Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 06:36:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubleshoot  (Read 9427 times)
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« on: July 17, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »

Hello everyone i recently installed SF:K1942 on my Asus G74. And in the settings the game its telling me that my graphic card does not meet the requirements of the game and it doesn't let me to change the graphics and also not the resolution of the screen. Any thoughts ?

My specs:
OS Windows 7 64bit
Graphics: NVidia GTX 560 3GB DDR5
RAM 16GB   

P.S i read from the other topics that as a Windows 7 user i shouldn't install the game on program files and i did that so the patches of the game would be install properly
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:02:20 AM »

Sometimes the game does not detect your graphic card.I have read of cases similar to yours. I have a Qosmio with a GTX560M 1.5gb ddr5 and the game does detect my card. Have you tried playing the game? What settings( resolution) are you getting?The minimum ones? You can set your resolution manually; just go into your game config folder(using notepad) and change the resolution into the i_render paragraph( look at mine below for ex) .Don't forget to save the changes before closing!

F:\NTA 1.4 Ultimate  Version 2 new\SP beta 1.5 v2\sf beta -ultimate no patch\data\k42\loc_rus\config

//îïèñàíèå è êîíôèãóðàöèÿ âèäåîàäàïòåðà
i_render:render()
{
   //àäàïòåð
   adapter   =   0;
   //ðàçðåøåíèå, ÷àñòîòà, ðåæèì
   bb_wid   =   1600;
   bb_hei   =   900;

bb_freq   =   60;
   bb_fmt   =   22;
   //ðåæèì áóôåðà ãëóáèíû
   depth_buffer   =   75;
   //îáðàáîòêà âåðøèí
   vertex_processing   =   1;
   //ãàììà (0.0 - inf  def 1.0)
   gamma   =   1.070000;
   //ÿðêîñòü (-1.0:1.0 def 0.0)
   bright   =   0.500000;
   //êîíòðàñò(0.0:1.0 def 1.0)
   contrast   =   0.920000;
   //àíòèàëèàñèíã (òèï, êà÷åñòâî)
   aa_type   =   0;
   aa_qual   =   0;
   //óðîâåíü àíèçîòðîïèè
   aniso   =   0.000000;
   //ïðîïîðöèè ýêðàíà (4/3, 16/9, 16/1, 5/4)
   aspect   =   0.000000;
   //îêîííûé ðåæèì
   windowed   =   0;

}// end of i_render:render
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:07:57 AM by frinik » Logged
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »

Sometimes the game does not detect your graphic card.I have read of cases similar to yours. I have a Qosmio with a GTX560M 1.5gb ddr5 and the game does detect my card. Have you tried playing the game? What settings( resolution) are you getting?The minimum ones? You can set your resolution manually; just go into your game config folder(using notepad) and change the resolution into the i_render paragraph( look at mine below for ex) .Don't forget to save the changes before closing!

F:\NTA 1.4 Ultimate  Version 2 new\SP beta 1.5 v2\sf beta -ultimate no patch\data\k42\loc_rus\config

//îïèñàíèå è êîíôèãóðàöèÿ âèäåîàäàïòåðà
i_render:render()
{
   //àäàïòåð
   adapter   =   0;
   //ðàçðåøåíèå, ÷àñòîòà, ðåæèì
   bb_wid   =   1600;
   bb_hei   =   900;

bb_freq   =   60;
   bb_fmt   =   22;
   //ðåæèì áóôåðà ãëóáèíû
   depth_buffer   =   75;
   //îáðàáîòêà âåðøèí
   vertex_processing   =   1;
   //ãàììà (0.0 - inf  def 1.0)
   gamma   =   1.070000;
   //ÿðêîñòü (-1.0:1.0 def 0.0)
   bright   =   0.500000;
   //êîíòðàñò(0.0:1.0 def 1.0)
   contrast   =   0.920000;
   //àíòèàëèàñèíã (òèï, êà÷åñòâî)
   aa_type   =   0;
   aa_qual   =   0;
   //óðîâåíü àíèçîòðîïèè
   aniso   =   0.000000;
   //ïðîïîðöèè ýêðàíà (4/3, 16/9, 16/1, 5/4)
   aspect   =   0.000000;
   //îêîííûé ðåæèì
   windowed   =   0;

}// end of i_render:render

Still Nothing. I have manually change the resolution and saved it. When i run the game and click on the settings the resolution was still 1024X768. When i change it again to 1024X1080 and set the image quality to the max and run the game still nothing the image was poor running at 60FPS with a resolution of 1024X768
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »

OK what is the native resolution of your laptop? 1980 X 1020? Try setting it to that value in the game video menu and save it.Then uncheck the Use Desktop Resolution box.Then exit the game and try setting the same res values in the render paragraph:1980 X 1020 if it´s what you want to use although I would recommend 1680 X 1050 which is what I use on  my desktop for SF ( I have an ATI HD5670 ddr5).

One other thing comes to mind, since you have an Nvidia open the Nvidia control panel and in the 3d configuration screen where you can set the various games to work with either the integrated graphics( intel HD 3000 or 4000) or the Nvidia GTX560 .Make sure the default gpu used by your pc nd the games is set to the Nvidia gpu as default . You can - using the programs configuration option - set each and every game to use the Nvidia gpu as default rather than the integrated graphics.This could be the reason why your game is crappy, it´s using  the integrated graphics as default.That would explain why the game cannot detect your Nvidia and why your res is set to such a low value.Do you have the Optimus dual graphics system?Huh?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:57:09 PM by frinik » Logged
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:42:38 PM »

OK what is the native resolution of your laptop? 1980 X 1020? Try setting it to that value in the game video menu and save it.Then uncheck the Use Desktop Resolution box.Then exit the game and try setting the same res values in the render paragraph:1980 X 1020 if it´s what you want to use although I would recommend 1680 X 1050 which is what I use on  my desktop for SF ( I have an ATI HD5670 ddr5).

One other thing comes to mind, since you have an Nvidia open the Nvidia control panel and in the 3d configuration screen where you can set the various games to work with either the integrated graphics( intel HD 3000 or 4000) or the Nvidia GTX560 .Make sure the default gpu used by your pc nd the games is set to the Nvidia gpu as default . You can - using the programs configuration option - set each and every game to use the Nvidia gpu as default rather than the integrated graphics.This could be the reason why your game is crappy, it´s using  the integrated graphics as default.That would explain why the game cannot detect your Nvidia and why your res is set to such a low value.Do you have the Optimus dual graphics system?Huh?
Finally you where right about un checking the Use Desktop Resolution box. After that i use Image quality set to user. Works just fine with good graphics running constantly at 60 FPS. Thanks frinik.
One more think about the patches for SF: i have install them as order
1.Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. SPM 1.5 ultimate update
4. SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch

Now i download the mod for the playable Stug III and Tiger I and there are underneath  SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch but in the game i cannot find them any thoughts ?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »

Happy that you were able to solve your graphic issue.

Rev the Tiger and Stug III mods, they are included in Beta 1.5 ever since it came out 2 years ago??? There's no need to download them separately.That was last the case with the Steel Panzer mod 1.4 that came out in 2009 and subsequently various separate mods including the Tiger I and Stug III were added. Steel Panzer mod Beta 1.5 included all the various mods.You should find them in your game's main menu just above the Ultimate missions.... There are 4 missions each for the Tiger I and Stug III G.
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »

Rev the Tiger and Stug III mods, they are included in Beta 1.5 ever since it came out 2 years ago??? There's no need to download them separately.That was last the case with the Steel Panzer mod 1.4 that came out in 2009 and subsequently various separate mods including the Tiger I and Stug III were added. Steel Panzer mod Beta 1.5 included all the various mods.You should find them in your game's main menu just above the Ultimate missions.... There are 4 missions each for the Tiger I and Stug III G.
[/quote]OK i after search around i kind figure it out how to install the mods
Unofficiall_patch_SF_c0.1.eng
Steel_Panzer_mod_v1.5_beta
SPM1.5_ultimate_update
SPM1.5_Ultimate_update_patch
Shaomin
Hetzer_01
But lets say i run the mission with the playable Hetzer i get this bug

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

What's this Hetzer_01?Huh? Mod or mission??? If it's a mission that predates the release of the Ultimate lmod then the textures or something else is not compatible with the Hetzer in the Ultimate.Then I would suggest enabling that mission before enabling the Ultimate and Ultimate patch.If it's a mod then you don't need it as the Hetzer is already incorporated in both Beta 1.5 and the Ultimate.

As well the unofficial patch is now incorporated in subsequent releases of Beta 1.5 and you don't need it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:18:14 PM by frinik » Logged
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »

As well the unofficial patch is now incorporated in subsequent releases of Beta 1.5 and you don't need it.

Hi Frinik,

Are you sure ??

Mistwalker states in the SPM 1.5 thread:

Installation order:

2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. SPM 1.5 ultimate update
4. SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch
5. Some sound mod or autumn mod if you like

No need for anything else, except for missions. In this case installation order should be:

2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. <mission of your choise like Rends' Barbarossa>
4. SPM 1.5 ultimate update
5. SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch
6. Some sound mod or autumn mod

Therefore I think that the Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG) must be installed first...

Txema
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »

The unofficial patch fixed a couple of bugs like the lack of a reticle in the Panzer IV ausf F2 and the repair track thing.I don't have it enabled since Beta 1.5 came out as I read that it was incorporated in the English language release.I don't have any issue not having it....

If someone uses the Russian(original) version) of SF he doesn't need it as the bugs only appeared in the English language release.
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 11:06:05 AM »

The unofficial patch fixed a couple of bugs like the lack of a reticle in the Panzer IV ausf F2 and the repair track thing.I don't have it enabled since Beta 1.5 came out as I read that it was incorporated in the English language release.I don't have any issue not having it....

If someone uses the Russian(original) version) of SF he doesn't need it as the bugs only appeared in the English language release.
I took some time and went to the simhq forums and read some post..so i delete all the mods and re install them. But i just don't get it with the ultimate update. Now my order is
Steel Panzer
SPM1.5 ultimate update
SPM1.5 ultimate update patch
so my question is are those mission to be found as user missions or as you progress in the campaign do you eventually find them. Cos in the user made i couldn't find anything. And also before i delete the mods i had underneath Steel Panzer Mod Kyth's Missions with the Panzer III and Panzer 38t which i could't run cos the game was crushing with a bug telling me the texture could not be load   
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:48:14 AM »

The unofficial patch fixed a couple of bugs like the lack of a reticle in the Panzer IV ausf F2 and the repair track thing. I don't have it enabled since Beta 1.5 came out as I read that it was incorporated in the English language release.I don't have any issue not having it....

Hi again,

I have checked the mods:

Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta
SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG)
SPM1.5_ultimate_update_patch_(v.June 9th ENG)

And they do not include a lot of the files present in the "Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng". The unofficial patch inlcudes around 30 files in the folder bin/rel and none of them are included in the SPM 1.5 mods. Therefore I do think that it is still necessary to install the unofficial patch as Mistwalker explains in the SPM 1.5 thread. If you don't do it you will miss a lot of the files of the unofficial patch, that's for sure...

Txema
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:04 PM »

BaalCY117  where did you put/add the line required to play Kyth's missions? If you added the line for each mission into your :

D:\sf beta 1.1.1\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp\camp_user folder (open it with notepad)then you should have a line like this one for example:

New_KY_07, New_KY_07, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;

Of course the mission should be enabled through the JSGME.

Then it shouldappear in the made missions menu of your game.
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »

Nothing. I did put the data line in User_camp. And still gives me the bug. Unable to load Texture.   
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »

Do one thing; disenable both the Ultimate mod and Ultimate patch.Just leave Beta 1.5 enmabled.Disenable Kyth's missions .Re-enter the line required in the camp_user folder.Re-enable Kyth's mission in the JSGME and see if it appears in your user made mission menu and try playing it.This is to test whether the problem comes form the Beta 1.5 mod install or from the Ultimate/mod and patch.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 01:01:50 AM »

Nothing. I did put the data line in User_camp. And still gives me the bug. Unable to load Texture.  
Do one thing; disenable both the Ultimate mod and Ultimate patch.Just leave Beta 1.5 enmabled.Disenable Kyth's missions .Re-enter the line required in the camp_user folder.Re-enable Kyth's mission in the JSGME and see if it appears in your user made mission menu and try playing it.This is to test whether the problem comes form the Beta 1.5 mod install or from the Ultimate/mod and patch.

I would agree, you need to start all over again.
Sounds like you're having a problem with the Panzer 38(t) missions? The 'texture' is the little Intro map at the mission selection screen. Disable, then re-enable the missions in JSGME.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »

Hmmm uninstall everything. start over fresh Tongue. After lunch of course 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: