Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 07:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: This place is getting busy  (Read 36436 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 01:09:38 AM »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78420762/Kharkov-1942-Anatomy-of-a-Military-Disaster
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 01:47:34 AM »

Looks interesting, but if I click the download link, then I get some "LOG ONTO FACEBOOK" garbage.  Is there a direct link to the pdf?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 02:17:58 AM »

AHHHHHHHHHH facebook?  Anyone want to buy some stock?  Hay today I used a porta john 2x.  Everyone is that not totally exciting?  Like OMG!

Yes a link please.  need a legit MTOE for units involved .......not just bla bla 220000202021 tanks etc.  I can't even find referance to what units had M3 light tanks in the Red Army!!!  Some sort of super secret squirrel stuff here......

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 03:06:30 AM »

Leading towards SOMEWHERE May12 - 18.  Need lots more info however.  Semi historicial is the only way to do this in a timely manner.  I simply do not have time or access to do more.  Some sort of compromise composite operation of action.  Hope that will not piss people off too much.  Although it was a loss to Soviets of a LARGE magnatude........it rough for them, but they made progress.  Considering most of their soldiers and junior leaders where green as grass going up against a force made up of a hell of alot of 3 year vets.  Honestly looks like major screw up on the part of Soviet leadership........  Political leaders unleash the dogs of war.......when they play general it never ends well. 

May end up being K42 meets APOS........lol.  However, will drop the whole 19th onward major OOPS on Soviet side. 

NOW to locate MTOE of German/Russian units and well what was where and when.  Easier said than done......

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 04:17:49 AM »

www.avaxhome.ws/ebooks/history_military/KharkovAO.html                                                                              Kharkov 1942: Anatomy of a Military Disaster-Deposit files free pdf download
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 06:42:40 AM »

Yes a link please.  need a legit MTOE for units involved .......not just bla bla 220000202021 tanks etc.  I can't even find referance to what units had M3 light tanks in the Red Army!!! 

I assume it's pertaining to the 2nd battle of Kharkov. Short answer: None at that time.  Cheesy

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/battles/kharkov1942/tabKharkov_strength.htm

Lendlease: Moderate numbers of Matilda and Valentine tanks.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »

Vary helpful....
By mid 42 some unit somewhere had to have a decent number of m3 stuarts......unless they where still training up on them.  Not exactly the greatest tank ever, but where I use to live it seemed I could not walk a foot without tripping over a static display of one.   Tongue  kind of pathetic if the British where supplying more tanks than the US under lend lease.  Hell, US merchant marine types where getting killed heading for Soviet ports at that time in sizeable numbers...........just wtf where they dying over?    Huh?

Ah well, does not really matter  Tongue.  So I have a soft spot for that POS. 

Yabba dabba do
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »

Just make it armor heavy, please.  I find some of the infantry engagements a little slow and we have enough of them for now.

It doesn't need to be 100% historical in my view, just plausible.  If it's at Bn level, 'historical' will probably be hard to assess anyway.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »

I prefer combined arms. I like a good mix of Inf and Armour as support. What I'd like to see though is Airplane support as that seems lacking allround.

Big tank battles don't do it for me really. I love setting up ambush with my inf. Had an Inf platoon and a whole MG42 platoon hiding on the egde of the woods, had all of them with no fire order, enemy contact...I waited...and waited until about two squads wher walking past, opened up and boy what a mess one Russian platoon wiped out in a minute...Thats 6 MG42's blasting away. Trouble was they used all their ammo!

A campaign\operation needs a good mix of units I think. Single scenario's for tank heavy are great but I wouldn't like a whole operation mainly tanks.

If the game drags abit I always have a battle set to 1 hour. Anymore and one side ends up with no troops usually. 1 hour is great if your outnumbered etc.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:19:38 AM by wodin » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »

I agree on the more armor.  Usally Germans end up uber armor heavy and Soviets get a hand full.  Of course they are historical missions so ya, understandable.  When I look at armor numbers within say 2nd battle of Karkov, there where heck of alot of tanks.  BUT it appears that while the Germans would mass them, the Red Army seems to have them spread out.  Although lots of bat. at company strength and such. 

As far as combined arms is concerned.  Well ya.........BIG fan of that.   <-----------  Try and get a good balance between everything.

Still working on the details in my mind as to how I want to go about this with least amount of "rivet counting".  Probably end up using overall front as a basic template of action, then shrink down like I said.

Where I could use help with this is the historcial aspect of units in area and there MTOE (table of organization).  Will help this along quite a bit actually.  I am after semi historcial here. 

Right now clearing out the last 2 campaigns for my SABOW mod.  *should* have both largly done to my satisfaction.  Then finish up models (which are vary close).  Probably 1 week before I start this so I need to get data.  I could have the first test version ready a few days after, however that depends on how quickly I learn new sripting functions and figure out new and neato ways to do stuff.  But I will need some testers..hint hint.  I hope the tactic guys are more willing to help than the sabow guys (they largly do not).  Takes alot longer to finish stuff due to that. 

Yabba dabba do
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »

I will certainly test for you and I can help with the overall tactical layout etc.  No OOB info here though... 
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »

Everyone's on vacation?  Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 06:18:05 AM »

Considering that there is no real modding community for this game,it doesn't surprise me that there isn't much traffic on this forum.I don't think it's for lack of interest though.August patch due out sometime in October and Sinyavino  DLC planned for the future with no definite date announced for its release.I've been perusing the Russian site and they seem to be entertaining the idea of a Mius river front game(My impression only,not gospel fact).But if so,I find that very exciting for a future release.Battlefront released their CM:Fortress Italy game the other day!I never could get into the CM(Combat Mission) series,but it seems they are trying to incorporate alot of the same things in their game that in APOS is already considered standard fare.They also plan on a series for the Russian front 1944-45.I'm interested in seeing what they come up with,but I doubt it will be of the same quality and attention to detail I've come to expect and gotten used to in the APOS game,regardless of what the CM fanboys think over on their forum.To me CM will always be a board game posing as a 3D simulation.I had hoped that Theatre of War would have done better,but it seems the interest in that game has withered on the vine and I doubt that it will be expanded on.That was the only other game of this type that even came close in terms of graphics and future content that would have sparked my interest.I would like to see Graviteam do a Battle of the Bulge campaign(Around St.Vith or Bastonge,mainly because I would like to command some American troops in this game),I'm sure they(Graviteam) would do a much better job then anyone else in producing a game about that battle.But that is nothing more than wishfull thinking and I doubt it will ever happen.Hopefully,maybe by the time CM releases their Bulge series,they will have looked at APOS and seen where the future of this type of game really is and will design their next series of games accordingly.But I'm highly doubtful of that as well,as far as the developers of CM are concerned,they think that they are the cutting edge and every other game of this type is trying to emulate them. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:05:10 AM by dane49 » Logged
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »

I think we've got a couple things working against us with regard to mods.
  • The language barrier; Not only between us and the developers but between us and the other half of the community
  • The complexity of creating mods for this game; the fact that the game requires binary files makes making a mod alot more work.

Still its a brilliant game.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »

From my understanding from asking a guy from Belarus. ......Calling guys from Ukraine Russian is like calling a Canadian an American.   Tongue  lol

We'd never honor a Canadian like that Wink

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: