Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 08:36:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX670 Problem  (Read 8707 times)
nuNce
Oberleutnant

« on: December 04, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »

Hello,
I have a problem with SF and my GPU. It's being recognized as a card with unsufficient memory, thus the game doesn't allow me to set custom graphical settings and resolution. Also in the training I can't see the upper part of the messages (seems like the whole image is cut). I play in 1920*1080. Could you help me?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:53:32 AM »

HI! THis seems to be a recurring problem which affetc only those with Nvidia gpus.You are least the 12th who comes to this forum with the same problem.  The game just doesn't recognise your gpu.

One thing to do is if you have dual graphics(Optimus) is to ensure that your game is defaulted to your Nvidia gpu.

In game uncheck the Use Desk Resolution box in the in game video menu settings. Set your resolution using the various options offered and save( in game).

Open your game main folder: data/k_42/loc_rus/config/config. Open the config file with notepad and go to the Render paragraph( see mine below):

//îïèñàíèå è êîíôèãóðàöèÿ âèäåîàäàïòåðà
i_render:render()
{
   //àäàïòåð
   adapter   =   0;
   //ðàçðåøåíèå, ÷àñòîòà, ðåæèì
   bb_wid   =   1600;
   bb_hei   =   900;
   bb_freq   =   60;
   bb_fmt   =   22;
   //ðåæèì áóôåðà ãëóáèíû
   depth_buffer   =   75;
   //îáðàáîòêà âåðøèí
   vertex_processing   =   1;
   //ãàììà (0.0 - inf  def 1.0)
   gamma   =   1.070000;
   //ÿðêîñòü (-1.0:1.0 def 0.0)
   bright   =   0.500000;
   //êîíòðàñò(0.0:1.0 def 1.0)
   contrast   =   0.920000;
   //àíòèàëèàñèíã (òèï, êà÷åñòâî)
   aa_type   =   0;
   aa_qual   =   0;
   //óðîâåíü àíèçîòðîïèè
   aniso   =   0.000000;
   //ïðîïîðöèè ýêðàíà (4/3, 16/9, 16/1, 5/4)
   aspect   =   0.000000;
   //îêîííûé ðåæèì
   windowed   =   1;

}// end of i_render:render

JUst enter your own desired resolution( mine as you can see is 1600 X 900 my laptop) 1680 X 1050 or 1980 etc. Add the bb frequency value which is the refresh value of your screen  and save.Don't worry about what the game says about insufficinet video memory it will play fine and at the resolution you have chosen.However I am warning you the game is great , excellent but not optimised for multi core engines and runs betters with ATI Radeon gpus.I have an Nvidia GTX 560M and I have the same issue.On the other hand I have a desktop with the HD5670 and 2 laptops with ATI Radeon gpus and no issues nor messages from the game.Thus I assume it's related to the way Nvidia uses shaders. Good luck!

PS for the rest in game anisotropic filtering , gamma, brightness etc just set it how you like it and save.

RE your issue of not seeing all the text try using a lower res like the use I use on my desktop i.e. 1680 X 1050.The game still looks great and you'll be able to read all the text.

Don't be afraid to play with the 3d settings in the Nvidia control pannel until the find the right combo giving you high fps and great visuals.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:56:32 AM by frinik » Logged
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »

Hi,

I upgraded from a GTX260 to a GTX550ti and I had exactly the same problem it reckoned that I had insufficient video RAM when I have 2GB of it! Smiley. I also play at 1920x1080 (my desktop res.) and have set the "Use Desktop Resolution" to on. The thing that solved it for me was with a driver update. It got rid of the game not recognising my GPU problem. I don't have any NVidia profile for the game, it just runs with standard (default control panel) desktop settings and I could post these if it helps.

Hope this helps

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 11:19:09 AM »

Yes it's true that sometimes ad rivers update can solve the trcik but not always.I have Googled the problem and I have read many, many posts where poeple had the same problem , always with Nvidia gpus, in different games, Skyrim etc... Mnay times people suggested upgrading the drivers and in many instances this did not solve the problem. Thus he can try but no guarantee it will work!
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »

Definatley seems like a hit or miss problem. I just upgraded from an ATI HD 5770 to a PNY Geforce GTX 650 2mb and have no problems with the game not recognizing the card. Updated the drivers from the ones that shipped with the card but SFK42 worked okay with those drivers too.
Cheers
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »

Agreed mate, I'm not sure if it was purely the act of installing the drivers or re-setting something in them eg. the profile settings but I tried just about everything else to no effect.

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

Every possilbe solution is worth trying.One thing is sure; it seems to be exclusively an Nvidia issue.I haven't come across a single post complaining about this problem involving an ATI Radeon card...
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »

Absolutely!, I still can't run the game in anything other than desktop resolution, whatever I set that too without error and CTD. But when I want to film work I temporary change my desktop to a lower res. before loading the game and change it back after quitting the game, bizare.

Regards

Aces

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 04:35:37 PM »

One quesiton Aces , nUnce are you using SLI or just single cards?Huh?
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »

A single card mate

Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »

I might have stumbled on to something if my memory isn't total crap  Cheesy Correct me please guys if I'm wrong but didn't SFK42 have a problem with OC'ed video cards? If it did this could be the problem with nuNce GTX 670 as the card has what sounds like a form of OCing called nVidia GPU Boost. I have played SFK42 over the years with three different (now 4) nVidia cards and one ATI card and never had a problem with SFK42 not recognizing my card as having insufficient memory. The only main thread through all my nVidia cards and the ATI card was none were ever OC'ed at the factory or by myself. Could just be a red herring though.
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 02:06:50 AM »

Panzerfaust you could be right but my own experience with Overcloking my HD 5670 was that the game still recognised my card but it became unstable and would crash frequently. It could be Physics X that comes with all Nvidia cards or the way Nvidia shaders work in the new cards after all SF is 4 years old. Every solution is worth trying .
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 03:14:14 AM »

Well my theory is wack  Cheesy Went into SF and sure enough I am getting the same message (don't know how I missed it before  Huh? ). But SFK42 is working fine at 1920x1080 regardless and thats even with the nVidia control panel settings ramped way up (AAx16, 8x Supersample etc). I wonder if nuNce is making this old SFK42 mistake frinik, do you remember some were having trouble getting their custom setting to stick in the Video Settings GUI? Remember it was discovered that when you moved the Set Image Quality slider to max in the Main Settings GUI and Applied then went into the Video Settings GUI and made changes there and Applied your Set Image Quality slider settings in the Main Settings GUI would change and visa versa? So basically people were chasing their tails so to speak  Cheesy I wonder if this is what he is doing and thinks he cannot make changes in the Video Settings GUI because of the Set Image Quality slider in the Main Settings GUI? It's a stretch though because the only way you know the slider is there is if you mouse close to it, the messasge about the not enough video memory just about covers the whole slider bar almost  Huh? .
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »

What's interesting about the game not detecting your gpu is that despite taht your pc/laptop does use the gpu  to play it and you can have good performance and fps.But you need to manually set the desired resolution as suggested in my post in the Config folder otherwise the game defaults it to the lowest possible res.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: