Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 02:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any chance of Steam in the future?  (Read 20992 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »

Why not try releasing Achtung Panzer series on GOG.com instead of even considering Steam?
They are not interested.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »

Why not try releasing Achtung Panzer series on GOG.com instead of even considering Steam?
They are not interested.

That sucks. I dint see why these websites have something against particular games or types of games. They will gladly accept a shitty low quality game from a big name rather then a quality game from a small dev team or publisher. Have you guys tried to get published by Paradox in the West? Paradox can be a great driving force but they rush games that are incomplete like Sword of the Stars II and that new Gettysburg game.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »

I think I got the original K43 from Paradox. 
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

They are not interested.

That's disappointing. What were they thinking?  Angry
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »

That sucks. I dint see why these websites have something against particular games or types of games. They will gladly accept a shitty low quality game from a big name rather then a quality game from a small dev team or publisher.
This is a common policy, and I understand them as a developer. Why would they risk it? Roll Eyes

Have you guys tried to get published by Paradox in the West? Paradox can be a great driving force but they rush games that are incomplete like Sword of the Stars II and that new Gettysburg game.
They are not interested too. They have their own series, which are sufficiently unwound and is likely to sell themselves due to of it.
Everyone wants to deal with a large company (in which the asset more than 5 games), which is to be the game does not matter. This reduces the risks for publisher.  And small companies either denied or offer such terms that is all cease to have any meaning.

That is, we are making game for their costs, and the publisher provides most of the profits to collect himself, and nothing in return, any advertising, promotion, or at least localized does not offer.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »

For your new WW2 Eastfront Tank Sim you could use "Kickstarter" like other small developers Wink
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »

For your new WW2 Eastfront Tank Sim you could use "Kickstarter" like other small developers Wink

I know you  are probably kidding but never use Kickstarter unless you are in desperate need of money and from the looks of it and what Andrey has said on here, they are doing fine where they are now. Plus, Europeans cant use the service and costs are lower from what I hear, in Eastern Europe, so they can make less money and still support themselves.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

No. kikstarter only for US residents. We do not have any.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

Remember lads publisher can ask for around 50% of the profit! Also unless they have exclusivity then they won put the baot out for the game at all compared to their in house or exclusive games.

Paradox had the first AP and never really promoted it.

They aren't the great and the good alot of people make out. There a business machine. Who have a game engine many buy into, all they have to do is make a new era for it. Though CK2 is a great game, I have no interest in their others. Realtime Grand Strat doesn't work in my opinion, a very odd game design idea.

I think Gamersgate is a good choice if Steam say no.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »

Steam is just crazy slow at updating small game companies games..........  After the 4 month wierd delay with DCS a10 patch I basicly said F them.  Lucky for me 64bit games are not properly supported by steam and had a real key becasue of it.  Went direct to eagle and DL the patch .....plopped my key, good to go.  BUT had it been 32bit like old black shark it would have been a LONG wait for some over worked fat git to get around to uploading the thing.  I liked imulse when it was run by stardock.......that was there I got K43 from.....which probably means paradox.   Undecided

In the end I am sure Graviteam is doing ok on sales.  There player base keeps expanding and are starting to get more notice in the West. 

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »

I never knew Steam couldn't do 64bit games.....interesting
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 06:45:53 AM »

someone from hungary does a 3rth party project for dcs and uses a similar service like kickstarter http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/150836 maybe it works also in the ukraine?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 11:44:32 AM »

someone from hungary does a 3rth party project for dcs and uses a similar service like kickstarter http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/150836 maybe it works also in the ukraine?

Well theres always the old fastioned way of producing good product and saving your pennys for next good product. Grin

Yabba dabba do
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:15 AM »

But i would like something like "For 1000$ you get a free Steel Fury 1944 copy and an original T34!"  8)
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »

Sure that SOUNDS cool, but I have never found a place for my Hetzer though. Sad
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »

Steam are starting up a new system where people can request games to go on Steam. If they get enough requests the game goes up.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »

Steam are starting up a new system where people can request games to go on Steam. If they get enough requests the game goes up.

And there support for patches would be?Huh?Huh?Huh??? Tongue

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »

In this vote, our game have no chance in comparison with the more casual games.

randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »

Dont worry, we still love you.  Cheesy
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »

Indeed we do!!  Grin
Nothing else takes up more of my time (except work) than this!
Thanks Andrey.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: