Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 10:18:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Krasnaya Polyana  (Read 4677 times)
SSPEIPER
Major

« on: July 01, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »

I have only just had a chance this weekend to start playing this campaign...

Im playing the German side.

I started it up for the first time and was attacked from the right hand side (where I have the blocking units that I cannot control)...

I did the battle setup and the units I cannot control seemed to position themselves in great defensive position in on the hill where the church is. All good so far...!!!

Anyhow, I ended up restarting the first battle and now the setup positions of the units I cannot control are all over the place and dont make any sense cosidering
where the attack is coming from...I.E. the East.

Is there any way to dictate how these troops position themselves during setup??? Its so frustrating to take time setting up and then go into the battle only for these
other troops to have setup their trenches and AT gun-pits way behind me.... Angry
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »

I think you have to turn the option to control allied units on because you only control one division or something like that.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »

Exactly.  Turn on Control Allied Troops option and remember that after every patch you need to turn it on again.

If your allied troops are orange on the Ops map when you start a campaign, then you have not adjusted the setting.
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

I have finished as Germans(Total victory). The difficulty is to deal with Soviet heavy tanks and your two stugs iii are so important that you have to be carefull with them. The rest mostly infantry and you can deal with them much easier
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »

I have finished as Germans(Total victory). The difficulty is to deal with Soviet heavy tanks and your two stugs iii are so important that you have to be carefull with them. The rest mostly infantry and you can deal with them much easier

What difficulty setting.. I use simulator and normal as I think that gives the most realistic game..or am I worn gin this?
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »

What difficulty setting.. I use simulator and normal as I think that gives the most realistic game..or am I worn gin this?

I also use Sim and Norm.  I am on Turn 9 as the Germans and no Stugs have arrived yet - I could really use them!  I just barely managed to hold off the KV platoon using my few AT guns and half track ATs (37mm! - what was Hitler thinking???) but I have a feeling they will break through on the next turn.

However, the briefing maps indicate that the designer fully expects the relief column to get pocketed after it delivers the trucks to the infantry division.  So, I appear to be doing better than expected, although my score shows me to be losing at this stage.
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 01:51:09 PM »

I played optimal and normal(does that make any difference in terms of equipment?) I added them into 7.5 cm SDKFZs platoon(they are not in this platoon but in the reserves and i added them at the beginning) and I used this platoon to hunt Soviet tanks. With the help of 75mm paks I hunted them by turn 6-7
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »

I think SIM is harder - closest to realistic.

You probably get a-historical reserves and force levels on Normal, even more on Easy.

Real men play on SIM Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: