Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 01:00:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An error occurred while trying to copy a file: The source file is corrupt.  (Read 49208 times)
Rush
Hauptmann

« on: September 27, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »

Hi Everybody.

Ive just purchased APOS from Gamersgate and download.
I already have Kharkov 1943 since release and wanted to get into APOS for some time ....the time is now.

When I run setup ( I have tried on 2 systems Win XP and Vista ) I get the message near the end of setup.......

D:\Achtung Panzer Operation star\docs\support\redist\directx_feb2010_redist\mar2009_d3dx10_41_x64.cab

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:
The source file is corrupt.

I have also tried installing on C:\ but get the same error message.......

Is this a known problem, Im not sure what to do about it. kinda sick I cant run APOS Huh? Cry

Cheers

Rush

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »

A suggestion:Try disabling any PC protection programs you may have running before downloading and installing the game.Somtimes the protection program will quarantine certain files from the game leading to the corrupt file message.

Also,directx_feb2010_redist should be updated to June version.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:28:50 PM by dane49 » Logged
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »

Thanks for the reply dane49.

The problem was in the download from Gamesgate, I downloaded again ( took about 2 hours ) and everything worked fine.

Now I need to install all the updates. any special order like in SF?

Cheers.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »

Patches

op_star_game_update_v580_eng_v2
k43t_apos_patch_may12_eng_v3
k43t_apos_upd_dist_taran_rakit_may12_eng (optional)

Order is important for updates and patches.DLCs need not be in any particular order after the patching process is completed though.

Above is the order that I patched my game with top line being 1st thing updated.

Some people have stated that they had to update with the May patch 1st before they could get the 5.80 engine updated and running though.

So there seems to be two methods.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:39:31 PM by dane49 » Logged
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »

Patches

op_star_game_update_v580_eng_v2
k43t_apos_patch_may12_eng_v3
k43t_apos_upd_dist_taran_rakit_may12_eng (optional)

Order is important for updates and patches.DLCs need not be in any particular order after the patching process is completed though.

Above is the order that I patched my game with top line being 1st thing updated.

Some people have stated that they had to update with the May patch 1st before they could get the 5.80 engine updated and running though.

So there seems to be two methods.

Thanks, done that and up and running.....now lets see how it compares to AP Kharkov 43.

Cheers

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

I think you'll be surprised and pleased with the differences.
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

The interface and general polishing up have made this a much more manageable product MUCH BETTER....Well done Graviteam. Grin Grin Grin

I want day battles, I keep having night battles and I turned the allow night battles settings off.

Cheers

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »

I want day battles, I keep having night battles and I turned the allow night battles settings off.

If you are playing the campaigns I don't think this is an option for the settings,I've never found that setting to work at all actually even for quick battles.

Good news though,hang in there most of the campaigns start at night or early morning and eventually(with the turns being in 4 hour increments)You will be approaching daylight.

These campaigns were fought in the winter and there are more hours of darkness than sunlight during this time of year,but expect to see a balance of half daylight turns and half sunlight turns during each day of the campaign.In this game it pretty much balances out to each day having 3 mostly daylight turns and 3 mostly night turns(6 turns x 4 hour increments =24 hours).

During the dusk and evening times you will get a combination of both darkness and sunlight during that turn.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: