Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 01:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone, new missions!  (Read 83846 times)
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »

Yes, PLEASE DO develop campaigns for the less-than-ueber tank variants.

You can learn a lot more about tactics and survival in an early-war tank than you can with one of those impervious Tigers and Panthers that the gotta-wins have to have.

Roll Eyes

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 05:26:01 AM »

Hi Frinik,

No worries, I will definitely find a way to slot the Panzer IVF2 in the current campaign!

"We listen to our customers"  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »

Stig;I take exception to your Gotta-win comment about those of us who happen to like the Panther for example.I am not a gotta-win but I happen to like the Panther ausf D or G.It's my favourite tank with all the right qualities, solid armour, powerful gun , well balanced offensive and defensive qualities and mobility as well. In the name of survival and learning tactics am I supposed to be a masochist and play in a Panzer IIC and flog myself on the back as well? Well, no! I  don't have a fixation on the überpanzers I would actually trade a Tiger I or II for a Panther any day and a JS2 or T34/85 for a Panzer IV G or H or a Jagdpanzer IV L48 or L70 for that matter.Let's avoid generalisations and stereotyping shall we?Just because you love playing early war tanks does not mean I am entitled to call you a piss-pot lover. Well I ' d rather fight with a Panther than a Panzer III, with an MG42 rather than a bow and arrow and yes I'd rather race with a Porsche 911 Carrera than a Toyota...

Funny cause I had the same argument with a guy on the subsim forum, a condescending smurf full of himself who came to lecture us poor dumb simmers on the peril of liking and wanting to play überpanzers and the joy of driving a Mathilda or a T60 for the sake of " educating sim players"Roll Eyes.This is how he put it......Shiiiit!

I educated him on the virtues of democracy, freedom of choice and humility( I doubt he understood the last part..)

Sorry Stig don't mean to castigate you or even put you in the same category just making a point. Smiley

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:02:30 PM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »

I educated him on the virtues of democracy, freedom of choice and humility( I doubt he understood the last part..)
let's have a beer Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »

Sorry Stig don't mean to castigate you or even put you in the same category just making a point. Smiley

I don't take exception to a bit of discussion at all, frinik... cheers.

I guess, said another way, is I feel that sim fans of all types, tend to go for the "most effective" examples rather than the "most representative" examples. And, it's no coincidence that the more effective examples of any kind of weaponry, be they aircraft, tanks, whatever... are the late war "ueber" models. Often, these were available in limited quantity, or were faced with overwhelming numbers or other conditions (low fuel, limited weapon loadouts, etc.) that rendered even their ueberness useless. Of course, the sim fans don't link those factors together, so they get to go rampaging about in "tank duels" and "even odds" matchups with other players with their super-whatever, laying waste to all in their path.  Roll Eyes

Not necessarily saying you must be in that category if you like Panthers... I suppose only YOU know that for yourself, deep down. But, this happens a LOT in simland, and I'm the type of guy who likes to get a good history lesson with my sim: so I tend to look for the "average matchup" given a specific time period or battle zone. And I'd tend to have a lot more respect for a guy who can kick @ss in a Panzer IV short barrel during the Stalingrad era than a guy recreating Wittmann's famous stand for the umpteenth time.

But, that's just one guy's opinion! Cheers!

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2011, 05:08:40 AM »

Yep I'll drink to that  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

Count me in as long as the beer is served out of keg carried by a Panther ausf.G ...Hip!

BTW  why is the Panther considered a super tank????It's got a 75 mm gun, smaller in calibre than the Sherman's , T34/76  and T34/85 m guns( none of these was ever called a super tank)Huh??It's much less armoured than either Tiger tank models or even than the JS2 and certainly no more than the KV1 or KV2.It carries less shells than the Tiger I ausf. H and less powerful optics than the Panzer VI ausf. B.So???So my argument is in what is it exactly a super tank????The kill ratio for Panthers ( i.e all Panthers lost including those destroyed by their own crews or damaged and recovered by the enemy) is just 2.2 for every Panther lost compared to 6.1 to 1 for the Tiger I and 10.6 for the Tiger II.True enough once you discard the Panthers lost to self destruction and only includes those actually lost in combat the ratio goes up to 3.4 to 1.Still it may reflect as much the qualities of its crews as the qualities of the tank itself.

As for the history lesson, you can learn as much driving and fighting in a Panther, at a time when Germany was on the retreat , as you can fighhting in a Panzer IV F1.Because the Panzer IV F1 crews at least had in their days the luxury of Luftwaffe support or air supremacy, a well supplied army, no fear of constant air strikes.
Panthere crews had to fight and survive with the odds staked heavily against them. They had to learn new tactics.
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »

Nice defense, frinik! Cheers!

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »

Just a series of good examples; the Tigers organised in Schwere Panzer Abteilungen ( Heavy Armour Sections or Platoons) and used as fire brigades to hunt and destroy Soviet armour that would penetrate German defensive lines especially after Stalingrad, or the camo used by German tanks in 1944-45 in order to make their tanks blend better in the landscape, avoiding detection by allied aircrafts and use concealent to ambush superior numbers of enemy armour. The heavy or super tanks if you prefer were simply alogical development of a German army on the defensive and increasingly facing superior numbers of armour and infantry on all fronts.By creating heavily armoured tanks with powerful guns and using superior German optics to strike at the masses of enemy armour from long distances which would keep them be immune and out of range of normal tanks guns they hoped to negate numerical superiority and the impossibility for Germany to match Allies and Soviets in tank output.It worked for while until the Allies gained air supremacy which made heavy armour vulnerable to air strikes and denied the Germans battlefield superiority.But in the East where the Soviet never had air supremacy not even in 1945 it worked well as the staggering losses the Soviets suffered( an average of 2000 tanks and SPGs lost every month in 1943, 1994 , 1945) attest( combined with poor tactics by Soviet generals and commanders, disregard for losses and inferior optics and training for their crews).

The T34/85, Panther and Tigers were the forerunners of what are now the Main Battle Tank s(MBTs) like the Leopard A6, Abrams A1A2, Challenger, Leclerc, T90 etc with extra mobility, firepower and armour of course due to technological progress.Check videos of the Leopard A6 on youtube and it's got everything the Panther had in it's days, solid armour, speed and a powerful gun and outstanding optics.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »

Hello!

Here's another one to enjoy!

Kyth Mission 7

The enemy's retreat route rapidly becomes a 'Mud-way of Death'!  Make sure it's not actually your own...

Interested? Please download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/rUwy9d93/KythMission07.html

And, add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_07, txt_mc_mymission_7, 1, 0, Back_KY07.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;

Good luck!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »

Thanks Kyth! By the way how are the used Panzer IIIs moving out of your showroom these days? Grin

Cheers and tanks again for giving us our fix!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2011, 05:28:03 AM »

Business is steady, Frinik Wink

And this is no fix, it is nutritious goodness fortified with vitamins  Grin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:33:21 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2011, 08:06:52 AM »

Sounds like an add for breakfast cereals. Should I call your missions Special K(yth)Huh?? Wink
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2011, 10:25:22 AM »

Sounds like an add for breakfast cereals. Should I call your missions Special K(yth)Huh?? Wink

Grin

With Extra Heavy Metal Content, to Start Your Day with a Bang!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2011, 02:17:56 AM »

I like your adds Kyth you ought to work in advertisement! Grin

A slug of special Kyth in the morning gives your Panzer III the energy of a Tiger tank!
 Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2011, 06:36:22 AM »

And it tastes Grrreat!!

(okay I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here)  Roll Eyes

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2011, 07:51:16 AM »

Ha ha! Tiger Tony the sugar crisps....

Special Kyth is what you need early in the morning in order to take on those pesky T34s and KV1s.

A man's breakfast for a Man's job!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »

Kyth I have a problme with your mission 7.I can't make it work! In the user missions menu instead of your standard off-the-wall mission  ;)title t I get the text_mission 07 one and the mission crashes with the 001 screen.I checked and I have the line required in the user_camp folder and nothing is missing I compared it with your other mission lines and it' s complete.The mission folder is unpacked into the MODs folder and the mission is properly enabled into the JSMGE. I tried installing it into another game installation and still the same problem. I downloaded again your file thinking my download was possibly faulty,  re-installed everything and still the same problem? It seems that something is missing but no idea what  Has anybody else reported the same problem? I am baffled!

Hi,

Not sure what went wrong, my first guess is the user_camp file.

The missions are supposed to be listed as follows:

New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;
   New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;
   New_KY_03, txt_mc_mymission_3, 1, 0, Back_KY03.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_03.level;
   New_KY_04, txt_mc_mymission_4, 1, 0, Back_KY04.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_04.level;
   New_KY_05, txt_mc_mymission_5, 1, 0, Back_KY05.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_05.level;
   New_KY_06, txt_mc_mymission_6, 1, 0, Back_KY06.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_06.level;
   New_KY_07, txt_mc_mymission_7, 1, 0, Back_KY07.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;

If it helps, you could copy and paste the above into the user_camp.engcfg file,

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:20:07 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »

Could be I "ll try and check.I"ll also check to see if an armor tga file is not missing...

Thanks Kyth! Wink
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

Hi Frinik,

Hope things work out!

As a last resort, you might want to try a fresh installation, then activating the mods all over again.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:20:37 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: