Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 02:09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, and Operation Editor questions  (Read 16784 times)
jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »

Hi,

I've run into the next problem. I find that the strategic AI is quite unpredicatable and rather timid. On a map with 3 markers each with equal weight unless the AI units are placed next to the objectives they don't seem to navigate to them and attack. In the v580 op editor I've set all AI groups to 'attack' for all turns. If I abandon the scenario to reveal the AI units I find them scattered all over the map, tank platoons hiding in far corners and dug in.

Also I've tried using the scripting to give the AI groups specfic orders, something like:-

turn_01()
{
    order,attack,EN1,7,3;
    break;
}

The script compiles without any errors but the above doesn't seem to do much. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers.

Jon
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »

turn_01() it's not acceptable combination and totally ignored.

turn_02(), turn_03() - its ok ...

Page 42 in op editor manual

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »

Hi Andrey,

Many thanks I didn't see that... so for turn 1 do we use at_start()?

Great game by the way!

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 06:16:47 AM »

so for turn 1 do we use at_start()?

Yes, but. At first turn orders will be taken from AI editor's description.
Manual orders available only from turn_02...

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »

Ah okay.

It worked in any case and my units attacked in a group, many thanks.

One last question, what are the codes for summer uniforms for the div_pools.odc?

Also I saw the power of Stuka's for the first time  - would you be adding any AA units in the future to give us a slight chance against them?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:27:21 AM by jonny211 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »

One last question, what are the codes for summer uniforms for the div_pools.odc?
This code is a "summer"  for season Grin and empty string for camo.

Also I saw the power of Stuka's for the first time  - would you be adding any AA units in the future to give us a slight chance against them?
May be, but not soon.

jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:08 AM »

LOL should have guessed the season.

Hopefully will have a scenario up soon. Does it need to be packaged as the other updates are or could I just distribute the .camproj2 file?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:24:34 PM by jonny211 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 07:04:08 AM »

Hopefully will have a scenario up soon. Does it need to be packaged as the other updates are or could I just distribute the .camproj2 file?

Better to make it like mod/update, with description, author and versioning.

You need to create config with description, select unique mod folder may be jonny211_mods Smiley, and write it in the description field "path".
See modtools.pdf pages 3, 14-15

jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »

Hi Andrey,

You know this is going to lead to more questions  Wink

So I have a myscenario.campack2 file in my modwork folder.
I create a xyz.!flatlist file and mkflat that.
I create a desc.addpack.

In the desc.engcfg2 file the path is the path that the mod will be installed into?

I do that but the scenario isn't visible in the list after installing the addon.

If I mkflat Rakitnoe I get more files that the campack2 file, things like desc.loc_def.config and div_pool.loc_def.config

Is there a step to get from campack2 to the necessary files, or do I not bother with the campack2 and have to perform some sort of conversion on the other files in my scenario project such as 'myscenario_desc.campack'.

Cheers!

Jon
jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »

By looking at the ma_blau folder structure I managed to get a scenario addon built albeit with few rough edges.

Thanks all for your help everyone, it's been uploaded to:-

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5ojxkepFNzVTElnakVkQUhUV3M

Happy playing!

Jon
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:38:08 PM by jonny211 » Logged
jonny211
Oberleutnant

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 01:52:49 PM »

Hi,

Has anyone tried this addon... the only feedback I've had is that it didn't work for someone! Please download, follow the instructions to copy the map polygon file and let me know if it works or not.

[edit] here's a dropbox link instead:-

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97267806/jonny_211_mods.zip

Cheers.

Jon
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:04:04 PM by jonny211 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: