Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 12:44:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slightly frustrating  (Read 3171 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: June 24, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »

Played a really good battle and manged a minor victory. Two platoons had only lost about 6 men between them but another platoon lost about 20.

My issue was that when it went to the operational screen the game decided to rout one of my platoons who had only lost about 3 men andkept the one who lost 20 men. So a platoon with 45 men just disappeared.

Surely this can't be right?

I had to scrap the whole operation as this was a major blow so quickly (it was the second turn first battle).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »

Played a really good battle and manged a minor victory. Two platoons had only lost about 6 men between them but another platoon lost about 20.

My issue was that when it went to the operational screen the game decided to rout one of my platoons who had only lost about 3 men andkept the one who lost 20 men. So a platoon with 45 men just disappeared.

Surely this can't be right?

I had to scrap the whole operation as this was a major blow so quickly (it was the second turn first battle).

Platoon is disabled if it dont have a territory "to place" after battle. After 1-3 turns it will meet again.
Defend your squares in battle.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:47 PM »

This is an often sighted gripe.  But basicly you gave up the ground that platoon was on.  It does not matter if you loose 40 guys or no guys.  They no longer control the ground they started on.  In other words........they got up and left what they where defending and the enemy just walked into their former positions unmolested.  But guess what?  You can do the same thing to the ai.   Tongue  And routed does not mean lost.  They will sooner or later get back to your lines after taking a tour of the country side (and become active again).  Put it yet aanother simple way....infantry controls the ground (#1 job of infantry).......armor takes ground......and everything else just supports.

Other things that can happen.  You can have forces in a square at the end of a battle....BUT if the enemy has more force and controls the majority of the little flags your force will be forced to retreat (if theres a place for them to go) OR they get routed.  things the air chair general needs to consider.  But as with all things in APOS......it works both ways.  You can force a superior AI force to get routed or forced to retreat with a little planning. 

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 12:50:43 AM »

As long as he comes back. I took more territory then the AI but had to vacant one flag after pulling back as it was a minor flag and I needed them to fall back otherwise they'd be overrun plus they helped defend the major flag.

It was a great battle, I ambushed them really well and it was cat and mouse most of the time using hit and run wearing them out. Really good fun, just gutted to see them disappear when I had them all tucked up safe and sound on the major obj flag.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: