Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 03:45:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical Error 001  (Read 70194 times)
budd
Major

« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2012, 11:51:24 PM »

i'll be happy to try it as soon as its available. I'm still playing under 577 and feb patch and no addons. Sign me up.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »

What are some of the new features of the 581 engine that the 580 doesn't have.Everytime a new engine comes out I have to reinstall the whole game from scratch(Along with the patches and add-ons) to get it to run properly.So far I'm happy with the 580 engine(error free).So,if there isn't any major design enhancements with the 581 engine I think I'll stick with the 580 until I absolutely have to install it to insure the proper function of any new DLC's that come out that I might want to purchase,that require that I install it to play them.

The most noticeable feature is the reduced size of the UI tool bars (an option) which really gives the player a much better field of view.

In my case, all 001 errors have stopped with 581, but I don't know if the new version is the reason for this.

The smaller UI tool bars really do make upgrading worthwhile though. 

Also, because in my stupidity I never discovered how to move infantry away from their vehicles before now (!), I need to replay every APOS campaign from the start with all the 577, 580 and 581 features!!!  Yay!  My wife's gonna love me Smiley
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »

"The most noticeable feature is the reduced size of the UI tool bars (an option) which really gives the player a much better field of view."I just turn them off(UI tool bars) with the Backspace/Ctrl hot key.When I want to access the info from them later and maneuver some troops to new positions, I hit pause and then the Backspace/Ctrl hot key again and issue new commands and then turn the tool bar off again with the Backspace/Ctrl hot key.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »

"The most noticeable feature is the reduced size of the UI tool bars (an option) which really gives the player a much better field of view."I just turn them off(UI tool bars) with the Backspace/Ctrl hot key.When I want to access the info from them later and maneuver some troops to new positions, I hit pause and then the Backspace/Ctrl hot key again and issue new commands and then turn the tool bar off again with the Backspace/Ctrl hot key.

Sure, that's an option of course.  But with 581 you can still do that, or you can have them running but less intrusive.  To each his own, as we used to say in the 70s Smiley
budd
Major

« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »

I never realized you could move infantry away from their transport. I'm not at my comp.   How is this done. You mean I didn't have to send the armored cars into the woods.
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

I think i need a new videocard. No matter what i try to do i cant solve my issues with the 001 error, my card is getting old now (Ati 4850) so maybe there is no other solution than a new one? The 581 patch didnt help as far as i can see, chrashes in every battle i play.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »

I think i need a new videocard. No matter what i try to do i cant solve my issues with the 001 error, my card is getting old now (Ati 4850) so maybe there is no other solution than a new one? The 581 patch didnt help as far as i can see, chrashes in every battle i play.

Are you testing 581?  It's not out till August...
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2012, 06:11:20 PM »

I never realized you could move infantry away from their transport. I'm not at my comp.   How is this done. You mean I didn't have to send the armored cars into the woods.

Exactly!  No more driving into trees!!!

All this time the devs looked at those screenies and just assumed we are all idiots Smiley

Now, it's not the simplest process, so I recommend you practice on the QB map.  I will post a little tutorial on the Matrix forum later this evening.
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »

Yes the 581 Alpha.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »

"Now, it's not the simplest process, so I recommend you practice on the QB map.  I will post a little tutorial on the Matrix forum later this evening."
                                                                                                                                               Cool,I'll     watch for it.It always irked me that my apc's would ride ahead of the infantry attached to them,instead of maintaining an over watch position away from any obstacels that may immobilise them,while the infantry assaulted or reconned that area.Will you be able to control the infantry and accompanying APC as seperate units?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:46:33 PM by dane49 » Logged
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »

Yes, you can handle them as separate units.  It works at Squad, Platoon or 'Group' level.  So you can send a single squad out to recon while the vehicle goes wherever you choose.

The new Thread is up.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »

Yes the 581 Alpha.

OK, I'm not a techie, but an updated rig is probably required for a game of this type...
budd
Major

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »

Does the alpha have the old pixel shader? This worries me, that it might not fix my problem, and I won't get to enjoy the addons I already have, and future ones.

Yes the 581 Alpha.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »

I am convinced that the 001 Error is coming up for a number of different reasons.  I used to get it when:

1. In the middle of a big battle.

2. Entering a new battles.

3. After clicking start on the QB screen but before the game went to the LOAD screen.

That can't all be connected the pixel shading, surely?
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »

I am convinced that the 001 Error is coming up for a number of different reasons.  I used to get it when:

1. In the middle of a big battle.

2. Entering a new battles.

3. After clicking start on the QB screen but before the game went to the LOAD screen.

That can't all be connected the pixel shading, surely?

All my 001`s is at battles, doesnt matter if big or small and never gotten such error in your number 2 and 3. Did some tests today in quick battles, sometimes the error came after zooming on enemy tanks and halftracks, sometimes it came in infantry only battles. There was also difference in how long into a battle it came, from 2 minutes to 15.

Not very easy to understand theese crashes Huh?
And damnit! girlfriend is on vacation so i have a ton of time to play after work and wanted to spend some quality time with this game when i can, but ofcourse it wont work Sad
budd
Major

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »

No idea, I don't know all that changed between versions. All I know is the demo ran error free and 577 and Feb patch run error free. Once I add the addons the 001 pops up under 577 and forget 580 the errors happen sooner or later but always happen.
I've tried to find a pattern , but haven't noticed any yet, the q key gets the error a lot but not always.
I just hope they get it sorted out so I can enjoy the game...its a hell of a lot of fun. 

P.S.

It's never happened on the op map, I played a couple battles using 580 strictly on the op map, no errors . Leads me to believe its graphical, but I'm no programer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:03:06 PM by budd » Logged
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »

Hey guys,
I had to change my PC as i got exactly the same thing, and no errors so far with this one (fingers crossed!).
Im using 580 and all the DLC's patches etc, along with VAPOS, Blood Mod and Skin Mod Ostfront.
I have noticed one odd thing, i have an app that shows CPU and RAM usage when running the game, it starts off with 9% of the RAM being used, and by the time ive finished a 3 hour game its using 21%. Huh? CPU never exceeds 12% no matter what.
Obviously the number of units stays the same, and the houses trees etc must be loaded at the start of the mission, so im not sure what is happening to cause that!
Dont know if that helps at all.
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »

@ Schweppes:

Regarding video cards, I run an Geforce 8600 GT and it runs very well at balanced settings under 577. 580 is bugged as hell on my system. Better video card is always nice though, this game really is a beauty to look at!

@ All:

What kind of set ups are not experiencing 001's. Just curious.

regards,

Prins.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2012, 01:22:43 PM »

@ Schweppes:

Regarding video cards, I run an Geforce 8600 GT and it runs very well at balanced settings under 577. 580 is bugged as hell on my system. Better video card is always nice though, this game really is a beauty to look at!

@ All:

regards,

Prins.

That's my situation as well.
Icebox
Oberleutnant

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »

@ All:

regards,

Prins.

Games runs error free with this system:

Gateway FX 6840-15e Desktop
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
Intel Core i7-870 / 2.93 GHz
8.0 GB Memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 mb
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: