Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 02:18:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wire communication in game  (Read 13049 times)
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »

My guess is transfer of information of some spotted enemy units. At least direction of contacts is transferred between two or more units with a radio - in a similiar manner like a player can experience in SABOW.
How this exactly work is a mystery. I may also be totally wrong and make myself look just plain stupid. Tongue

Yes, such a transfer is a long time present in game. For units of AI since APK43. For a players units has gradually introduced the second patch. In the next patch, it will be totally visualised and everyone can see how and what works and passed directly in the process.
But two patch experience shows that the transfer info about targets is the most trivial and low-value application for communications.

Very interesting, because transfer of information like enemy movement or positions is very important in real life. In the game the low value may be cause the information sharing is happening only at low tactical level. Also player can see everything in real time (it's a game) and react to it immediately.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »

Very interesting, because transfer of information like enemy movement or positions is very important in real life. In the game the low value may be cause the information sharing is happening only at low tactical level. Also player can see everything in real time (it's a game) and react to it immediately.
Yes its for players units. Player + pause its substitute for any data transfer Cheesy

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »

Right I understand now..I don't need to keep my units with in the command radius if they have radio communications...is one or two soldiers dedicated signals men and when they are killed no more wire laying? Or does any soldier do it?

Andrey you misunderstand what I mean..I'm not sure what effect the wire comm has in game..what are the benefits?
I had the same question.  What does this new feature add to gameplay?

With flares, different kinds of radios, voices it removes unrealistic command radii and as a consequence the need for company and battalion commanders be in the forefront of the battle.

Another its a big secret  Grin
In what form it is already was implemented two patch ago (but only where there is a radio) and no indication in the experiment purposes  Grin.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »

Right I understand now..I don't need to keep my units with in the command radius if they have radio communications...is one or two soldiers dedicated signals men and when they are killed no more wire laying? Or does any soldier do it?
Yes. men from telephone/cable group. If not, there is no connection. Yes, they can be killed. To communicate need a cable, any soldier can't carry it.
But you may do a voice communications if arrange troops in compact group.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: