Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 02:30:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patches from the download pages  (Read 5272 times)
RichJ
Oberleutnant

« on: June 28, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »

I bought the game from Gamersgate last week, installed it (painful process) with the latest patches :

- The core update --> op_star_game_update_v580_eng_v2
  - The patch update -> k43t_apos_patch_may12_eng_v3
  - District update --> k43t_apos_upd_dist_taran_rakit_may12_eng

First thing I try was a quick battle. On every try I get a critical error 001 when I enter the tactical screen

This morning I checked the Graviteam page for APOS downloads and it shows

- patch update for feb12 - > k43t_apos_patch_07c(feb12_eng).exe

- district update        -> k43t_apos_update_district_tranovka_rakitnoe_dec11_eng.exe

-  core update           -> op_star_game_update_eng_v577.exe

So I wanted to try now with the 5.77 update.
I downloaded the patch and core update but the district update is not found on the server Huh???

Thank you for you help
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »

Rich,

There are more people having this same problem. They are working on it as we speak. For details check the thread about the 001 errror, p.5&6. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Prins.
RichJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »

Thank you prins_, I am aware of that. I read all the threads.
But in the meantime while they are working on a solution, I thought I might try the 577 patch.
I tried it without the district update and I was able to play for a longer time in the tactical phase.
But after 10 or 15 minutes I had a critical error 001.

If that does not work I will try the initial install without any patches.

Hope they get this solved soon. I would have quit a long time ago, but the game is very good, so I hang in there.
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »

Just to be sure, did you install both the februari update and the 577 core update? Both should still be available at graviteam site. The polygon update link does not work for me. Maybe a little superfluous, but did you check your version number in the top right of the start screen (577)? I used to have 001's all the time, but have not had them since installing both the earlier patch and core update.

PS: Would anybody know how one can force infantry to advance running instead of going in a leasurely pace? When I was playing the demo it seemed possible to make 'em move quicker. 'J' doesn't seem to work.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »

They start moving quick once engaged. I think they should move abit quicker than they do with quick move chosen, however I wouldn't want to see them running everywhere as stamina isn't modeled.

I think the way they advance at the moment is realistic that close to the batlefield area where they could hit the enemy at anytime. Slow steady advance to contact.

I just increase the time settings for abit and have it set to cancel time acceleration for all settings I dont want the game to pause on. That way the time increase will drop to normal when anything happens.
RichJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »

Ok prins_ good to know that you are error free.
The version displayed is 5.77 (1420) Update: Feb. 12

Are you using the "default" parameters ?
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »

@ Wodin.

Thanks for the info.

@ Rich.

Right now I am experimenting a bit. In special settings I switch off the setting which lets the game determine its own speed. Further, I also switch on the setting which enables system memory to be used for graphical purposes, since I only have an old Geforce 8600 GT (need new one!). In addition, it seems that both of us have the same patches, so I cannot see an obvious reason as to why you are experiencing 001's.

It might help that you make sure (you probably already have, the forums are clear enough) that you install the updates in the correct order (small file first, in the 'normal'simple double click way, bigger file through the game update application). Otherwise, it might be an incomplete uninstall? Other than that I wouldn't know what is causing 001 errors under 577, but then again, I am no expert on the subject matter.

Good luck with resolving the issue.

Regards,

Prins.
RichJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »

Thank you prins_ for the info.

I finally completed one quick battle, without errors.  Grin

I am the culprit, I had neglected to upgrade  DirectX. After I did, all went smooth without errors.

Thanks for you help
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »

Good luck playiog then, this weekend!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: