Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 10:47:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would this game have more Players if
there was more advertising - 16 (76.2%)
it had multiplayer - 5 (23.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't understand why  (Read 29043 times)
Rubeus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »

Ok, everything is clear, Andrey. You´re a real gentleman in your replies.
I´m not agree with you and you are not agree with me. And that´s OK for me   Wink

Although your games are not perfect for my taste, I´ll continue playing them, because they´re of an exceptional quality. I love Graviteam´s games!  8)
I wish you good luck in the future and I´ll continue following your steps and watching your progress with lots of curiosity...

Kindest regards,
R
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »

WeGo has a certain nice gamey feeling, but it's not realistic for sure. In Combat Mission the micromanagement, in my opinion, is way too much. But I also understand it is what many wargamers want or are used to do and expect.

Real time has especially one fun brutal thing (as mentioned) that WeGo will never have: First you make a plan, then nothing happens and after that nothing still happens. At some point you think something happens, but nothing too important really happens. Then the PANIC MOMENT (you know what I mean) and everything is messed up in chaos.  Bye bye plans, what are the new orders? Time is ticking... This is when the "greatest" decisions are usually made.  Cheesy

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 11:13:09 PM »

Rubeus I totally agree with you. Andrey is saying things about it being uninteresting etc..yet for many it isn't uninteresting playing WEGO. I think Andrey needs to except that many others feel totally different about it and his opinion is just that, his own opinion and not fact. I also agree that command delay adds to the game..it works well in all games that use it..very well indeed. It also adds more realism.

Still as I said APOS is the best RTS game out there, streets ahead of the competition and what I hate about RTS games is reduced to more or less nothing. It isn't the dreaded click fest..nor is it a case of the quicker you click the better. You have time to think, the pace is perfect..the big maps help aswell. Also where as someone says WEGO has to much micromanagement, I don't mind micromanagement in a WEGO system..but in an RTS it's a nightmare..and again unlike all other RTS games APOS doesn't suffer from this at all.

Funny I totally disagree with alot of what Andrey says yet he still has an amazing wargame. For me could be even more amazing..but I'm not complaining. Nothing is ever perfect..I haven't played a perfect game yet..well not perfect for me. This does come close though.

Ok, everything is clear, Andrey. You´re a real gentleman in your replies.
I´m not agree with you and you are not agree with me. And that´s OK for me   Wink

Although your games are not perfect for my taste, I´ll continue playing them, because they´re of an exceptional quality. I love Graviteam´s games!  8)
I wish you good luck in the future and I´ll continue following your steps and watching your progress with lots of curiosity...

Kindest regards,
R
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 03:16:47 AM »

WeGo has a certain nice gamey feeling, but it's not realistic for sure. In Combat Mission the micromanagement, in my opinion, is way too much. But I also understand it is what many wargamers want or are used to do and expect.

Real time has especially one fun brutal thing (as mentioned) that WeGo will never have: First you make a plan, then nothing happens and after that nothing still happens. At some point you think something happens, but nothing too important really happens. Then the PANIC MOMENT (you know what I mean) and everything is messed up in chaos.  Bye bye plans, what are the new orders? Time is ticking... This is when the "greatest" decisions are usually made.  Cheesy

CM2 has both wego and RT options available I believe.

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 03:50:00 AM »

Yes,it has both.

But Real Time in CM is a major clickfest.It's a WEGO game at best.

I prefer RT and APOS captures that feeling much better than CM ever could hope to manage.
If Andrey doesn't want WEGO for APOS,I for one will not be upset with that decision.

I completely stopped playing the CM series because APOS was exactly what I was looking for to replace the monotonous drag that was making the CM games harder and harder to play.APOS has that fluid flow that no other 3D tactical simulator is offering for playing in RT mode.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »

Though there is alot I prefer over CMx2 I still prefer playing it due to WEGO as I said. I'm not bothered it wont happen here..I never expected it too..it just wont be my No1 game..esp when CM east front arrives...

I do wish Aris\Fuser played APOS though and made some skins for it as his work for CM is amazing..
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

I believe APOS is not as popular as it could be because of

(1)the unique interface (good but strange at first),
I actually like the UI, and I think Andrey should continue to develop as he sees fit.  I trust his judgment on this matter, and I fully believe that anyone too lazy to learn it should give it an honest try.

(2)the overly complicated patching process (the worst I've ever seen in years),
No doubt this is terrible.  Every time a new patch comes out I have to dig up some old threads to make sure I do it correctly.

(3)the overly complicated modding process (where are all the mods?)
I have a bunch of quality sound files I want to use, and I cannot figure out the documentation.  I've tried many times.  As stated before, the rather small amount of mods and operations reflect the complication of the process.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »

I have no interest in multiplayer but I'm sure alot are, however this game has the much asked for Campaign and Operational layer which would make up for any Multiplayer loss,

The big compliant I've seen is the UI being to complicated..yet what it really is is it's very simple and I think people are looking for certain things that aren't there as they aren't needed so they end up thinking they are missing something.

The patching process wouldn't affect sales as it only becomes an issue once you've already bought it.

The other issue if you'd call it that is the game sits in a no mans land..it's a realtime tactical wargame where most realtime games aren't like CoH, which are more mainstream and less of a wargame and more a game. Wargamers on the whole are used to turn based or WEGO..many now do play CMx2 realtime but I bet they thought they'd play it WEGO..realtime at this scale isn't normally viewed as a Wargame as such, on the other hand it doesn't suit you COH mainstream player either.

This series will never get the popularity people think it should have because it is a Wargame and I think they view it the same as CoH. It also will be viewed with trepidation by Wargamers because it appears on the surface like another RTS game.

Saying all that the big issue is the UI..it's so simple and basic people think it's got to be complicated..if you get my meaning..
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

I think it hasn't caught on that well because its not really sure what type of game it is.
You can be a squad commander, Platoon commander, or command every unit in the field with one click.
You can play the game just on the map without ever looking at the eye candy in game if you want.
But then you can play it as i do and never look at the map at all.
I just think that what we enjoy about the game so much, other people who are used to one type of game or another, like an FPS or a pure Simulator may find this abit off putting and fiddly.
Certainly i found the two different parts to the game, moving the units on the Operational map before then having to set all my units up on the Tactical map abit strange to start with.
And the rather odd UI dosn't help.
Although you soon get used to it.
Multi-player... i can take it or leave it.
But at the end of the day the game has to make money, and im sure andrey will do what he believes is right to achieve this aim.

And yes i also agree withCapt Sam it dosnt help that the game is so difficult to mod, there's no just editing CFG files or TGA files in this little beauty!!
The war gaming community loves to mod games to thier own tastes. And thats a fact.
This is just to complicated and difficult to tweak.
Night_postmans Mod is exellent, but where are all the others!!

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 03:33:24 AM »

I can't believe I enjoy a real time game as much as I do with APOS.

What I would LOVE would to simply have a rewind button that let you pause the game and go back a minute or so and only view the action, not give orders. That way one could see how and why the halftrack got destroyed and by what. The action is so engrossing that I don't want to miss a thing.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 05:44:35 AM »

I have no interest in multiplayer but I'm sure alot are, however this game has the much asked for Campaign and Operational layer which would make up for any Multiplayer loss,

The big compliant I've seen is the UI being to complicated..yet what it really is is it's very simple and I think people are looking for certain things that aren't there as they aren't needed so they end up thinking they are missing something.

The patching process wouldn't affect sales as it only becomes an issue once you've already bought it.

Saying all that the big issue is the UI..it's so simple and basic people think it's got to be complicated..if you get my meaning..

The patching process would affect sales if people read forums and reviews.  I would think twice about buying if I read that the patching process was byzintine and problematic.

You might say that the UI is simple and basic now that you're familiar with it.  But I dare say that many people encountering it for the first time are put off by it.  Add in the fact that the English manual is not quite ready for prime time and you don't necessarily make a great first impression.

Bring back 3D markers!
Rubeus
Oberleutnant

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 08:01:38 AM »

What I would LOVE would to simply have a rewind button that let you pause the game and go back a minute or so and only view the action, not give orders. That way one could see how and why the halftrack got destroyed and by what. The action is so engrossing that I don't want to miss a thing.

+1

Totally agree with that, Missouri_Rebel!!  8)
That feature would be great!! (to be clear, I´m not talking about WEGO over here, right?   Wink  ).
I mean: I´m enjoying a lot playing APOS, but always I feel that I´m missing all the action and all the battle details are taking place. And, above all, this game is spectacular visually speaking so it´s a pity to miss so many details!!  Cry
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »

That would make me very happy..it's enough for me...it will then become my No1...

I agree aswell i can't believe how much I love this and it's an RTS..

@Tanker..actually I'm in the minority that has never had a problem with the UI even with APK43...but I know I'm in a minority..though I'm sure once it does click with the others they realise that actually there isn't much to it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:43:48 PM by wodin » Logged
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »

Wrong!

I haven't purchased a single DLC for fear that my patching process will be corrupted and AP won't work.  I don't even remember my Gamergate password.  I have no reason to buy anything from Gamergate other than Graviteam stuff.  I wouldn't even care who Gamergate is, if not for AP.

Potential customers read about the complexity of patching and realize that the version they purchase MUST be updated.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 11:49:47 PM »

DLCs are very easy to install,patching and updating is what is difficult.

If you are able to update and patch,then the DLCs are pretty straight forward and simple to apply.
I've never experienced any problems adding DLCs ,but do encounter problems every time a new update or patch comes out.

Though I've gotten much better at the patching/updating process since the first time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:00:25 AM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 12:09:53 AM »

DLCs are very easy to install,patching and updating is what is difficult.

Updating may be difficult (through MS VS 2005 security update). But patch is the completely the same thing as a DLC Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »

I was stating my personal experience,For some reason I have problems getting the new updated engines to take on my PC.But usually after I accomplish that the rest goes very easy and not as painful.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:54:14 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: