Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 07:46:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Effect of balance adjustment  (Read 3214 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: December 13, 2012, 05:17:16 PM »

What is the effect of adjusting balance on game play?  Obviously balance 1 is supposed to easier than balance 10.  What is actually adjusted?  Is it numbers of enemies, AI ability, damage model or what?

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »

I think it's only rthe number of enemies you face,.It increases the probabilities that you will face for example all 12 enemy tanks created in a given mission or all the guns or infantry. The lower the balance the less likely you will face all of them.

The AI ability is supposedly determined by the enemy's or Allies's experience sliders..The higher the more potent the AI is supposed to be. I ain't convinced it makes a huge difference.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »

Balance does how stron enemy and units u'll meet with balance increasing. but there's more interesting parameter - level. There are 4 positions. first 25% of smartness of the default experiences, i.e. enemy tank has 80 experience, then level "1" means 25x80/100=20 experience.

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:01 AM »

What is the effect of adjusting balance on game play?  Obviously balance 1 is supposed to easier than balance 10.  What is actually adjusted?  Is it numbers of enemies, AI ability, damage model or what?

The 'balance' setting depends entirely on the mission designer. As mentioned earlier, the enemy / friendly units could be set to appear / go missing, depending on the balance level selected. Or, it could be possible to have no such settings written to the mission scriptfile.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: