Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 11:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artillery support  (Read 8247 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »

Can someone walk me thru on how to call for Artillery support.I had no problems with the old way(placing the flag)But,now I can't figure out how to switch my fire from the pre-registered  areas and lay a new area for my arty shoot.I hit the arty button,choose HE than choose how many guns and duration than hit call for support and right click the new area I want designated for the arty to land, but it still falls in the pre-registered zone.What am I doing wrong.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:17:52 AM by dane49 » Logged
Icebox
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:32:06 AM »

Read this guide by redmarkus4 on the matrix forums.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3126955
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »

That doesn't help me.Not enough information.How do I set the new target  area?The old system worked fine I didn't see the reason to change it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:34:10 AM by dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:38:16 AM »

Can someone walk me thru on how to call for Artillery support.I had no problems with the old way(placing the flag)But,now I can't figure out how to switch my fire from the pre-registered  areas and lay a new area for my arty shoot.I hit the arty button,choose HE than choose how many guns and duration than hit call for support and right click the new area I want designated for the arty to land, but it still falls in the pre-registered zone.What am I doing wrong.

To change area - use right click directly on areas.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »

OK,watched MitaraL video on you tube and saw that he clicked on pre-registered red circle and flag popped up and He physically moved it to new location to change new fire zone.
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »

I guess this is why you don't change an important part of the UI functionality without also changing the documentation of said UI  Grin
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »

That doesn't help me.Not enough information.How do I set the new target  area?The old system worked fine I didn't see the reason to change it.

You need more info than this? Smiley

"The artillery fire commands have been radically changed.

3. To set a target zone:
- Right-click in the center of the relevant target zone ON THE MAP OR 3D BATTLEFIELD;
- Right-click or right drag on the 3D map or on the Map View, as before.
4. To request a support mission:
- Select HE, Smoke or Illumination, as available
- Select a target zone (Left-click on the desired target zone button)
- Select the number of rounds to be fire PER GUN (Left click on the desired button)
- Left-click on the Call Support button

The best place to configure and call support missions is normally on the main Map (F10)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »

I was able to figure out everything about the arty except how to move the initial pre-registerd zone 1(red circle) to adjust to new location.Once I saw how mitraITA did it in his video on You Tube ,I was able to put all the pieces together.Before the new engine I just adjusted with the flag icon and never thought about moving(Clicking on the initial red Pre-registered zone 1 circle to readjust)Once I adjusted to that idea as the way to switch arty zones the rest fell into place and problem is solved.Spent 1/2 an hour this morning completely destroying most of Rakitinoe with Arty fire Grin.The new visuals for the arty impact shots are outstanding.Now,if the devs can make the destruction of the buildings look more realistic that would be amazing.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:29:37 PM by dane49 » Logged
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:51 PM »

Yes, the artillery visuals are just about 100% authentic - not too Hollywood but still deadly looking.
GBS
Major

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

Is there a way to adjust fire during an artillery strike?
Killjoy12
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »

also - is there a way to cancel an incoming/in-progress one?

Is there a way to adjust fire during an artillery strike?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

The way I adjust or cancel an artillery shoot is,click back on artillery icon  so as the timer for next or existing shoot is no longer showing.After shoot is cancelled you can readjust by moving initial #1 red arty target zone to new area,or just cancell shoot.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »

Spotters automatically adjust artillery fire, especially when they have LOS to the target area.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »

True,if you can get your spotter into position to view (LOS)where you would like to adjust your existing fire mission  to lmpact,than there is no need to manually adjust.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »

You have to right-click on the artillery button during the shoot to cancel it, I believe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: