Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 09:30:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther gun sights  (Read 33268 times)
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »

At this moment it works perfect, but if I remove a lower tri, then I can't aim with Pzgr.
As for er example:

Which tanks in the game this gunsight should be asigned?

You aim off the top triangle in reality... the optic can rotate 360 degrees, or more in either direction, see this one.

http://home.comcast.net/~ab707/pex/images/tzf5b/tzf5b.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:05:09 PM by murkz » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »

You aim off the top triangle in reality... the optic can rotate 360 degrees in either direction, see this one.

Mentioned by u sample doesn't look the same as this:

As u can see there are two additional scales for the Pzgr. In er case there's only one.

Provocative signature removed
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 11:11:56 PM »

The scales are all ranged off the top triangle there is no other triangle to range off  Smiley

I am only pointing out a flaw with the optics in Steel Fury and every other ww2 tank simulation apart for the PE mod and the I44 mod.

You now have the information and it is up to you guys what you do with it Smiley

Maybe it is not possible in Steel Fury and that is fine too.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 02:15:57 AM »

Murkz, the sounds in I44 are impressive whether Mgs, engines, reloading etc.Where did you guys get them???
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 06:11:57 AM »

Murkz, the sounds in I44 are impressive whether Mgs, engines, reloading etc.Where did you guys get them???

The messages, I can't recall who made those.

The rest of the sounds were done by maco, nsu, snorri and sirdiealot, maybe some others but those guys I am certain of Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »

The scales are all ranged off the top triangle there is no other triangle to range off  Smiley
U still didn't give me a hint - how are u going to aim, if there won't be a second triangle? Smiley
Each time u show me completely other gunsight Grin Anyway, if u know how to make it better, then be my guest Wink

I am only pointing out a flaw with the optics in Steel Fury and every other ww2 tank simulation apart for the PE mod and the I44 mod.
Yes, SF is not perfect Sad Do u've a video abt procedure of aiming for the stug/ferdinand/marder/hetzer/jagdpanther/jagdtiger in PE mod and the I44 mod? Would be interested to see how did u manage to simulate a separate aiming.

You now have the information and it is up to you guys what you do with it Smiley
I've already did Smiley

Maybe it is not possible in Steel Fury and that is fine too.
For spg it's possible to simulate aiming, but in a very inconvenient and ridiculous manner. At this moment a 'half-real' gunsight is preferable.

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 01:11:47 PM »

lockie: take a look at the link with the animated/flash/gif sight and you should understand how the real sight work. That is what murkz are asking about, if its possible to do in SF.
The real sights didnt need the "second triangle" because the strich platte or whatever its called is moving up automaticly when you want to aim with the different shells, as you can see in that link.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »

U still didn't give me a hint - how are u going to aim, if there won't be a second triangle? Smiley
Each time u show me completely other gunsight Grin Anyway, if u know how to make it better, then be my guest Wink

Nice answer lockie  Huh? and to be honest if I could, I would of done the optics.

ALL THE DIFFERENT SHELLS USED THE SAME TOP TRIANGLE!!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:00:37 PM by murkz » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »

to be honest if I could, I would of done the optics.
I may help u with tutor. It's a question of time.

ALL THE DIFFERENT SHELLS USED THE SAME TOP TRIANGLE!!!
There are gunsights Tzf 12 and Tzf 12a, where I can see three types of shells and each of them use the corresponding range. My link is: http://s612.beta.photobucket.com/user/MooMan53/media/PantherGSTZF-12.jpg.html

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »

The real sights didnt need the "second triangle" because the strich platte or whatever its called is moving up automaticly when you want to aim with the different shells, as you can see in that link.
Donken, u know everything abt gunsight adjusting. I shared my knowledge with u. If u understand, what should be done, then plz do. I did my best with comrade 19will73 and now I'm completely confused what do u want. There was a request to move all triangles up and down together. We did it. Sorry, but I can't fix the things, which I don't understand.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »

Hi Lockie !

I think I know what Murkz is referring to.

Can you see this animation in your computer?

It corresponds to the gunsight of the Panzer IV D

As you can see there are two scales:

- one for the MG (Machine Gun) or PzGr (Armor Piercing shells)
- another one for the SprGr (High Explosive shells)

The point is that to aim with both scales there is only one solid black triangle.

At the beginning of the animation the black solid triangle is used to aim with the first scale (MG or PzGr), but if you continue rotating the scale then the black sollid triangle is used to aim with the second scale (SprGr), and consequently the line o triangles used to aim have gone back to the initial position at the center of the gunsight...

Can you see it now?

If you have any doubts, please ask !!

I really appreciate the excelent work that you are doing in Steel Fury !!

Txema
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »

Thank you Txema,

That is exactly correct.

When ranging from the various ammo types with the black triangle the strich move to the correct position to hit the target at the range set Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »

Can you see this animation in your computer?
Yeap.

It corresponds to the gunsight of the Panzer IV D
OK, but we're talking abt PANTHER gunsight. What the reason to give me a sample of Pz IV D gunsight???

The point is that to aim with both scales there is only one solid black triangle.
OK, I've read er explanations, but I still don't understand what do u mean. I gave my examples and gunsight for the Panther. They works good or at least u can use it. If u know what u're talking abt then I may help u and murkz with tutor how to make a gunsight. Feel free to ask me or let me know when I may provide u with a detailed info. Excuse me, but I should be very grateful, if u could do such gunsight for SF and show me how it does. As I told we did with 19will73 our best and I can't fix the things, which already works fine (as my point).

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »

OK, Lockie, this point is difficult to explain and understand in a foreign language.

I think that the implementation that you have done of the Panther gunsight is already very good.

In my opinion, it is not really necessary to complicate the things for Steel Fury...

It is good enough for me  Smiley

Txema
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 02:28:20 AM »

I also understand what Murkz is talking about I keenly remember BritAldo44's gunsight tutorials.However I agree with Lockie that what we have, while imperfect and not entirely acurate, works fine.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 04:22:21 AM »

I also understand what Murkz is talking about I keenly remember BritAldo44's gunsight tutorials.However I agree with Lockie that what we have, while imperfect and not entirely acurate, works fine.

Is it so hard to make right?

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 04:30:29 AM »

I don't know how to do it personally which is why I am a neutral stand.It's up to 19will73 to decide whether he wants to invest the time and effort to correct it.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »

I agree with everyone's respected opinions, my wish was to point out the new findings of Brit44Aldo and pass that information along to this community.

I also agree that as they are things are fine, it is probably just me but there is a feeling that Steel Fury would be better for the inclusion of this newly researched information.

I also understand that the implementation of the optics is down to a coder, alas something I have no knowledge of and if nothing else it has caused a healthy discussion Smiley

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank lockie and all Steel Fury modder's for the excellent work they have done and continue to do in pushing Steel Fury ahead.

Jeff
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:10:28 AM by murkz » Logged

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 04:32:39 AM »

Good works murkz and frinik.  Thank you to all who give their time and effort to the game. 

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »

And now a gunsight for the tiger also has triangles, which moves up and down together.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: