Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 10:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User made campaigns?  (Read 10956 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: June 24, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »

Anyone made any yet? Anything to download. I'd like some more German campaigns as it's Russian heavy at the moment. A few more on the summer maps of Sol map would be great.

I set up a quick battle and seeing those famethrower tanks burn out squads at a times who then proceeded to run around like torches and even end up with burnt clothes was brutal and really quite hard to watch, but I did, closely. I've seen them jump out on fire from tanks etc but those hard hitting flamethrower tanks are gruesome and scary.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »

As far as I know there as been 1 user test user campaign made for APOS.  Someoen somewhere must be working on more at this point  Undecided Undecided  Oh and one vary slightly modified one as well.  Well thats what I am aware of.  I helped out in the knowledge department on those 2 (EGO TRIP!  Tongue), and am totally willing to help out anyone else who wants to give it a go.  At some point I simply must make an APOS campaign my self but am up to my eye balls in my sabow mod.  SOME MAKE GOOD USER APOS CAMPAIGN,  NOW!

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »

I know someone made an historical mod for APK which had a few reworked campaigns.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »

I am about to drop back and punt on the ops editor. I just can't get the dang thing to work; it could be that I'm doing something wrong, though. I REALLY wish Graviteam could put more effort into making the ops editor more user friendly; the necessity of having to edit the config files by hand is probably where my mistakes lie.

That said, I would rather Graviteam put their efforts into their add-ons and future titles if the ops editor were to hog their development resources. It's just maddening to have the expectation of being able to do something aroused only to find that it's really not do-able for the average user. I'm so happy with the Graviteam operations and the quick battles, though, that I'm not gonna press the issue too much.
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »

I am about to drop back and punt on the ops editor. I just can't get the dang thing to work;

Units you add showing up in the ops editor but not in the game?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »

After current patch op editor totally equal to that what used by developers. One small operation (like Volokonovka 42) will created about 2-3 hours  Grin.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »

After current patch op editor totally equal to that what used by developers. One small operation (like Volokonovka 42) will created about 2-3 hours  Grin.

Outstanding, Andrey! Good news, indeed. Many thanks to the team!

Equally as helpful would be some detailed examples of the required config files, or even better, some more fully developed templates we could edit ourselves. Perhaps even a  FAQ or a common list of errors and possible fixes. For example, when I compile my attempted operations, I receive a message that there are two or three errors. When I look in the log in the Out folder, it says some of the unit names are not recognized, but I don’t understand why not, as their names are in the div pool file. What are some possible remediations or missteps to look out for?

I'm sure there are many folks around here, myself included, who will help you guys write and edit these kinds of  Help documents. Probably a few fellow technical writers and Instructional Designers lurking around this place. ;}   

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:29:09 PM by magjendad » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »

Equally as helpful would be some detailed examples of the required config files, or even better, some more fully developed templates we could edit ourselves.
The image of a full-fledged operation from the demo now created if you make project. (In may12 update)

Perhaps even a  FAQ or a common list of errors and possible fixes. For example, when I compile my attempted operations, I receive a message that there are two or three errors. When I look in the log in the Out folder, it says some of the unit names are not recognized, but I don’t understand why not, as their names are in the div pool file. What are some possible remediations or missteps to look out for?
Squad/vehicle names in table 3.4 in opeditor manual. Copy it exactly letter to letter/
In error messages you may see which name is bad. Check it (simply find in Libre office Calc - Ctrl+F and copy bad name Smiley ).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »

Thanks, Andrey! I'll try these ASAP.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »

I gave it a try but I'm too thick.  It may be what the devs are using, but I'm clearly no dev!

Looking forward to playing some new scenarios made by a modder.  I think that mod ability is what keeps a game alive over the long term and the devs should actually put resources into supporting lots of user designed scenarios and campaigns as a top priority.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »

Oh they do what they can to help out folks.   But I am guessing they are getting thin in the manpower department.  They have ALOT of projects they are working on right now.

BTW they easiest and fasted way to create a campaign is to unpack a default one and grab its DIV POOL file.  Then modify as needed.  This is what I do to speed up the creation process.  Saves 3 or 4 hours of work as half the time I try and make one from scratch I seem to put a bad number in crazy pants hex.  So I ended up saying screw that and recycle Tongue.   So far has worked well in my sabow campaigns, however if I where to do a truely legit chain of command for a battlation or something this probably would be an issue. 

Yabba dabba do
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 07:30:18 PM »

Oh they do what they can to help out folks.   But I am guessing they are getting thin in the manpower department.  They have ALOT of projects they are working on right now.

BTW they easiest and fasted way to create a campaign is to unpack a default one and grab its DIV POOL file.  Then modify as needed.  This is what I do to speed up the creation process.  Saves 3 or 4 hours of work as half the time I try and make one from scratch I seem to put a bad number in crazy pants hex.  So I ended up saying screw that and recycle Tongue.   So far has worked well in my sabow campaigns, however if I where to do a truely legit chain of command for a battlation or something this probably would be an issue. 

I have no idea where to even start with unpacking etc.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:53:23 AM »

Well that WOULD be a problem..... Tongue

Ok in mod tools (under DOCs) is a command called unflat.  Use that on a campaign (copy and move it out of camp file somewhere else first).  Under file type set to all files!  Otherwise it will not see it. 

It will create a folder with a bunch of files.  Find the one that says divpool.  In mod tools is a command called cgf2pd.  This makes it readable....coverts from binary to human understandable.  open file...........should become self explainitory from there..........well the basics anyways.  This IS the least painful fastest way to start a campaign.  From there you may need to chang and reorganize........well everything.  But at least theres a starting point.  Of course in MAY patch there is a default (much better) divpool file.  Between these two, it should become easier (not easy exactly)  to understand WTF does what. 

To be honest still not totally clear on UID and code aspects.  One is suppose to be in HEX (well I think) but its all numbers.  I fake the funk through it but........ya. 

If you are not use to working in CFG files this will be a new, fun, freaken WONDERFUL experience....  It is not hard, but is different that most people are use too.  Folks that have been doing this for years usually totally forget what a pain this can be for someone that can not see connections (yet) between text and numbers and actions within a GUI or editor or whatever. 

Yabba dabba do
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »

I'm afraid you scared me off with your explanation!  I'm just not technical enough.  I have built CM scenarios and campaigns and would need a user friendly editor along those lines before attempting APOS.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »

I will give it a look, I used unflat command to unpack tank texture so I know how it works, it could be interesting to edit campaigns to have, for example, more summer scenarios.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: