Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 10:45:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surrendering Soldiers...!!!  (Read 8247 times)
SSPEIPER
Major

« on: July 04, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »

Is there a way to rescue friendly troops that have just surrendered?

I just had a squad in a trench surrender although all the enemy were killed and I had alot of
nearby friendly troops...

Do I have to move the platoon commander close to the squad to rescue them?
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:37:52 PM »

I don't think you can - at least I have never seen it.  Just imagine that the Regimental Commander ordered that they all be shot.
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:47:19 PM »

Hmmm, kinda sucks when you have 7 guys in a squad walking around with their hands in the air - in your own defensive positions and no enemy nearby....and yet you cannot rescue them... Sad
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »

Yes, but it's an abstraction.  In real life the enemy would probably have shot most of them out of hand if combat was still ongoing, but since that's not in the game they just float around.
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »

In which case why have any units surrender if there is no quater given... Fight to the death I say. Grin

Rather that than have 7 fools walking around my trench-line with their arms in the air...
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »

As long as they have ammo and decent morale, most of my troops usually do fight to the last man.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

In which case why have any units surrender if there is no quater given... Fight to the death I say. Grin

Rather that than have 7 fools walking around my trench-line with their arms in the air...

I hear you Smiley

It looks pretty cool when you see them in the distance walking to the enemy's rear areas, but hanging around your own trenches isn't cool.  Let's ask for a change so that once all enemy units are eliminated, surrendered units return to their own side and then rout maybe?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

Or get hung as deserters Smiley
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 06:11:57 PM »

Or get hung as deserters Smiley

New 'flavor objects'!
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »

Is there a way to rescue friendly troops that have just surrendered?
(...)kinda sucks when you have 7 guys in a squad walking around with their hands in the air - in your own defensive positions and no enemy nearby....and yet you cannot rescue them... Sad

I've just had a situation when I reached my surrendered soldiers with a 250 halftrack and almost a whole platoon of soldiers (company command squad included), but the captives were not saved. It's weird, I agree.
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 12:57:26 AM »

Very strange I agree and should be changed.

You have a an opportunity to rescue your own men with no enemy even close and all they say is " Sorry, we put our weapons down and raised our arms, we cannot go back now"

A definite fix....

Combine that with the ridiculous ROUTED function also needs addressing!!!

You have to sometimes give ground and well as take ground in a tactical situation,  but because of where a unit was placed on the campaign map he will be routed
regardless of position/losses on the tactical map...

I just had an entire unit routed that I had in reserve and barely fired a shot....And I had them in the last 15mins come up to babysit the Krasnaya bridge......THEN I am told the entire company has ROUTED.......FIX THIS PLEASE..!!!
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »

Yeah, I think this aspect of gameplay needs a little bit of love from the Graviteam, so it doesn't lead to odd situations like the one from my post. The surrendered units were pretty much ~5 meters away from the armoured halftrack and less than 50 meters from the nearest squad. The opponent forces on the other hand were at ~200-300 meters from the captives. The action went like this:
1. BM barrage on my platoon (MG-42 team took heavy casualties and panicked. Retreated safely towards my main defence line)
2. Enemy cavalry squads advanced towards the small wood in which one of my squads was hiding in.
3. I ordered the 250 to reinforce the platoon.
4. When enemy neared, I issued an order to the whole platoon to open fire.
5. The forward squad took heavy casualties and surrendered.
6. I ordered the rest of the platoon to advance in order to help the captives (I recalled this thread and wanted to check whether I could help those Jerries or not).
7. Enemy attacking the forward squad (the one that took the prisoners) was wiped out. At least two squads were still advancing on my positions, although ~300 meters away.
8. 250 reached the captives (screenshot).
9. Platoon commander's and company commander's command radius reached the captives (I think so).
10. 2nd BM rocket barrage. I think there were no casualties.
11. Captives kept marching towards the enemy forces.

I thought that the appearance of armoured halftrack and the rest of the platoon would regain the captives' morale. Unfortunately it didn't.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: