Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 01:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: August 2012 update (news)  (Read 38698 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »

Why not post to your graviteam.ua site?

Updates on the GG seems to come through the e-mail (I hope). The rest is not really necessary, only the additional questions will appear  Grin.

P.S. I can not write on this site. Roll Eyes

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »

Why not post to your graviteam.ua site?

Updates on the GG seems to come through the e-mail (I hope). The rest is not really necessary, only the additional questions will appear  Grin.

P.S. I can not write on this site. Roll Eyes

I'm a little confused, you are not allowed to upload your DLC updates to the graviteam.ua site? If not is there some site you can upload to?

Home Built (air cooled)
MB : Asus P6T Deluxe
CPU : Intel i7 980x
Memory : 12 GiB
Video : Nvidia GTX 580 x 2
Audio : on board sound - Sound Max 5.1
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »

I'm a little confused, you are not allowed to upload your DLC updates to the graviteam.ua site? If not is there some site you can upload to?

Once again, explain the situation.
DLC and game (in various forms) are _sold_ through publishers and electronic sites.
In this context, will be strange to putting some of their in free access anywhere and especially strange on our site.
Simply if we do so, then following our game no one would take to sell Grin

A separate conversation about the updates. Updates to the fact that we sell themselves via electronic sites like GG (Impulse, Desura) we are updating as we want in any time. But versions that sold by the publisher so we can not upgrade as we want, only by mutual agreement.

How exactly will unfold it with a version of the S1st I do not know, from experience I can say that it is difficult to predict. For example to another of our game (SABOW), we have nearly a year can not get permission to do the official patches.

In the end, changes in the DLCs purely visual, especially on the gameplay is not affected.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:15:52 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »

How exactly will unfold it with a version of the S1st I do not know, from experience I can say that it is difficult to predict. For example to another of our game (SABOW), we have nearly a year can not get permission to do the official patches.

In the end, changes in the DLCs purely visual, especially on the gameplay is not affected.
Andrey, so basically what you are saying is that there is a possibility, that Strategy First's edition of Volokonovka could not be available in the newest version (1.09 I believe)?
So we (people who bought it from there) could never see those visual changes introduced in 1.09? And honestly, if you could recognise the screenshot's origin as being from the old version of Volokonovka simply by just looking at it, then I believe the changes in 1.09 must have been pretty significant.
Man... I should have bought the game from GamersGate then.  Sad

Once again, explain the situation.
DLC and game (in various forms) are _sold_ through publishers and electronic sites.
In this context, will be strange to putting some of their in free access anywhere and especially strange on our site.
Simply if we do so, then following our game no one would take to sell
A separate conversation about the updates. Updates to the fact that we sell themselves via electronic sites like GG (Impulse, Desura) we are updating as we want in any time. But versions that sold by the publisher so we can not upgrade as we want, only by mutual agreement.
I'm not sure if I follow you, Andrey. Graviteam has made vanilla APOS patches available on their (your) site here:
http://www.graviteam.com/HELP/271.html
and here:
http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html
APOS is sold through publishers and electonic sites just like its three DLCs are, so you could as well say the same for them patches you have for download for APOS. Those patches contain something that could fit this description too: "(...)will be strange to putting some of their in free access anywhere and especially strange on our site". Yet they're there, available to everyone. But it's not OK for a patch to Volokonovka DLC? This is what confuses me.

Guys, nobody is asking you to make the full version of Volokonovka DLC available for download, but just a patch that upgrades it from 1.06 to 1.09. This patch might, as you stated, contain only cosmetic and no game-play changes, but I bet that every person who bought this DLC wants to enjoy it's newest version no matter at which publisher he has made his purchase.
And if this is not possible from whatever reason, at least do something with lazy publishers to make them update your products.

Speaking of publishers, what's the difference between GamersGate and Strategy First? Aren't those companies both electronic publishers? I bought AP:K43 @ GG and had an electronic download, bought APOS bundle from Strategy First and had an electronic download too. They're not physical shops selling boxed DVD games to customers that enter via doors in some mall, so both publishers should always have newest versions of products they sell. How hard could it be for them (or for Strategy First in this particular case) to overwrite an older file with a newer one?

For the version of the S1st I will clarify next week. But with a full-fledged publishers any agree is take a long time and hard to do.
I'll hold my thumbs for this. Roll Eyes

P.S. Sorry for being off-topic.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »

Andrey, so basically what you are saying is that there is a possibility, that Strategy First's edition of Volokonovka could not be available in the newest version (1.09 I believe)?
I dont know. I have already said that next week will try to find out. Next week will come not earlier than tomorrow.  Grin It makes no sense to ask every hour.

APOS is sold through publishers and electonic sites just like its three DLCs are, so you could as well say the same for them patches you have for download for APOS. Those patches contain something that could fit this description too: "(...)will be strange to putting some of their in free access anywhere and especially strange on our site". Yet they're there, available to everyone. But it's not OK for a patch to Volokonovka DLC? This is what confuses me.
Patches are distributed free, DLCs are not. Patches are available on our website (and no one says that they have come to the version from S1st or the for Matrix  Wink ), DLC does not. What is this confuses?  Grin

Speaking of publishers, what's the difference between GamersGate and Strategy First?

GamersGate is not a publisher.

Aren't those companies both electronic publishers?
No

How hard could it be for them (or for Strategy First in this particular case) to overwrite an older file with a newer one?
I dont know. And just did not know until tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Please wait up to determine the issue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:17:26 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Killjoy12
Hauptmann

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »

I didn't realize the DLCs get update and need to be re-downloaded.    How often are they updated  - after each patch?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 06:08:04 AM »

I do beleave this is the first time this has happened.   Tongue  Heck, i did not realise the update to DLC's required a whole new DL.  I was waiting for GG to patch the thing.   Lips Sealed

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »

I didn't realize the DLCs get update and need to be re-downloaded.    How often are they updated  - after each patch?
As soon as they find any glucks or have any opportunity to improve.

BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »

Yep I get it now, to get updated DLC you have re-download the whole thing. GG and Matrix have ways to protect downloads but as far as I can tell Strategy First does not so not sure if SF can even offer updated DLC.

Home Built (air cooled)
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

You guys need to get on Steam. Seriously... right now.
BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »

Using a bit of common sense I updated my DLCs manually and it does look a lot better. Took a screen shot of a before and an after and that's when you really see the difference. Kind of a lighter version of how TOW series does HDR.

Home Built (air cooled)
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »

Using a bit of common sense I updated my DLCs manually and it does look a lot better. Took a screen shot of a before and an after and that's when you really see the difference. Kind of a lighter version of how TOW series does HDR.

Could you upload those shots somewhere mate?
BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »

Before
After

Home Built (air cooled)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »

Best shot will be on the fields  Smiley

GBS
Major

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »

So I should go back to gamersgate and re-download and install the first two DLCs?
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »

Just seems to have a cream tinge...not missing out on much.
BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 11:25:09 PM »

Just seems to have a cream tinge...not missing out on much.

Bit more than that, look at the shadows.

Home Built (air cooled)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 03:51:00 AM »

correct colored light source for the sun......sexy.   Tongue  Looks way better IMO than before on those briick textured buildings.  Always looked sort of like a plastic childs toy before. 

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »

I don't know, it's not something I'd notice whilst playing\fighting. I'm not bothered the S1st game may not be upgraded considering the price I got it for anyway.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »

We wrote them (S1st) a letter about future and current updates, but so far no answer. In general, most likely with a version of the SF will not be anything worthwhile. They are too strange and mysterious organization  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: