Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 07:32:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why No Vietnam  (Read 3155 times)
marseu
Oberleutnant

« on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »

I think that the engine of this game could suite very well in a vietnam war based game.

Imagine how could be awsome to see that kind of warfare in a game like this. Helis that brings troops everywhere on the battlefield, Bombers doing bombing runs, and the fightings in the jungle.

What you think about it?

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:34:58 PM »

I think that the engine of this game could suite very well in a vietnam war based game.

Imagine how could be awsome to see that kind of warfare in a game like this. Helis that brings troops everywhere on the battlefield, Bombers doing bombing runs, and the fightings in the jungle.

What you think about it?

This sounds familiar..........Cheesy  I agree to an extent.  But I feel that focus more on unknown elements than beating the bush would be the way to go.  More focus on things like NVA VS ARVN and the forgotten side of things like the whole ANZAC thing.  There where tank on tank battles.  Small scale until the end.  But ARVN Vs NVA.  ONly 1 US on NVA tank fight.  And that was an error on NVA side.  Pt76 attacking dug in m48's.  Soon as they figured that out, the NVA split with 2 pt76 destroyed and 1 apc.  But mounted stuff on m113's would be quite interesting. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »

I think you could have some very interesting battles in a Vietnam setting.
With convoy ambushes as the SEATO forces attempt to guard their vulnerable fuel and ammo trucks against RPGs and recoiless rifles ambush as the convoys try to supply the outlying fire support bases(FSB) by land.

Or even have FSBs endangered of being overrun and having an armored task force try to make their way to the base in a relief effort without being ambushed themselves along the way.

The Sheridan with anti-personel flechettes rounds would be very cool.

The French Indo-China War after WW2 had some very interesting armored operations also.

I would find the Vietnam Wars a very interesting gaming experience with the APOS engine.
Probably even more interesting as a SABoW/APOS merge project.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:13:29 PM by dane49 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: