Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 11:43:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OVERVIEW OF THE 580 PATCH FEATURES ON MATRIX  (Read 11774 times)
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:43 AM »

I have created a thread on the Matrix forum here (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3126955) providing an overview of the main Release 580 features based on a test of the English beta version of the patch.

Apologies for not posting the results here, but I couldn't get the image upload feature to work.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:39:31 AM »

Thanks very much Redmarkus ! Smiley

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
GBS
Major

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »

Red....where can we common folk get access to this beta patch that you have?
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

It's not released yet.  Not long, I guess...
MJR
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »

New patch up now on GamersGate Grin
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »

YEAh !!!! Thanks !!

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
hamrock
Major

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »

Well as expected it does not work Huh?  Installed exactly as before,  It has always worked for me in the past but not now.  it still does not load from the Update screen.  I see it is on V3, so are there problems?  Any help would be much appreciated.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »

I'm also having a problem installing the new updates from Gamersgate.Do I have to uninstall the old updates 1st before installing the new?Also,what sequential order should I install the new updates.(1)Patch(2)Engine(3) District.Or-(1)Engine(2)Patch(3)District.Or should I reinstall the game again,and only apply the new Engine,Patch and District updates?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:53:15 PM by dane49 » Logged
MJR
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

I just ran the actual game updater and linked it to the "desc.addpack" in the folder where i extracted the zipped "k43t_apos_patch_may12_eng_v3patch" like with the other patches ect and ran the "op_star_game_update_v580_eng_v2" exe patch.
It all worked and my game shows its updated to v580 but i got a "critical error 001" crash to desktop during my second tactical battle. This is the first 001 crash for me too.
 Having just looked on GamersGate again and there is a now another patch, patch three today "k43t_apos_upd_dist_taran_rakit_may12_eng.exe.part" which i am going to install, see if that helps as i have the DLC add ons.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:59:14 PM by MJR » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »

Just took a look at gamersgate posted patches.  WOW could they make that look more confussing?  Assuming they did not screw anything up........

You need 5.80 patch.  install that 1st.
Then may patch via in game updater

The rest of that crap is either unneeded (old out dated) or optional. 

The district update is nice to have but not needed.  with that said you only would want the newest.  Gamersgate needs to get rid of all that other old stuff to stop causng confusson.   Tongue  Graviteam patches have always been stand alone requiring no previous patches be installed.  If they are installed they are over writen by newest. 

In the past gamersgate HAS uploaded wrong patches..... just FYI.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

I'm also having a problem installing the new updates from Gamersgate.Do I have to uninstall the old updates 1st before installing the new?Also,what sequential order should I install the new updates.(1)Patch(2)Engine(3) District.Or-(1)Engine(2)Patch(3)District.Or should I reinstall the game again,and only apply the new Engine,Patch and District updates?

(1)Engine(2)Patch(3)District(4)DLC

the New patch uninstalls the previous one automatically.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »

1. Download and run the 580 update first. This allows the patch to be utilised by the game engine.

2. Run the game and confirm that it says version 580 in the top right corner of the main menu window.

3. Download the May12 patch. Extract the patch to a folder of your choice. I created a special folder for this patch to make sure that it doesn't overwrite any earlier downloads and that I can find it easily.

4. To run the game updater you can simply click on the game version at top right of the main menu - the line of text up there.

5. Once the game installer runs, I uninstalled the earlier update, DLCs, etc. This is not necessary - just being careful.

6. Next, click Install at bottom left of the game installer window.

7. Browse to the folder containing the downloaded patch.

8. Open the CORE folder and locate the desc.addpack file. Select it.

9. Wait until the install completes.

10. Repeat the process to download and install the operations updates (optional). This file is over 1GB. I installed this.

11. Click Save & Play or whatever it says - my game is running at the moment.

Probably the toughest patching process I have ever seen Smiley but I haven't had any crashes yet - fingers crossed...
hamrock
Major

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »

Many thanks, any idea how to unistall the new patch.  I installed the May patch first, logically following the list on gamers gate.  then the 580 update, surprise surprise it did not work. This is almost too hard to bother with.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »

Uninstall patch is just go into game updater and hit uninstall XXXX whatever.

IF for some wonky stupid windows 7 reason does not allow you to install 5.80 (known issue with win 7 64 bit for sure).........move folder out of programs.  Stupid thing (windows 7) often times will not allow you to apply patch into game folder in programs.  Copy paste the folder out of programs and stick it under C: or whatever drive ....it works fine.   May or may not be an issue.  But if 5.80 does NOT appear on the top of the splash page.........this is probably the problem. 

Yabba dabba do
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »

Great News!  Downloading now.

(Now let's see if I can figure out the patch process this time a little quicker than last time . . . )
hamrock
Major

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »

Thanks for this, just got it to work, even tried a game, so far so good. Smiley  Now the next big step is to  install the uniform mod.  I think Graviteam need to make this more user-friendly in the long term. I'm not proud of this biut this took me  seven hours today to finnally crack it Roll Eyes

I may ask Andrey for a translated link to the uniform mod as even google translate was having problems with it.

Once more many thanks for the advice I would not be where I am without it .
hamrock
Major

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 07:48:51 AM »

Downloaded the Uniform patch.. Excellent job, Really makes a big difference.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »

Any chance you could stick up on dropbox or something for the rest of us?  I couldn't figure the site out...
GBS
Major

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »

Any chance you could stick up on dropbox or something for the rest of us?  I couldn't figure the site out...

I second this. I'm leery of the Russian site....can't tell what I'm clicking on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: