Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 05:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Project golf course.....well thats what it looks like right now.  (Read 95219 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »

#4 is a something like P38 lightning in glorious destroyable format and same for stuka if I can manage it.

So we won't see airplanes mow down an entire forest? Cheesy

LOL someday I hope.  If gravi does not get to it i will sooner or later.  LOL

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:47 PM »

Are you planning on making this stuff transferrable between APOS and SABOW?

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

Are you planning on making this stuff transferrable between APOS and SABOW?

Not a clue but freaken cool as POOP if we could.  Some may make an appearance......who knows. 

I was hoping to get the basics of m1911 and the M1918 BAR done today, but its looking like only the m1911 due to people bugging me to death today.  Cheesy

Still basic LOD 1 's to do m1 carbine, m1 garand, and bar.  then refine the crap out of models and texture.  At least untill those maps I ordered from British Libary show up.  Hurry up YOU!

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »

Well getting there but my head feels like its going to explode.  Finish basic lod 1 of this thing tomorrow.  Maybe m1 carbine next.  Cheesy

WOw that screen of m1911a1 looks like CRAP.  it looks better in sudo person.  LOL
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:46:50 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »

#3 is vehicles like m4a1 sherman and half track types.  But for Longstop battle area really not needed.  Apos has m3 stuart allready so that is something.

Do you need some help with 3D stuff? I could work on some tank/ht but not on 2d textures, as modeler I use fragMOTION.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 08:24:09 PM »

#3 is vehicles like m4a1 sherman and half track types.  But for Longstop battle area really not needed.  Apos has m3 stuart allready so that is something.

Do you need some help with 3D stuff? I could work on some tank/ht but not on 2d textures, as modeler I use fragMOTION.

There is a possiblitly later.  Right now we have it handled, but later there is a possiblily of me screaming help!  Cheesy  Its still vary early in project after all. 

Had a set back with maps.  British liberary has maps in there LOndon branch (I looked at cat. in Yorkshire which said the had it) but prohibitly expensive for me on by current budget.  THe 2 sheets I need look to be about 60 pounds each for them to scan.  Thats like 240 bucks or somthing.  ARGH!  So now looking for US versions or those maps in a univercity libary that hopefully does not stick it to you for a old scanned maps.  In the mean time.........get you propagada on!

http://archive.org/details/gov.archives.arc.38951

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »

More propaganda.   Tongue Tongue

This old color ww2 footage is great if you have not seen it.  And P38's are sexy and I dont care if you think otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=U-NrWY1N69w

This one has special meaning for me with all the dang maps.  I am looking all over earth for them.  Found them at British libabry but WAY to much money for a scan version.  Called a few colleges as well but issues that way.  Now have inquire at the US libary of Congress.  hopefully they dont charge  zillion dollars for a scanned map.  Cheesy

This one is one of the first fights between US and Germans armor.  Before the Germans did a massive counter attack a few days later.....

the end of the last.  What interesting is this series of new reels stops after this.  As this is when the real fighting started.  It was bloody.  Not for the new reels. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:53:05 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 04:56:56 AM »

Completed LOD1 SMG with mangled smoothing groups (do not give a crap about that right now), unwrapped ready for a normal map and textures.  Cheesy

BTW.  I am vary interested in feed back from the APOS crowd as to project.  With WW2 fans it can be crazy as each person has differing favorite periods on war.  Which sounds vary sick indeed.  Cheesy  But you know what I mean.  For me I find the opening of direct hostilies between Green US forces and Germany the source of much personal interest.  And further more, Northern Tunsia in game land is always depicted as some sort of massive desert.  Which it most certainly is not.  Rolling hills with dead space with massive grassland, oak trees and even pines.  It is closer to Italy than some massive egyptian desert.  Although Southern Tunsia is closer to that mind set than Northern.  But even there it is hilly and infact was more a war of the hills than anything else. 

Personally I feel the Graviteam APOS way of going about doing legit historical battles is miles beyond other simular titles, hense this project.  Right now just 2 guys with a crazy vision.  Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:46:30 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »

Flash, I'm very interested in this project.  I would certainly pay a small sum for an expansion, as long as Andrey and Co. are happy with that.  I know your modding reputation and I'm sure this will be a superb piece of work.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 09:16:22 AM »

I like Tunisian theatre, a question: APOS engine could manage the M3 Grant/Lee two guns?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »

I like Tunisian theatre, a question: APOS engine could manage the M3 Grant/Lee two guns?
APOS (now GTOS) engine could manage infinite count of heads and guns in any variants.
You can see this for Marder 3H or any medium tank (2 heads each have a gun), KV-1 tanks (1 head + 1 gun and 1 head + 3 guns) or Sdkfz251/2 APCs (two guns each in his head in different directions), or Universal Carrier (three guns each in different head in same direction).
M3 medium tank scheme is simplest compared with KV-1 or Sdkfz251/2 schemes. All heads and guns in one direction.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:18:12 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »

Flash, I'm very interested in this project.  I would certainly pay a small sum for an expansion, as long as Andrey and Co. are happy with that.  I know your modding reputation and I'm sure this will be a superb piece of work.

Ok that will be 400 dollars and include a sexy nakers pic of me.   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Huh?

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »

Ok that will be 400 dollars and include a sexy nakers pic of me.   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Huh?

$150 and we have a deal Cheesy

It has to be of the Golan Heights though..

Cheesy

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »

Normal map and mesh just needs final tweeks and then this little low poly guy is ready to texture.  Cheesy

To whukid...........yes someday......... Grin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:09:35 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 01:46:58 AM »

Well crap I have exceeded my polygon budget for the BAR.  1200 triangle would work fine if m1918 type.  As I am modeling the m1918a2 type allready exceeded 1500 triangles.  POOOP!  I first thought it would end up below 1400 now it looks like 1600.  Oh what to do?

My stupid over polygon budget BAR M1918a2 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:24:53 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 03:31:29 AM »

Too much detail Flashburn! The majority of the time, you're never even going to see the rifles. Most of that super fine detailing can be textured in, for example the lug nuts on the bipod and the double chin on the handguard. It looks good enough to be in RO2 Tongue

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:40 AM »

Too much detail Flashburn! The majority of the time, you're never even going to see the rifles. Most of that super fine detailing can be textured in, for example the lug nuts on the bipod and the double chin on the handguard. It looks good enough to be in RO2 Tongue

Oh the wingnuts are over kill.......LOL  the reciever bulge would look all wonky in texture only.  And that adds little to polycount.  As far as a modern FPS.  Its 1000 triangle less easily.  But yes.....while making this set I am attempting to get them close enough to the high end in APOS that in can do just in case I need them later in other projects.  Its all the dang tubes thats really doing it.  I will have to go back and simplify some stuff.  But SABOW's M60 mg was well over 2000 triangles.  Tongue  As the BAR is a support weapon it might be ok.  Probably ever 1 in 12 guy on the screen would have the dang thing and with good LOD can probably mitigate this.  Still ugh. 

M1911a1 tweeked, complete and unwrapped and ready for textures.  Was going to do this with the BAR but am angry at it right now.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:36:30 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »

There is something screwie with this model of mine.  I just cant put my finger on it. 

If anyone can spot what the heck i did wrong on proportions please let me know.  Something is off, but unsure what.  And no, the normal map is not complete.   Tongue
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:14:00 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »

Well, you're missing the hole in the slide which allows the shell to be ejected from the chamber and the corner of the slide above where it meets the frame is alittle dark for some reason, but other than that it doesn't seem to be that off.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »

Was a attempting to do m1 garand in low poly with a bit O bling here and there.  Its ugly and hurts my face.  Cheesy

Just finishing up the M1 garand for this project.  Well the shadow looks good.   Cheesy

Added in another 200 or so triangles.  Much better.  Cheesy 

1 more boom stick and Ill have all the US weapons of 42/43 small arms inprogess.  Cheesy  i feel wierd Red army soldiers testing US weapons in a couple weeks.  Cheesy

One last one.  Went through and got rid of every pesky un-needed polygon. 

UGH.  after walking away for a few hours and returning to look at this thing........well it needs a little more refinement in receiver area.  AH well.  Cheesy  So long as it does not get over 1000 triangles I guess.  Make it back with good LOD's i suppose. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:18:52 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: