Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 06:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How about World War One?  (Read 7245 times)
Rush
Hauptmann

« on: September 30, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »

With the anniversary coming up 2014-2018 how about a WW1 game?
Im sure the APOS engine would work well for WW1 trench warfare in the western front.........

Cheers

https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

Unless Graviteam can grow their staff and someone can prove that a WW1 game will be profitable I don't see this as a future product for Graviteam.IMHO

Hell,I keep begging for a Western European campaign so I can have some Americans to command in this game,but have finally given up since it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I think Graviteam has commited themselves to a series of future DLCs that will stay on the pre-1944 Russian front with the exception being a DLC dealing with the battle of Nomonhon Mongolia in the far East.This will most likely keep them busy for the next 2-3 years(My own personal estimate).

I'm still waiting on a Panther tank also!

I think this game could model WW1 very well though,but they would really need to tweek the close combat animations(They look ridiculous).

Another thing that may hinder a WW1 model is the amount of soldiers per battle,the more soldiers per battle the harder it is on your PC.Battalion sized battles put a lot of strain on my PC and I can imagine anything larger would slow the game to a crawl.Don't know what the actual amount of front each Battalion was suppose to cover in WW1,but I think it's safe to say that there was more than 1 Battalion per 3 kilometers of front represented in the  battle area for this game.

This is a list of what Graviteam has on the drawing board for future releases so far:

3rd Sinyavino 1942
Summer in south-east Ukraine in 1943
Taranovka Summer 1943
1st and 2nd Sinyavino 1941
Nomongan 1939
POC42
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:51:50 PM by dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »

POC42?  And that is?

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »

POC42?  And that is?

I have absolutely no idea!My best guess is it is some kind of Fall Blau campaign,but have no idea what POC stands for.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »

I'd prefer Russo-Japanese War, Yalu-Liaoyang-Mukden Wink
Tom
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »

Taranovka Summer 1943

I think during that really horrible german summer 43 offensive ("Operation Zitadelle") in the Kursk bulge the first time Tiger and Panther tanks engaged in bigger numbers. They inflicted heaviest losses on the russian tank groups (overall tank loss ratio of all engaged tanks during operation was about 1:8 , says Wikipedia).
Well, the Panthers inflicted heaviest losses to themselfes, due to many teething troubles.

So perhaps we will see Panthers in the Graviteam "Taranovka Summer 1943" - project.
But it will be the Panther Ausf. D . Very explosive ;-)

(In my first post I mixed up Taranovka with Tomarovka, 50km north of Kharkov. Sorry for that.)

(Source: Wikipedia, "Battle of Kursk", "Unternehmen Zitadelle")

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:35:57 PM by Tom » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

Well Donken has modded the Panther Ausf G for Steel Fury.In Steel Fury we already have the A,D and G models.The same Donken has managed to introduce the Tiger I into Steel Armour Blaze of War.Many of the models that we have in Steel Fury originally came from APOS, i.e the Tiger I, The Marders ect.Thus I think you can reasonably expect to see the various Panther models to be introduced in APOS.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »

Many of the models that we have in Steel Fury originally came from APOS, i.e the Tiger I
I think Tiger I was made before APOS released.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:29 AM »

It may have come from the first RTS release Achtung Panzer!/Front Roads Kharkov 1942 because I remember reading about it on the Russian Sukhoi/Avia forum.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 08:47:34 PM »

Thus I think you can reasonably expect to see the various Panther models to be introduced in APOS.

Oh a Panther would be great if added to this game! Cheesy
Even if just for quick battles.
I often play quick battles simulating battles fought during the Korsun pocket campaign(Jan-Feb,1944),and it would be nice to add a Panther to the line up for some of the battles fought during the attack by the German panzer divisions to relieve the pocket.
I don't even care what model it is,as long as its a "Panther". 8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:01:33 PM by dane49 » Logged
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »

Unless Graviteam can grow their staff and someone can prove that a WW1 game will be profitable I don't see this as a future product for Graviteam.IMHO

Hell,I keep begging for a Western European campaign so I can have some Americans to command in this game,but have finally given up since it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I think Graviteam has commited themselves to a series of future DLCs that will stay on the pre-1944 Russian front with the exception being a DLC dealing with the battle of Nomonhon Mongolia in the far East.This will most likely keep them busy for the next 2-3 years(My own personal estimate).

I think this game could model WW1 very well though,but they would really need to tweek the close combat animations(They look ridiculous).

Another thing that may hinder a WW1 model is the amount of soldiers per battle,the more soldiers per battle the harder it is on your PC.Battalion sized battles put a lot of strain on my PC and I can imagine anything larger would slow the game to a crawl.Don't know what the actual amount of front each Battalion was suppose to cover in WW1,but I think it's safe to say that there was more than 1 Battalion per 3 kilometers of front represented in the  battle area for this game.

This is a list of what Graviteam has on the drawing board for future releases so far:

3rd Sinyavino 1942
Summer in south-east Ukraine in 1943
Taranovka Summer 1943
1st and 2nd Sinyavino 1941
Nomongan 1939
POC42

Kick um in de "Bunkers"..........I try not to look when they start to kick them in that goose step way......looks really stupid.

I would love to see Panthers in APOS..............Cant wait for that!

Cheers...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: