Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 05:52:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: NTA Mod (English version)  (Read 519477 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #840 on: June 19, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »

Yeap, u're right ES=EU. Your skill of ukrainian language is quite acceptable Wink

BTW
Did u manage to shoot from upper MG on JS-3?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:59:23 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #841 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:04 AM »

Is there a gunner's position that can be occupied for the 37mm gun in the turret on the Lee?

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #842 on: June 20, 2014, 04:47:26 AM »

Tak! Pamietam Panna Ya mowie po Polsku ale tilko troszke! Wink

No I haven't been able to use it.... I love the JS3 well rendered , looks mean and very low silhouette but how in the Hell did the Soviets manage to make yet another tank that takes forever to reload and carries only 27 shells!!!!

One question; why do we have so many(4) different sounds for the MG  34???
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:54:45 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #843 on: June 20, 2014, 08:04:01 AM »

Is there a gunner's position that can be occupied for the 37mm gun in the turret on the Lee?
Yes, press F3 (commander). There is interesting trick. Unfortunately, it's impossible for the second gun enabling the shell type changing, coz there's only autoload. But if u change position on i.e. F1(driver) then back F3(commander) and AI has already changed the type of shell, i.e. from AP on HE.

how in the Hell did the Soviets manage to make yet another tank that takes forever to reload and carries only 27 shells!!!!
Suppose, JS-3 was made as attack tank, which should fight against unmovable targets i.e. pillboxes. I think JS-3 = KV-2. It's not tank-killer and not designed for the quick tank battle.

One question, why do we have so many(4) different sounds for the MG  34???
It's not MG-34. It's MG-42, it has two sounds: one is original, second is ... echo. Didn't u forget abt oak wood? Wink

Skiv
Oberleutnant

« Reply #844 on: June 20, 2014, 08:13:06 AM »

how in the Hell did the Soviets manage to make yet another tank that takes forever to reload and carries only 27 shells!!!!
Suppose, JS-3 was made as attack tank, which should fight against unmovable targets i.e. pillboxes. I think JS-3 = KV-2. It's not tank-killer and not designed for the quick tank battle.
Really? How do you know that? I thought JS-3 was supposedly never used in WW2. There are rumours it was used in Berlin, but it was never confirmed.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #845 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:05 AM »

Really? How do you know that? I thought JS-3 was supposedly never used in WW2. There are rumours it was used in Berlin, but it was never confirmed.
It's my pure guessing, coz I think so and I may guess that JS-3 is analogue of JS-2, which was attack tank. Soviet had only one real tank-killer it was T-34/57. I think so.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:21:47 AM by lockie » Logged

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #846 on: June 20, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »

Congrats to a new release lockie and everyone! Thank you so much for your work Cheesy

It's my pure guessing, coz I think so and I may guess that JS-3 is analogue of JS-2, which was attack tank. Soviet had only one real tank-killer it was T-34/57. I think so.

Oh btw, why name it JS3 and not IS3? the later one being correct. You dont translate names in certain things. So why start with the IS lines? Iosef Stalin was hes name, so therefore IS

And afaik both is2 and is3 where supposed to be breakthrough tanks, Killing strong enemy positions. The only tank killers by soviet was su-85, su-100, and isu-122. Which in its sense isnt attacking units either but still they where deployed to take out enemy tanks. And yes, skiv have a point. T34-57 was also a tankdestroying tank Cheesy
Also about rumors if IS-3 was in battle in ww2? Never found proof it was, The first time the allies (it doesnt mean it didnt was used) did see it was during the victory parade in berlin, So the european war was ended when it come to the frontlines.

And this is something that i think should be fixed!
For all countries the tank destroyers are named as SPG which is totally wrong. They are tank destroyers. SPG = Self Propelled Guns like su152, su122, brummbar, hummel, wespe etc. Jagdpanzer, jagdpanther, jagdtiger, elefant, su-85, su-100, isu-122, m36 to name a few etc are NOT SPG. Stug had both variants. It was also used as both variants with the earlier ones being SPG and the later ones being more specialized as tank destroyers. Also, Panzer IV and Panther are not heavy tanks. They where classified as medium tanks by the germans. During the war Pershing was a heavy tank. But after the war it become a medium tank (Americans used the gun calibre as measurement for vehicle classification and not the weight)

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #847 on: June 20, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »

You dont translate names in certain things. So why start with the IS lines? Iosef Stalin was hes name, so therefore IS

Don't entirely agree with you. In German you would write IS-3 as JS-3 as J is pronounced Y. In French Tiger becomes Tigre and that's how German Tigers are spelled. Likewise Panther becomes Panthère....

The Sovs used to call the Panzer IV, T-4 and the Anglo-Saxons Mark IV or Mark 4... Thus it's really a matter of personal preference .I prefer JS-3 because it's the more common use outside of Russia.

The same can be said of the Panther Ausf. F there's no evidence it was ever built completely and fielded in battle. I think we are entering the realm of science fiction...We can also add the T-44 also apparently never deployed at the front.

I agree with you re the Panther and Panzer IV; they are medium tanks. Only the Tigers (I and II) would qualify as heavy tanks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:25:03 AM by frinik » Logged
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #848 on: June 20, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

You dont translate names in certain things. So why start with the IS lines? Iosef Stalin was hes name, so therefore IS

Don't entirely agree with you. In German you would write IS-3 as JS-3 as J is pronounced Y. In French Tiger becomes Tigre and that's how German Tigers are spelled. Likewise Panther becomes Panthère....

The Sovs used to call the Panzer IV, T-4 and the Anglo-Saxons Mark IV or Mark 4... Thus it's really a matter of personal preference .I prefer JS-3 because it's the more common use outside of Russia.

The same can be said of the Panther Ausf. F there's no evidence it was ever built completely and fielded in battle. I think we are entering the realm of science fiction...We can also add the T-44 also apparently never deployed at the front.

I agree with you re the Panther and Panzer IV; they are medium tanks. Only the Tigers (I and II) would qualify as heavy tanks.

Absaolutely, most tanks have lots of names, But when using it historicly you use the name from the country of origin, not from your own language (english in this case). Same with facts (doctors still use latin names, battlegrounds, battle names, the list goes on). So thats why IS3 is more correct then JS3. If we use all names from the us/brittish side. We have lots of renaming to do in all lists!

This is not important actually, but as the vehicle list is growing and lots of different modders and so on. I want to go to a page where everyone is gonna use the correct terms and names. It looks alot better and its alot easier. If you look in the editor and go to for example german medium tanks. There are probably 6 different types of how they write the unit name. Same as after battle report. All vehicles have different names. We do for shure need a serious cleanup in the .text files. Its a complete mess!

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #849 on: June 20, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »

I may say that in Ukrainian language it also sounds as Josyp, means similar to "Y".
BUT I'd like to note that we've to have a standard/default/base names/categories. It does there are two variants:
1. default
2. all other variants
The name and categories exists in SF a long time, so I don't see the reason to change them. Default variant could be right or could be wrong, BUT we need it as etalon to compare with.
Anyway, I'd be pleased to see another variant for the names/categories and I'll place it on the first page as additional mod. Thus user will have a choice:
- use default names/categories
- use alternative names/categories
or
- simply change default names/categories according to his favour

BTW
It occurred to my mind - we may create a several variants of the name/categories according to the language original, i.e. English, French, Sweden, Ukrainian etc.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:54:56 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #850 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »

Actually English is not my mother tongue... Wink I use JS-3 because that's how the Germans referred to it.

AS for what is correct we could argue for hours :

Is it correct to call Moskva Moscow or Moskau? Is it correct to call Danzig, Gdansk? Pilzen Pilsen? It's a matter of preference. I agree with Lockie's suggestion we could have multi language versions; I would suggest limiting ourselves to the main three languages of the protagonists in SF English , Russian and German.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #851 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:29 PM »

In the MayUpd_2014 the British artillery now received two types of the gun:
1. Howitzer gun QF25(88mm)
2. AT gun QF6(57mm)

Atm I`m, working on to redesign mission "The Battle for Sidi Rezegh (Pz IVF2)".

PS
Cum On Feel the Noize - Slade
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:40:44 AM by lockie » Logged

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #852 on: June 20, 2014, 04:16:15 PM »

Actually English is not my mother tongue... Wink I use JS-3 because that's how the Germans referred to it.

AS for what is correct we could argue for hours :

Is it correct to call Moskva Moscow or Moskau? Is it correct to call Danzig, Gdansk? Pilzen Pilsen? It's a matter of preference. I agree with Lockie's suggestion we could have multi language versions; I would suggest limiting ourselves to the main three languages of the protagonists in SF English , Russian and German.

Just trying to fix some errors but its ok. I got downvoted so i leave everything as is =)

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #853 on: June 20, 2014, 11:52:09 PM »

Yes, press F3 (commander). There is interesting trick. Unfortunately, it's impossible for the second gun enabling the shell type changing, coz there's only autoload. But if u change position on i.e. F1(driver) then back F3(commander) and AI has already changed the type of shell, i.e. from AP on HE.

But can you actually shoot the 37mm when you do that?  All I've been able to shoot is the MG in the turret when I'm in commander's position.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #854 on: June 21, 2014, 12:19:26 AM »

But can you actually shoot the 37mm when you do that?  All I've been able to shoot is the MG in the turret when I'm in commander's position.
My bad. To enable 37mm gun and MG M19A4, u need to press F5(mgunner).
I'd like to suggest u to test M3 Lee on the fire polygon - mission "T-35 In Attack!", MP2.x
Find entry:
data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\SCRIPTS\cm_pack_mission\FG2_T-35a_scripts.engscr
replace
tnk_01, rkka_htank35a, ger_user1, -1, 2, dummy, 1, 1, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 0x3, rkka_comp_10_swallow, 0.0;
on
tnk_01, rkka_mtann43b, ger_user1, -1, 2, dummy, 1, 1, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 0x3, rkka_comp_10_swallow, 0.0;
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:23:40 AM by lockie » Logged

Treetop
Oberleutnant

« Reply #855 on: June 23, 2014, 03:42:40 AM »

One question; why do we have so many(4) different sounds for the MG  34???

Lol, yeah, I noticed this, too.  Every time you fire the machine guns on German tanks, they make a different sound effect.  It cycles through several machine gun firing sound effects every time you fire the guns.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #856 on: June 23, 2014, 04:10:59 AM »

I solved that. I replaced all new MG34 shots sounds with mine ....

Ok I have uploaded the new "epurated" or Light if you prefer Speech sounds. I removed all the unnecessary chatter especially the infantry one and I also culled some of the triplicate sounds we need( like we had 3 different sounds to say the commander is dead or wounded. Only the required command to make the game work have been left( mostly).A couple of the chatter sounds may have escaped my attention. What you need to do is to remove all speech folders from your game and paste mine into your sounds mod or you May Update sounds folder or your game main data /k42/loc_rus/sounds/speech folder in lieu of the current one. Make backup copies of your current Speech folder. I tested it ion my game and it works fine. I like it much better as no idiotic Ai runs around yelling things or chattering...

Here's the link:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/3vzng2Vyce/speech.html

PS I have kept all the subfolders such as : inf, Inf_ger, Inf_us  even though some are empty inside.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:33:00 AM by frinik » Logged
Skiv
Oberleutnant

« Reply #857 on: June 23, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »

Hurk, I on the other hand liked the chatter. I especially adore when them Nazis scream when they see a soviet soldat
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #858 on: June 24, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »

Nazis???What Nazis?There are only Wehrmacht soldiers in the game?Huh? Nazi is short for National Sozialistische and indicate a member or sympathiser of that party.It's not a generic form to describe the inhabitants of Germany or Austria in the late 1930s and 40s....Soviet ,on the other hand, means either a member of the Communist party of the former Soviet Union or an inhabitant of that same country.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #859 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:09 AM »

This unit looks a very perspective!

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: