Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 10:01:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Install patches for fuks sake  (Read 4879 times)
fmj
Oberleutnant

« on: July 02, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »

Great game but an absolute clusterfuck installing patches.

Already have DLC's and patches installed. Trying to install the latest update patch "may" (aka june ) and cannot get
it to install. Can someone please post, and possibly sticky Clear and Precise patch instructions?

Shocked
fmj
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

Think I have it worked out..didn't realize a patch 580 was required to install the may(june) patch. A patch to install a patch, brilliant.

I'm sure patching could be more complicated, but not by much. Wonderful, amazing, fun, new favorite game...but the patching
system completely blows ass. Thank you for patch updates but sheeeet, theres got to be a more user friendly patching method?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »

580 is the new engine the May(june) is the patch,you will also have to update(install DirectX from June 2010 redists)
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »

I like the way after installing the 580 patch the game wont start UNTIL you install the May patch.

Its a convoluted process no doubt.  But I do see the benefit of being able to disable or uninstall a mod, patch, or update.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:26 AM »

At least it is not trying to patch a DOS game........ Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:37 AM »

I sometimes play World of Tanks when I'm not playing this game(their tanks are so cool looking)But,one thing I really like about the game is it automatically updates without me having to do anything but log on. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:38:26 AM by dane49 » Logged
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:55:25 AM »

I sometimes play World of Tanks when I'm not playing this game(their tanks are so cool looking)But,one thing I really like about the game is it automatically updates without me having to do anything but log on. Smiley

I tried it once but it felt like an arcade shoot 'em up.  Did I miss something?  I only enjoy tactically realistic games.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 01:14:19 PM »

WoT is exactly that,an arcade game.I get a big kick out of reading some of their forums and how the kiddies over there talk about how real the hit tables are and the armor is modeled to react to certain gun and ammo hits and then  prattle on about how realistic the game is as a simulation of actual tank combat LOL.The whole game is really a joke but still I have fun with it,except for the time I was battling an enemy tank which had a very long gun so I moved my short barreled tank up next to it thinking that his barrel would extend over my tank and he won't be able to hit me but I could still shoot him,even though his barrel was extended well over my tank he still shot me.That was a WTF moment,so  it seems as long as you can see the tank you can shoot  the tank,total BS.Also the guns on the tanks can rotate thru houses trees and rocks with no problem.Not to mention all the artificial skills you can buy in the game.I love it when some of the opposing players tell me I suck because they blew my tank away and what great tank aces they are because they were able to buy a bunch of artificial skills that actually some how made their tanks invulnerable to my shots(I bounced a 120mm HE shot off of a tanks turret) or my gun would freeze at the exact moment the enemy fired because of some crew perk he bought that gives him an oppurtunity to shoot me 1st even though I saw him 1st.So in essence the game has nothing to do with real skill or tactics,but who can buy the most artificial skill 1st to give your tank an unrealistic advantage over your opponent.But,for some strange reason eventhough the game is a joke as a tank sim,I still play it,just not very often.I much prefer APOS over any other game as long as I can put at least 2  uninteruppted hours aside to really enjoy the immersiveness of gaming the Russian front.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »

That's what I thought.  I played exactly one battle.  The other guy (maybe it was you?) ran right up to me, rammed my tank in the side, and then started blasting.  That was it.  I exited and uninstalled.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: