Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 08:04:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Project golf course.....well thats what it looks like right now.  (Read 95220 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2013, 10:25:43 PM »

I thought the Iranian Ah-1 could fire tow, there's certainly allot of pics of them with tows mounted.
Can the game's helicopter AI handle stand off gunship attack from the AH-1 instead of high speed strafe attack from the hind?

about 1/4 of AH1J could fire TOWS.  SOmwhere around 64 where TOW capable.  THe other 200 and something where straight gunships.   Muddling up the water is that IRan has upgraded/rebuild many starting in the 90's and a now manufactures them with upgrades without liecences from BELL.  In othe words, like the F5, their aircraft industry reverse engennered the things.  So many of those pics are either new made models or older upgraded. 

Why I went with the 3/4 pure gunship......  YA not so sure if or how stand off could work for TOWs.  PLus 1 flight of 2 cobras....  16 TOW missles.  It is suppose to be support not whip out a company and a half of tanks.  Cheesy  as nothing more effective than zu23-2 in game.  Although a chopper flies into its area....  likly dead helo. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did the canopy and glass fast and messy....but seems to work anyways.  Maybe clean that up next year.  LOL 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »

Are you making this for the new DLC Shield of the Prophet?
and if so
Will it be in the new DLC when it is released?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »

Are you making this for the new DLC Shield of the Prophet?
and if so
Will it be in the new DLC when it is released?

In totally unoffical capacity.   Tongue  YEs.  In release.....who knows.  My guess is no.  In patch shortly there after......probably, maybe.....er ya.  I am maybe a week on outside of finished with this thing at FUN rate.  I started at production rate....but eh, needed extra motivation after running into stupid issues with mesh.  Just got done going threw mesh getting rid of 900 questionable triangle and small fixes.  Unwrapping what I have so far for textures.   Wink  Only small details and internal cockpit left on the cobra.  Well weapons still to do as well.  But that is all straight forward stuff. 

All I know is I am not going to play the DLC till this guy is in.  Cheesy   Tongue  Also throwing around updating mesh and textures on F5.  Its only OK.  It was fine for SABOW....  Just a fast blur flying over head dropping bombs and shooting stuff with 20mm cannons. I may have spent a wopping 8 hours on normal and defuse textures.....  That aint much at all....kind of shows. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »

8)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »

Well I am about to loose my mind....  Something stupid easy...or should be is drivihng me NUTS.  The ACTUAL diamentions of lau-10 rocket pod without the franagible front and back bits.  All posted diamentions it internet land have either this or the packing diamentions of rocket pods.  SO ANNOYING.  Hours upon hours going WTF.  This should have been Fast and EASY.   Cry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

total GUESSES  off of photos as to diamentions of rocket pod..  The rockets themselves have good referance diamentions.  So will develop those here in a bit. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:12:25 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »

Close enough is usually good enough for that kind of stuff, if someone somehow notices they're probably gonna post the correct length too.
If you must know you can measure one in a scale model and scale it up.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »

Close enough is usually good enough for that kind of stuff, if someone somehow notices they're probably gonna post the correct length too.
If you must know you can measure one in a scale model and scale it up.

LOL....if I had one... and could be trusted LOL. 

Yabba dabba do
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »

Heres a model
Not very complex/detailed but could be to scale -
http://masayu-i2.seesaa.net/article/131440670.html
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2013, 06:11:44 AM »

I guess you could call these Pre alpha screens of confussed longstop. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2013, 07:24:18 AM »

A little more hmmm approprate.  LOL.  Still ALOT to do.  Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »

Flashburn,

When you finish your Tunisia 42 project,will this be a DLC for GTOS or will it be a DLC for GTMF?
or maybe even a standalone game?

BTW,I really like that map and the picture of the tree lined road looked real cool.
Can't wait to see how this turns out once you have filled in the rest of the map. 8)

The reason I was curious about whether or not this was for GTOS or GTMF DLC is if it is GTOS I think your map would make a real nice back drop setting for using the  forces from the Shield of the Prophet DLC to depict  a Golan heights type battle between the Israeli and Syrian forces during the Yom Kippur war in October 1973.

Google images of the Golan Heights.
I think you will notice some very striking similarities between your map and some of the photos there.

I even think the Angola map makes a nice setting for the Israeli invasion of Egypt after they crossed the Suez canal and pushed into the Nile delta.

Since nobody seems to want to tackle a direct approach game about the Arab Israeli wars maybe an indirect approach is a way to satisfy that problem.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:55:29 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2013, 03:31:51 PM »

Flashburn,

When you finish your Tunisia 42 project,will this be a DLC for GTOS or will it be a DLC for GTMF?
or maybe even a standalone game?

BTW,I really like that map and the picture of the tree lined road looked real cool.
Can't wait to see how this turns out once you have filled in the rest of the map. 8)

The reason I was curious about whether or not this was for GTOS or GTMF DLC is if it is GTOS I think your map would make a real nice back drop setting for using the  forces from the Shield of the Prophet DLC to depict  a Golan heights type battle between the Israeli and Syrian forces during the Yom Kippur war in October 1973.

Google images of the Golan Heights.
I think you will notice some very striking similarities between your map and some of the photos there.

I even think the Angola map makes a nice setting for the Israeli invasion of Egypt after they crossed the Suez canal and pushed into the Nile delta.

Since nobody seems to want to tackle a direct approach game about the Arab Israeli wars maybe an indirect approach is a way to satisfy that problem.

I think we are on same page on 80 percent of what you said here.  I would NOT use longstop as clone of 73 war.  But I have thought about getting around publisher woes.....  Like calling it 73 with guys that look sort like IDF and guys that look sort of like Eygpt lol

I think Longstop as it is now is NOT enough for stand alone game... NEEDS more content.  like a complete new polygon to go with....and the US army UK army's circa 42/43.  WAY TOO MUCH for me and Krabb.  And in the end........all that is not up to me..  This is being made totally unnoffical with help from gravi on certain things.  Honestly I do not think they realise that it could actually do VARY well in WEST.  I am still racking head how to fund something here to do more than what is started....  Right now I feel I bit off more than I can chew.  But despite that, I am still going to try.  I know the polygon can get completed in a timly manner from where it is at now.  I know its going to work and actually parts are EXACTLY what I was after.  I can get the infantry gear complete in timely manner as quite far along....  Even the bigger equipmwnt needed for just longstop.  But as soon as issues like infantry and armor get added in...  Now it is BIG hill to climb.   But just going to worry about the peices for time being....  Not the overall. 

Oh forgot to touch on the golan.  As far as looks go between to is not suprising...  These 2 locals are like 1500 miles apart but on simular equator lines.  And both have access to WATER.  so not shocking there.  If I where to tackle at modder level......WOULD NOT TOUCH GOLAN.  Reason why is that to do justice to this sort of land form takes time.  !st you have to find good satelite imagery.... then find GOOD maps.  make basic hei map....then add in all the draws rivers and terrain features by hand.  It is slow work IN THE PIXELS.  So while I would love to tackle unless someone throws money at me I do not see how I could do it.  Longstop happened at the RIGHT time as i am between things.  Cheesy I have the time and bases sort of covered to live.  After it is done REAL WORLD issues HAVE to come to the fore front.  So I will not have time to do even though I would like too.  NOW with that said......   I am eye balling the sinai....  That IS possible on modder level...   Tongue   Actually vary logical step after Longstop in my book.....  All the DLC's of more modern era....... I have a modified centurian that is almost APOS ready of IDF SHOT KOL.  After I get to doing armor for US army circa 1942/43....  I have things like jeeps and m3 halftracks...  I hope if possible and time and m4a1 hull .....  So to me seems damned logical.   Tongue
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:03:32 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

I think we are on same page on 80 percent of what you said here.  I would NOT use longstop as clone of 73 war

I think you missed my point here Smiley

I wasn't advocating that you change direction and offer your Tunisian project up as a Arab vs Israeli type DLC.

What I was saying is that if this Longstop Tunisia DLC were attached to the GTOS series instead of the GTMF game what you would have potentially is a Tunisian map if used in conjunction with the Shield of the Prophet force mix to create quick battles or maybe even a campaign scenario to depict battles fought in the Golan Heights in 1973.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »

I think we are on same page on 80 percent of what you said here.  I would NOT use longstop as clone of 73 war

I think you missed my point here Smiley

I wasn't advocating that you change direction and offer your Tunisian project up as a Arab vs Israeli type DLC.

What I was saying is that if this Longstop Tunisia DLC were attached to the GTOS series instead of the GTMF game what you would have potentially is a Tunisian map if used in conjunction with the Shield of the Prophet force mix to create quick battles or maybe even a campaign scenario to depict battles fought in the Golan Heights in 1973.

No I got that....  I like actual land made from real world data.  As to waht the heck longstop goes into..  I have no idea.  BUt APOS is a GOOD bet...I mean GTOS.  As it is in my copy now.  Cheesy  just not done. 

And of course the end user can do whatever they LIKE.  Cheesy  But oooooooo the suez crossing and Yom kippur OOOOJHJJ SO sweet....... War gamers wet dream IMO

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:10:45 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

Hmmm you know if publishers will not touch...........  maybe we GRAVI modder types can do.  When time is right and more folks are making stuff......  Ya that could work too..  Oh and Whukid gets back from Marine corp brain washing.....   He went reserves..  If he shipped out yet.. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »

Yah,the Chinese farm(actually Japanese) battle would be an excellent battle for this series 8)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »

M51 SUPER SHERMANS! Tongue

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »

Hmmm you know if publishers will not touch...........  maybe we GRAVI modder types can do.  When time is right and more folks are making stuff......  Ya that could work too..  Oh and Whukid gets back from Marine corp brain washing.....   He went reserves [Active]..  If he shipped out yet.. 

No, not yet. May 6th is when I leave Grin The reason it moved back so far was because I did a component change while I was in the DEP. Hopefully I'll be back in August

When I get back though I'll try my best to help do a proper Israeli mod. Mine was kind've bubble gum and duct tape Tongue

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »

Hmmm you know if publishers will not touch...........  maybe we GRAVI modder types can do.  When time is right and more folks are making stuff......  Ya that could work too..  Oh and Whukid gets back from Marine corp brain washing.....   He went reserves [Active]..  If he shipped out yet.. 

No, not yet. May 6th is when I leave Grin The reason it moved back so far was because I did a component change while I was in the DEP. Hopefully I'll be back in August

When I get back though I'll try my best to help do a proper Israeli mod. Mine was kind've bubble gum and duct tape Tongue

WEll I still got to make freaken Us army in ww2.  Taking brake......after that is done for something a bit different.  That is good idea.  And my being all open on forums...maybe others deside to invest time in learning to mod game. 

Oh and I KNOW I will want to do more in Tunisia after longstop...  As it is 90 percent infantry......  i think folks will go wheres the tank/combined arm fights.  Cheesy  Now if SOMEHOW I could eek out a living doing this.... 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:23:13 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: