Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 07:46:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early 1943 mod skins [ Completed ]  (Read 46734 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »

I hope the lighting issues are not inherent in all the new Summer maps being designed for this game in the future.
What is a "lightning issues"?

Otherwise I predict Andrey may be getting a butt load of negitive feed back on this forum.
Everything will remain exactly the same. Now the lighting setup for the summer season is very similar to that we see it in real world (for human eye).

Please, if you write that something is wrong with the graphics or some other subjective perception of things - please put a screenshot from the game and from the real world, in another case we get a very strange conversation.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »

Volokonovka map vs Real word
Same conditions same season.

http://imgur.com/nfnCL

I do not see any lighting issues. If any will see - point to them specifically, and we will discuss them.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »

What is a "lightning issues"?

Lighting issues-Are issues I have with the game concerning glare and shadowing effect.

Whether it is realistic or not,it tends to have a negative effect on game play.The glare tends to blur and the shadows in some instances are too dark.These "lighting issues" tend to give the map an overly acidic look,that even if realistic makes for a visual presentation that is not very pleasing to the eye and in some instances creates viewing issues that are less than realistic in perception.

Realism in this instance seems overdone and is not necessary in my opinion.A more pleasing result can be accomplished without the enhanced lighting or briteness that is represented by the Summer sun in this game regardless of the time of year being represented.The Summer sun on the Volokonovka map puts out too much light and makes viewing the map details very difficult with the overshadowing and glare it presents.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:54:02 PM by Dane49 » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »

Volokonovka map vs Real word
Same conditions same season.

I do not see any lighting issues. If any will see - point to them specifically, and we will discuss them.

We must have differing Volokonvka maps, because mine is all mud Tongue

Lighting issues = everything is too damn shiny.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »

Lighting issues-Are issues I have with the game concerning glare and shadowing effect.

Please screenshots. Game vs Real world. Here's how I put it to the previous post.
Otherwise, the conversation not constructive  Grin.

Whether it is realistic or not,it tends to have a negative effect on game play.
Its a wrong way.
May be for some usrs and gravity have a negative effect on game play, but ...  Grin

The glare tends to blur and the shadows in some instances are too dark.
These "lighting issues" tend to give the map an overly acidic look,that even if realistic makes for a visual presentation that is not very pleasing to the eye and in some instances creates viewing issues that are less than realistic perception.

It individually for each user, we can not do for each his graphics or his game. Therefore we do as it is in real world (try for it).

If you have any objections, but not in style like / dislike you personally - that's the reality it is..., but the game is not..., I am ready to listen. With examples of course  Grin.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »

Lighting issues = everything is too damn shiny.

Its a real word in summer

I can not do anything with it in real world - sorry  Grin

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »

I did a comparison of lighting effects between the Rakitnoe and Volokonovka map using the same weather effects-mid day and clear.Obviously the the two seasons are different and the sun would be higher during the Summer months,but because of the angle of the sun and the enhanced briteness for the Summer months being represented the glare and shadowing between the two maps was much different and I found the Rakitnoe map to be much more pleasing to view with less negative issues.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2012, 12:05:30 AM »

I did a comparison of lighting effects between the Rakitnoe and Volokonovka map using the same weahter effects-mid day and clear.Obviously the the two seasons are different and the sun would be higher during the Summer months,but because of the angle of the sun and the enhanced briteness for the Summer months being represented the glare and shadowing between the two maps was much different and I found the Rakitnoe map to be much more pleasing to view with less negative issues.

Yes, due to the inclination of the orbit of the planet, in the winter sun's rays fall at a different angle than in the summer (in the same time). A lighting depends on the cosine of that angle. This is a fundamental law of nature, the way it should be. And it was made in the game.

It would be strange enough for realistic game to make cartoon graphics.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2012, 12:15:25 AM »

Regardless,I'm not convinced realistic lighting in this instance enhances the game at least not from my perspective.I find the glare and shadowing on the Summer maps to be a distraction even if minor in some respects.All I'm suggesting is that the briteness be toned down a bit as to be not so obvious in enhancing some of the negative aspects that it presents.

I will post a video example later of the glare differences between the two maps concerning in this instance an APC and the effects that IMHO are less than pleasing when viewed in these separate instances.I find the Rakitnoe map example to convey a much more pleasing visual and think the same effect could be accomplished on the Summer map without sacrificing realism in a negative way.

Sorry Whukid,
Didn't mean to highjack your thread with this issue,but it was your mod that brought up this debate and your mod is also what I'm using in the video as an example of lighting differences and their effects.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:17:55 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2012, 02:09:35 AM »

After some further testing during different daylight periods it seems sun angle has no difference in glare on the vehicle.

Results are pretty much the same on the Summer map regardless of time of day.The intensity or briteness of the Summer sun on the Volokonovka map to me is what's causing the glare issue.The acidity is quite pronounced for the Summer map during these comparison study tests.

Rakitnoe Map-Mid day and clear

Volokonovka Map-Mid day and clear
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »

Well, may be adjust the textures on vehicles, but not change the laws of lights physics?   Huh?  Grin
Such as roughness and specular intensity maps will be change?

Real world
In summer
http://www.valar.ru/gallery/0911/_4063123.jpg
http://fi.ill.in.ua/m/371x240/19506.jpg
http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T84/oplotm/oplot_m_15.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9639/008ar.jpg

In winter
http://wartime.org.ua/uploads/posts/2012-08/thumbs/1344247962_3.jpg
http://militaryrussia.ru/i/284/294/aoK7Y.jpg
http://militaryrussia.ru/i/284/308/dqNEE.jpg

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »

Dane turn HDR off in the options and it should help.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »

Dane turn HDR off in the options and it should help.

Thanks wodin,

Disabled the HDR and that helped.The color distortion is still evident,but at least the blinding glare is gone.Not perfect IMHO but palatable.

Now I can go back to playing the Summer map without the "Well,this sucks" moments. Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:37:18 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »

I understand your position on this matter Andrey.And applaud your efforts at achieving the most realistic lighting effects,but for me in this instance it is not completely desirable.I guess what it comes down to is personal preference and I'm in the sacrifice a little realism for a more pleasing visual detail camp.
I may be in the minority in this respect but that is my opinion on this subject.
It certainly isn't a game breaker for me and this is still my favorite game that I play at least once a day and maybe 2-3 times a day on the weekends Cheesy

PS. Disabled HDR that seemed to help somewhat,wasn't aware exactly what that option actually did in the game for visual effects.Thought it was more for defining detail not lighting and contrast.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:06:26 AM by Dane49 » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »

HDR is the famous bloom effect you get in all games these days..
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2012, 07:38:09 PM »

HDR is the famous bloom effect you get in all games these days..
No.
HDR itself dont have any visible effect. Its a render buffer format.
Bloom effect is a bloom effect not an HDR. It can be done and with LDR render buffer format, but with some artifacts.

HDR only allows to apply some effects that were difficult to do on the LDR without artifacts.
In our game this effects are Tone mapping and Light bloom effect.

Once again bring this collage
http://imgur.com/nfnCL - both in the game and in the real world.
Without HDR in most cases difficult to do to match.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:44:06 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »

Well I'm no coder..all I know is usually bloom and HDR can go hand in hand..and from what you say HDR affects light bloom?

Either way I think Dane wants the glare taken out with an option and I thought the HDR might help.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: