Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 04:30:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: August 2012 update (news)  (Read 38699 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« on: June 22, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »

--- August 2012 ---
1) Fixed bug with displaying wrong helper page after loading a savegame.
2) A little bit changes in the speed and the nature of the movement for platoons on the operational phase.
3) The new format for patches and updates, installed directly from archive and not requiring a pre-extraction (for lazy guys  Wink ).
4) Enabled option 6.12 leads to a reduction of tactical interface, not just icons for big resolutions and monitors   Grin. http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8772/shot201206221622150000.jpg
5) While paused, still showing the game time.
6) The apparent target are shown for all selected units (rather than one as before).
7) Highlight for the selected units and squads updated without delay.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:47:08 PM by Iceman » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »

--- August 2012 ---
1) Fixed bug with displaying wrong helper page after loading a savegame.
2) A little bit changes in the speed and the nature of the movement for platoons on the operational phase.
3) The new format for patches and updates, installed directly from archive and not requiring a pre-extraction (for lazy guys  Wink ).
4) Enabled option 6.12 leads to a reduction of tactical interface, not just icons for big resolutions and monitors   Grin. http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8772/shot201206221622150000.jpg
6) The apparent target are shown for all selected units (rather than one as before).
7) Highlight for the selected units and squads updated without delay.

4) Enabled option 6.12 leads to a reduction of tactical interface, not just icons for big resolutions and monitors
THANKS Wink

Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »

Great news!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »

Greetings from These United States Of America.

Very good news on the U.I. changes. I've stated it on the Matrix forum that this is probably my favorite game I've ever played, and believe me I have bought a ton of games. Great job.

I'd sure like to see more control for the infantry in the future for things such as Crawl, Take Cover (lie down in their current local), Dash etc.

Keep up the good work and I'm am telling everyone I know about your game.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »

Excellent news about the interface! Thanks! Grin
By the way, could I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to implement an option that would allow the orders to stay selected like it was in OP:K43? I've noticed that when I issue an order to a unit and then switch to another one, order buttons are cleared and I have to select the order again.
Also, it would be really, really great if the orders panel could remain visible even when no unit is currently selected.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »

A massive thankyou for the option. Blimey it is smaller!!

Good news.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »

Yeah, excellent news ! Keep up the good work manner ! Thanks very much !  Wink

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

Excellent news about the interface! Thanks! Grin
By the way, could I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to implement an option that would allow the orders to stay selected like it was in OP:K43? I've noticed that when I issue an order to a unit and then switch to another one, order buttons are cleared and I have to select the order again.
Also, it would be really, really great if the orders panel could remain visible even when no unit is currently selected.

If you re-select, for example, the Move order button, you should then see that all of your Move order options (formation, speed, use cover, etc.) are still selected as per the previous move command.

It is just the basic selection that is cleared (Move vs. Attack, etc.)

I like the change because I had lost count of the number of times I set my infantry to advance in column just because I had given that order to my Panzers one click prior Smiley
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »

That looks great Andy Cheesy

A couple suggestions though:

4) Enabled option 6.12 leads to a reduction of tactical interface

Small UI looks pretty good, but maybe not have the minimap be too small? The button itself can be smaller but if the map is made too small it will be completely useless on a small screen as well. Best option would be able to size minimap between "smallish" and the way it is today (which is fine).

Nice, but is it really necessary to show Time constantly in large font in the top of the screen? The way it was before the patch was fine, showing at bottom left without cluttering up the screen too much. After all you only need to check it once in a while, right?

Also please make sure the Time is displayed while in deployment mode.

* Is it me or is the 6X time speed much slower now? Even when the game says it's running at 6X it seems to be much slower than before the patch. Could it be speeded up on max setting to maybe 10X?

* The check-marks for "Fire" "Fire at...", "Unbutton" etc should be matched by red crosses indicating being not active (where this would make sense).
For instance, before the patch seeing the "bullet" icon be black meant the unit was ready to fire, now it means "cease fire"... quite a big difference and easy to overlook if not careful. Example of what I mean:

I thought the old worked just as fine though once you got used to it...

* Contrast seems to be too overdone now, shadows are way too dark, especially in light woods this is very noticable, shadows are completely black. Did you guys change the shaders? Mostly it looks really good, but just way too much contrast:

Cheers for the June patch, loving it so far, AI seems much tougher and more coordinated attacks.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:39:50 PM by Shadrach » Logged
hamrock
Major

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »

Good news indeed. Playing against the AI and armour when engages does back off if out numbered.  Well done guys. Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »

Small UI looks pretty good, but maybe not have the minimap be too small? The button itself can be smaller but if the map is made too small it will be completely useless on a small screen as well. Best option would be able to size minimap between "smallish" and the way it is today (which is fine).
Size of minimap is reduced as well as resolution to some other special occasion for the minimap lead to glitches and the need to constantly check how it works, that is unacceptable.

Nice, but is it really necessary to show Time constantly in large font in the top of the screen? The way it was before the patch was fine, showing at bottom left without cluttering up the screen too much. After all you only need to check it once in a while, right?
This solution is need to have a special "time button".

* Is it me or is the 6X time speed much slower now? Even when the game says it's running at 6X it seems to be much slower than before the patch. Could it be speeded up on max setting to maybe 10X?
Now, even clear 6X is not achieved almost no one of players, any sense in 10X does not seen.
After 2-3 years yes, we add 10X  Grin

* Contrast seems to be too overdone now, shadows are way too dark, especially in light woods this is very noticable, shadows are completely black. Did you guys change the shaders? Mostly it looks really good, but just way too much contrast:

Its normal thing for realtime computer graphics (and for any photorealistic graphics too  Grin ), if you see on dark places some time, its highlighted (To work normally need to enable the HDR setting)

P.S. Please reload updated Volokonovka 42 DLCs. On your screen you have a old DLC with new patch.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »

Can we have "one line" message box back? if i close the message box and a message comes up and i reopen the message box i cant even read the last ones..
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »

Can we have "one line" message box back? if i close the message box and a message comes up and i reopen the message box i cant even read the last ones..

+1
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

Can we have "one line" message box back?
No Smiley

if i close the message box and a message comes up and i reopen the message box i cant even read the last ones..

This issue is checked. I hope.

Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »

P.S. Please reload updated Volokonovka 42 DLCs. On your screen you have a old DLC with new patch.
Andrey, I've noticed some people have Volokonovka version 1.09. Mine is 1.06 and I think it looks the same like the one from the screenshot. Is there a patch for this DLC to bump it up to 1.09?  Huh?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »

Andrey, I've noticed some people have Volokonovka version 1.09. Mine is 1.06 and I think it looks the same like the one from the screenshot. Is there a patch for this DLC to bump it up to 1.09?  Huh?

Reload it from Gamers Gate and reinstall (unpack, select in update utility).

Shadrach
Major

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »

You can tell just from looking at the picture??? Impressive...  8)

I will update it, thanks for letting me know Smiley
For the future though, please let people know on these forums for instance that you have updated the DLCs as well, a simple forum sticky will do.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:03 AM »

from Gamers Gate and reinstall (unpack, select in update utility).
I have a Strategy First version. I don't think that GG will allow me to freely download something I didn't buy from them, but from competition.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »

I have a Strategy First version. I don't think that GG will allow me to freely download something I didn't buy from them, but from competition.

We are talking about the fact that if you have already purchased the previous version of DLCs, then you can download new there for current update.
For the version of the S1st I will clarify next week. But with a full-fledged publishers any agree is take a long time and hard to do.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:30:54 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »

We are talking about the fact that if you have already purchased the previous version of DLCs, then you can download new there for current update.
For the version of the S1st I will clarify next week. But with a full-fledged publishers any agree is take a long time and hard to do.

Why not post to your graviteam.ua site?

Home Built (air cooled)
MB : Asus P6T Deluxe
CPU : Intel i7 980x
Memory : 12 GiB
Video : Nvidia GTX 580 x 2
Audio : on board sound - Sound Max 5.1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: