Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 05:20:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Odd shouting  (Read 8535 times)
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« on: July 01, 2012, 08:07:43 AM »

Andrey, PLEASE remove the shouting "Herr Commander" for the german soldiers ! PLEASE !

It should be replaced by "Herr Leutnant" or "Herr Feldwebel".

There is no "commander" within the german ranks and so it is disturbing the otherwise good atmosphere.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:22:16 AM »

+1.  Also, there is one very strange voice that sounds like a teenager.  Volksturm?   Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:25:01 AM »

Geeee and here i thought the average age of a soldier was 19.  Probably less in ww2.  Just saying.......   

Yabba dabba do
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:33 AM »

+1.  Also, there is one very strange voice that sounds like a teenager.  Volksturm?   Grin

Grin it´s great hehe
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »

Andrey, PLEASE remove the shouting "Herr Commander" for the german soldiers ! PLEASE !

It should be replaced by "Herr Leutnant" or "Herr Feldwebel".

There is no "commander" within the german ranks and so it is disturbing the otherwise good atmosphere.

We do not have a person who would speak German. And other German phrases either.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »

But where do the other voices came from ? Some are speaking with a german accent !

And a (less important) remark: I would be fine to hear the comment "Feind gesichtet", if there is actually an enemy in sight.
No use as a "filler".
Seydlitz
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »

While were at it. Iam German and to be honest the voices make me mad. What I cant stand is the silly shouting e.g. theres no enemy in sight and they scream "Wir werden alle sterben (were all gonna die) or Da kommen wir nicht mehr lebendig raus (we wont get alive out of this)"
Is there any way to turn the voices off?
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »

It is fine to hear some german voices, but I have some doubts, whether these comments are correct ones for frontline troops.
Seydlitz is probably right here and I was on my way to add this myself. But I wouldn`t remove them all. Maybe only the "silly" ones. Grin
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »

But where do the other voices came from ? Some are speaking with a german accent !

And a (less important) remark: I would be fine to hear the comment "Feind gesichtet", if there is actually an enemy in sight.
No use as a "filler".

I completely agree. 

A possible solution is for someone that actually understands the modding process to make a tutorial on how to create a sound mod, so that inappropriate phases like "Feind gesichtet" can be replaced by something more appropriate (like quiet talking) or by a blank sound.

Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »

It's the same with Russian soldiers. They shout that they see the enemy even if he's not there. Although I believe German pixeltruppen yell "Feindlische Panzer" only when they see enemy armour.
Perhaps someone from native German speakers of the fan base have access to a good mike and could record himself or his friends shouting some neutral and correct phrases? A mod like this would be nice.
And recording dialogues with friends is a real fun. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:15:36 PM by Lemonade » Logged
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »

Germans also report "Die Deutschen!"  Roll Eyes
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »

Obviously, there are more strange things to report. Germans shouting "Die Deutschen" is nonsense, right.
Maybe the situation for the russian side is similar, but I cannot evaluate that.
Andrey, any chance to do something in the area of voices ?
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »

Complaints about the voices are a positive sign that many other important things are working great Wink

I went into Options and turned the voice volume down to 20%.  Not a perfect solution, but it stops me getting annoyed at least.
hamrock
Major

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 07:31:15 PM »

Please oh please would someone sort out that poor Russian's cough. He will give their postion away at least. Grin
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

+1  Vicks?
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »

Germans also report "Die Deutschen!"  Roll Eyes

LOL yeah, that's a really good one ...  Grin "I see Germans!"

There is a mod called VAPOSM and the author said he was working on removing most of the "idle" sounds but not sure the status of the mod, not heard from him since April:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3489032/APOS_VAPOSM_sound_mod.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: