Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 01:26:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical Error 001  (Read 70192 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »

In Gamers Gate it's called (left tab):
1) op_star_game_update_eng_v577 - it's core update
2) k43t_apos_patch_07c_(feb12_eng)  - it's a game update

DLCs are separate products with their own pages:

1) Achtung Panzer: Operation Star - Sokolovo 1943
2) Achtung Panzer: Operation Star - Volokonovka 1942 (summer)

Installed by the same way as the game update.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:10:45 AM »

Hi Andrey.

Yes, I got all those files. Thanks.  The game is running well.

There is one more file on your site (http://graviteam.com/HELP/271.html) called "Polygons Update Optional".  Icebox was saying I should install that after the 7c patch.

However, the Polygons Update link looks like this = http://www.steelfury.com/AP-STAR/k43t_apos_update_district_taranovka_rakitnoe_dec11_eng.exe.  What is that file, what's the benefit and do I need it?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:24:55 AM »

However, the Polygons Update link looks like this = http://www.steelfury.com/AP-STAR/k43t_apos_update_district_taranovka_rakitnoe_dec11_eng.exe.  What is that file, what's the benefit and do I need it?

Some checks and fixes on Rakitnoe and Taranovka areas (You can play without them)

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

Thanks
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »

Exactly what is causing this error and crash during game play is unclear, but several players have reported it on the Matrix Forum.  From what I can gather (please add comments) the error has been seen:

1. After patching to version 7c.
2. In both the Matrix Games and Gamersgate 'versions'.
3. Sometimes when pressing ESC and trying to save a battle in progress.
4. Sometimes in the middle of a battle (Campaign and QB are both affected).
5. Once when entering a battle from the operations map.
6. Often (for me) after ALT-TAB to paste a screen shot into Paint.

The game may also appear laggy leading up to the crash (mine did, anyway).

Possible fixes:

1. I did a complete uninstall and re-install after the game started to crash every few minutes. 
2. I also deleted my old profiles and created a new one.
3. I turned off shadows and sharpened images.
4. I selected dual core in the settings - the default game settings said 6 cores, even though my PC is dual core.

The game then ran very smoothly until I did a couple more ALT_TABS and one ESC + Save when it crashed again.

I repeated the re-install and I am now avoiding all ALT_TAB and ESC actions (so no more screenies from me!).  So far, the game has been running very smoothly with no more crashes.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »

I have experienced this a few times, but, on at least one occasion, I found that the problem did not repeat when I re-configured my virtual addressing fix for an out-of-memory error.
Here's a link to the fix on the Total War forums http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484&highlight=post+battle+ctd.

Don't know if this indeed the fix, though. Try at your own risk.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »

Thanks - I will look at that.

I had figured this was a memory related issue, although I have 4GB RAM and a 512MB graphics card.
budd
Major

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »

I have had this error a few times, can't really spot any consistent action that causes it. Is any more information logged in a folder anywhere? Will the upcoming patch fix this? I just re-installed and left the add-ons off for now and have played 8 battle on the tac map without issue so far.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »

I have had this error a few times, can't really spot any consistent action that causes it.

We too

Is any more information logged in a folder anywhere? Will the upcoming patch fix this?
May be, I hope. At least we'll know soon Smiley
Typically, the patch always removed some bugs, but there are always others.

I just re-installed and left the add-ons off for now and have played 8 battle on the tac map without issue so far.

Reinstall almost never helps.

Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

Thanks Andrey.

I downloaded the Matrix version last night (in case it is the 577 core update and 7c patching process that was causing the problem).  No crashes with the Matrix version so far, but I didn't install the DLCs yet.
russkly
Oberleutnant

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 07:48:28 AM »

Hi all.

I've never had this problem before, but after the May patch I'm getting it every time during a quick battle (wanted to test the new patch without tarting a campaign).

I had to create a new profile anyway, since the game wouldn't load using my previous profile (shame).

Any ideas, please?

R
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:03 AM »

After the May patch, I got the error every time in a quick battle.

Then I did the optional map updates and I've only had a single error since then.

if you haven't tried it yet, maybe the optional map update would help?

Of course, this is all broscience.
russkly
Oberleutnant

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »

After the May patch, I got the error every time in a quick battle.

Then I did the optional map updates and I've only had a single error since then.

if you haven't tried it yet, maybe the optional map update would help?

Of course, this is all broscience.

Cheers, Capt. Sam.

I deleted my old profile and created another new one.

Played a quick battle without problems this time (and I love the graphics effects of the patch).

I think I applied all the updates, inc. the district ones.  My game updater screen contains the following:

Game update 3.08
District update 1.03
Addon Sokolovo 1943
Addon Blau 1942

Is that right?  I've bought all the addons, so I'm not sure, if I'm missing anything!

Perhaps someone could post how the game updater screen should look when everything's installed correctly?

R
Icebox
Oberleutnant

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »

I think I applied all the updates, inc. the district ones.  My game updater screen contains the following:

Game update 3.08
District update 1.03
Addon Sokolovo 1943
Addon Blau 1942

Is that right?  I've bought all the addons, so I'm not sure, if I'm missing anything!

Perhaps someone could post how the game updater screen should look when everything's installed correctly?

Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »

It seems as if I've spoken too soon.  Now I'm getting the 001 error over and over.  I created a new profile and I (finally) moved the game out of the Program Files directory.  Still, the crashes are every game now.

I'm messing around with various settings to try to isolate what is causing the error.  Is anyone here using the VAPOSM sound mod getting this error?  That's the only mod I'm using currently.
russkly
Oberleutnant

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »

It seems as if I've spoken too soon.  Now I'm getting the 001 error over and over.  I created a new profile and I (finally) moved the game out of the Program Files directory.  Still, the crashes are every game now.

I'm messing around with various settings to try to isolate what is causing the error.  Is anyone here using the VAPOSM sound mod getting this error?  That's the only mod I'm using currently.

No mods for me, and, since creating a new profile and ensuring that I had the latest versions of the various patches and addons, no critical error 001.

Sorry, I appreciate that that does not help you.

Good luck.

R
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »

I started getting the error again when running my Gamersgate install (latest patch) which has both DLCs also installed.  Even after I reduced my video settings dramatically, the crashes continued.

I switched back to the Matrix version I am also running, this time with the latest patch (from Gamers) but with no DLCs installed.  Graphics are at maximum on this one and the game is running perfectly so far.

In both cases, I have also installed the District Update.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

Very strange.  It seems most likely to crash when I resume the game from a pause or when I leave the binocular zoom.

Unfortunately, I have the Gamersgate version, so in order to un-install and re-install, I have to log back on to Gamersgate to download.  Is the Matrix version an off-line installer?  If so, this is a great incentive to purchase from Matrix.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 08:31:05 PM »

Fresh install, not in Program files, nothing but latest update and patch, 5 minutes into quick battle, crash!

The critical errors have not been addressed in the recent patches; in my case, they have only become worse!
RooksBailey
Oberleutnant

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »

Yeah, I just got my first 001.  Angry  I'm going to fool around with the graphics settings.  Something tells me this might be a memory leak type of error. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:19:09 AM by RooksBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: