Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 01:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 Textures problem and resolution problems  (Read 20675 times)
Ezio1911
Oberleutnant

« on: December 08, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »

Ok i got Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 yesterday and i played tutorial numbers in mark.II were really weard coudn't read em when i put every thing on high resolution settings Select 'no video setting restrictions',Uncheck 'desktop resolution'. my default resolution is 1366x768 and when i put that resolution i can't read letters on tutorial cuz i don't see em and textures i already told you i tryed with notepad++ to edit the config file but its not helping btw i have 2 gb DDR5 graphic card
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »

Try a lower res like 1280 X 768....
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:05 AM »

Ok i got Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 yesterday and i played tutorial numbers in mark.II were really weard coudn't read em when i put every thing on high resolution settings Select 'no video setting restrictions',Uncheck 'desktop resolution'. my default resolution is 1366x768 and when i put that resolution i can't read letters on tutorial cuz i don't see em and textures i already told you i tryed with notepad++ to edit the config file but its not helping btw i have 2 gb DDR5 graphic card

I'd also suggest the usual remedies:

- Update DirectX 9 with the full version
- Update your video drivers to the latest
- Disable AA
- Play around with the desktop resolution settings

In addition to editing bb_hei and bb_wid in config.engcfg, make sure 'bb_freq' also matches your refresh rate.

One more thing, there's a setting for 'aspect' which you could edit:

//пропорции экрана (4/3, 16/9, 16/1, 5/4)
   aspect   =   0.000000;

The aspect ratio for 16/9 (widescreen) is 1.777777.

Good luck,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Ezio1911
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »

I'd also suggest the usual remedies:

- Update DirectX 9 with the full version
- Update your video drivers to the latest
- Disable AA
- Play around with the desktop resolution settings

In addition to editing bb_hei and bb_wid in config.engcfg, make sure 'bb_freq' also matches your refresh rate.

One more thing, there's a setting for 'aspect' which you could edit:

//пропорции экрана (4/3, 16/9, 16/1, 5/4)
   aspect   =   0.000000;

The aspect ratio for 16/9 (widescreen) is 1.777777.

Good luck,

Ok il try that first il download game cuz i formatted my disc il answer it in few hours
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 06:14:00 AM »

When you talk about your default resolution being 1366 X 768 are you talking abour your computer screen's native resolution or about the one you use for the game as set from the game video options menu?
Ezio1911
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 03:24:26 PM »

When you talk about your default resolution being 1366 X 768 are you talking abour your computer screen's native resolution or about the one you use for the game as set from the game video options menu?

That one "The game as set for the game video options menu"
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 03:46:59 PM »

What's your computer screen native res? What gpu do you have?
Ezio1911
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »

What's your computer screen native res? What gpu do you have?

1366x768 is my native resolution and i use it in games too

GPU GTX 660 2 GB DDR5
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:14:46 PM by Ezio1911 » Logged
Scruffy
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »

Hi all,

A friend recommended this simulator and it looks very nice and realistic,
but unfortunately i'm having the same resolution/scaling problems too.
I'm using a 23" monitor with 16:9 aspect ratio and 1920x1080 native res.
In addition the game menu appears to have sections overlapping
with each other thus obscuring some of the options.

As Kyth suggested i tried changing aspect   =   0.000000; to aspect   =   1.777777; with notepad++ but i don't know how to do the other solution.

editing bb_hei and bb_wid in config.engcfg, make sure 'bb_freq' also matches your refresh rate.

I tried changing resolution which fixes the problem but looks really bad. I also tried changing my monitors aspect ratio to 4:3 and 14:9

I think my system is updated as i play other sims like IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and several modules from DCS World
This is one of the few still active forums i found about this game. Most of the other are 2+ years old.

Any ideas?

My specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x 6 1055T

GPU: Radeon HD 5670

MOBO: MSI 870A-G54 (MS-7599)

RAM: DDR 3 8GB

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 03:40:59 AM »

U've to make many experiments to get satisfied result. Game is obsolete and was designed for the win XP SP2.
Check out this setting:
   adapter   =   0;
   bb_wid   =   1280;
   bb_hei   =   1024;
   bb_freq   =   60;
   bb_fmt   =   22;
   depth_buffer   =   75;
   vertex_processing   =   1;
   gamma   =   1.000000;
   bright   =   0.500000;
   contrast   =   1.000000;
   aa_type   =   0;
   aa_qual   =   0;
   aniso   =   1.000000;
   aspect   =   1.777777;
   windowed   =   1;
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:42:48 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 06:14:24 AM »

I play the game opn various laptops/desktops and there's no magic solution,.At least you don't have the problem many experience with Nvidia gpus i.e the game does not detect the gpu and defaults the settings to the lowest.

I also play at 1980 X 1020 with an ATI HD 7750 and I have the same problems as you have.However this is minor and should not deter you from playing.There's no fix as far as I know.You have to accept the fact that some bits of texts/subtitles may be out of screen.I have been playing SF for close to 5 years now....

I would suggest against using lower settings it's just going to make the quality of the graphics worse without solving any of the issues mentiuoned.
Scruffy
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 03:44:26 PM »

Thank you gentlemen.

I tried your suggestions plus some tweaking on my own, trough the gpu's Catalyst software. No joy.
Well as frinik said, i guess i'll have to live with it. As far as gameplay goes i'm Beginning to get the hang of it.
It's a very nicely made simulator, to be spoiled by such a minor annoyance.

I've played IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 for about 3 years now. It's a very old sim too, with an even older graphics engine. Older than SFK1942, but the difference is
that even to this day, it gets patched, moded, updated and revamped, mainly due to it's support from the online community and it's multilayer capabilities.
It's a pity SFK1942 got left on the side for some reason. There are only a handful of things to be fixed/changed in this sim to achive perfection. With a little more work from the developers and some 3rd party groups, it could be an awesome game.

Of course that doesn't mean i'll give it up.  Wink
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 06:31:57 AM »

Well SF was never made for MP only SP.As for support , Graviteam - the small company that made it - was screwed by it's Russian distributor, Discus, which never paid them entirely what they were due and promptly withdrew support and interest in the game.As for their Western distributor, Lighthouse Interactive a Dutch-Canadian outfit, they went belly up in early 2010 leaving the game without any support. All the patches were made unofficially sndf generously by Graviteam even though they never earned a penny for their game.They don't own the game copyright thus they cannot tinker with the game engine which is owned by Discus. It's only fan support which has kept this game alive and allowed it to flourish for the last 5 1/2 years ...So the developers won't/wouldn't be able to do anything for SF as they don't have access to the game engine anymore.

IL2 is a mass appeal game.It's been around for 10 years and was made by a much bigger team of devs with a much bigger budget thna SF.Flight sims tend to attract a lot more players than tank sims especially WW2 ones...

For all its flaws SF is the best we can hope for for the foreseeable future. Graviteam have said clearly they won't make a tank sim anymore.Twice they made one and twice they were shafted by their distributors.

Only Panzer Elite can boast of having a bigger fan base and mod support insofar as WW2 tank sims are concerned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: