM »

Jeez. Whoever came up with the Tiger [late] and the normal Tiger skins is on my shit list. The differences were so minuscule and hard to find it wasn't even funny. -_________-

I plan on re-working all the German skins for the next edition though. it might take alittle time, as I'm still working on releasing the IDF mod 2.0

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 01:59:59 AM »

You have done a great job so far whukid. I do have lots of the german tanks from SF in 3dsmax and if you want i can give you the uvw maps of them (black background with green outlines) perfect to add as an layer to your textures to see all parts for example.
I have: Jagdtiger, Jagdpanzer, Jagdpanther, Kingtiger, Tiger (dont know which version thou), Pz4 including H, Pz2 Luchs and the russian Su-76 (that ones definitely needs a higher res texture) and i also got a Panther model but i dont know who made it or which model it is igm.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 02:36:37 AM »

If I could snatch the Jagdpanther, King Tiger, and the Panther one, I'd much appreciate it Smiley

The only two models in game are the Ausf D and the Ausf A. The easiest way to tell them apart ( in my mind) is the bow machinegun in the Ausf A model Smiley Ausf D never had a machinegun on the bow mount for some reason
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:14:56 AM by whukid » Logged

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:13 AM »

Hmm, actually. The Jagdpanther i have is the newer one with textures taken from WoT, they are pretty good already, but do you still want it? And about the Panther. I think i have the one banned because of the copyright stuff (taken from Forgotten Hope 2) I did see that first now, Sorry for that Cheesy But is any of the Panthers igm made from that one? Do you still need the uvw map for it?
And the Kingtiger. I dont know if Mistwalker have changed anything on the uvw map after i got the model from him to he released it in the UU patch. But i dont think he did so much. So atleast you can have that template right away Cheesy

Kingtiger Template
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:16:36 AM by Donken » Logged

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:23 AM »

Sure, I'll take the Jagdpanther! I don't believe the Panthers in game used the Forgotten hope template Undecided Thanks for the KT template !

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 03:31:56 AM »

well, sry, cant give you Jagpanther either xD The uvw map is a complete mess on the original one (the model needs an almost complete redoing) So its nothing you can work with Sad So you need to wait for my updated Jagdpanther which i btw can try to finalize and release, after that you can have a nice good clean uvw-map Cheesy Oh god, feels like i gave you more problems then i helped haha Roll Eyes

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:35 AM »

well, sry, cant give you Jagpanther either xD The uvw map is a complete mess on the original one (the model needs an almost complete redoing) So its nothing you can work with Sad So you need to wait for my updated Jagdpanther which i btw can try to finalize and release, after that you can have a nice good clean uvw-map Cheesy Oh god, feels like i gave you more problems then i helped haha Roll Eyes

it's all good Smiley If you could, would it be possible to include a multilayer template for the Jagdpanther? It's practically impossible to work with the standard .DDS files unless it came in a standard color, like Grey.

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:17 AM »

well, i dont really know what exactly you mean. But adding layers, for example adding the uv-map to your texture file as a background layer is something you do in your program. You also change greyscale and other stuff like that in it. Kyth can probably explain how to do Cheesy

And here btw is the uv-map mess on the Jagdpanther!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:28 AM »

adding layers, for example adding the uv-map to your texture file as a background layer is something you do in your program. You also change greyscale and other stuff like that in it. Kyth can probably explain how to do Cheesy

He means that he can supply you with the green outlines and shapes that represent the unwrapped 3D model, i.e. the bare necessities.
From there, in Gimp, you'll have to add in the additional layers, for example, the surface details like panel lines and rivets, surface textures, base colour and shading. The surface details can be obtained from scale plans, or from the original skin. Textures can be downloaded from the net.
From all that, you'll get a proper template. A rather painstaking process, but it's worth it when it's done right,

ps. remember my tip about drawing perfect circles in Gimp, you'll need it a lot.

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:26 AM »

I cannot my way around Russian tanks to save my life  Angry You'll also notice that the KV-1 doesn't have white paint on the gun mantle. I meant to get rid of them before uploading, but I was occupied by the Marder and Panzer IV H.

As for the Tiger, I merely renamed the beige "Tiger" skin to replace the other, mottled, skin. I didn't really touch it

You shouldn't do that, because late Tiger and early Tiger model are slightly different and UV mapping doesn't match in some places. I have a plain yellow skin for the late tiger so I'll upload it too.

As to the russian tanks - It's best of all to paint stripes  in software that allows 3d-painting like Maya or Z-Brush. This way you can almost avoid UV-mapping problems. Late Tiger and default Pz. IV skins are painted that way. If you'll look at them, you'll notice that camo stripes and spots are seamless almost everywhere.

And I recommend to use the skins from the latest Ultimate Update patch for editing. IS-2 texture there for example is slightly different from what you have.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:57:41 AM by Mistwalker » Logged
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »

And the Kingtiger. I dont know if Mistwalker have changed anything on the uvw map after i got the model from him to he released it in the UU patch. But i dont think he did so much.

It's almost the same, but I've changed 2 small elements actually. You can see what exactly was changed looking at the latest UV Template:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=tvk67pdhqlcomtw
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 10:57:01 PM »

Well, I took a break from modding today. Look what I made! Grin I call it, "Streetfight in Berlin"

RENDERED in GIMP

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2012, 01:40:24 AM »

What a talent! You ought to work as war correspondent! CNN, BBC anybody for Whukid?Huh?

Did the Stug take the JS-2 out????BTW there were 2 Tiger 2 taking part in that last battle before the last( the last battle was Prague in May ).They destroyed something like 50 Sov tanks before running out of ammo.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 01:46:56 AM »

The Soviets lost almost a thousand tanks in the battle for Berlin. I think it's safe to say a few might've been knocked out by Stug's Tongue
 nevermind! I misread what you meant. Yea, the Stug zapped the IS-2 before being knocked out or overrun by infantry

I'm not really sure what to do with my drawings. I guess I could try to make a living out of it, but I'd rather keep it as a hobby.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:49:09 AM by whukid » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »

Most of tanks they lost were to panzerfausts/panzerschrecks or mines.The Germans had little armour left.

BTW it's not Forgotten Hope ( my mistake)the Panther G was modded for it's for Darkest Hour the R.O mod. In fatc oyu can see the model in a video on youtube
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2012, 01:56:09 AM »

well, just incase you're wondering, the wounded guy on the left is supposed to be a surviving crew member Tongue

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »

Is the German soldier on the right firing a Sturmgewehr 1944?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: