Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 03:00:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project golf course.....well thats what it looks like right now.  (Read 95216 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »

Grin Grin

Yes,I think we would all love the chance to turn our favorite hobbies into a modest income that at least paid the bills.
I certainly would jump at an opportunity like that if it presented itself.Alas..... Sad
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »

ya always the dream right?  LOL.  likly end up working for some guys making zombies ninjas or something equally pointless.   Wait I mean I LOVE ZOMBIE NINJAS....they are LIKE SO awesome N stuff.

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43:12 PM »

Ya,that's what I tell my boss"I like it here,I love it here....,bullsh*********" Grin Grin

Now on the other hand if I were say a Playboy photographer I would probably skip to work every day with a huge grin on my face and there would be no need to hide my true feelings about the job.Ya,like I would be able to ... Grin
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:14:32 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »

OK.........I have played new shield of prophet DLC now.  I am not going to lie.  It has shaken my faith in LOngstop project.  Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread.. WELL NO.  BUt it represents a departure from normal Graviteam games.  I like and love normal graviteam games:D.  Prophet DLC I guess is more of a market testing thing than everyting else.  Thing is....I am becoming to beleave that it OR something else could have MORE market appeal in the west.   It is MUCH more fast paced due to open armored combat.  The land form is VARY accessable to new players while still allowing old hands to get MAX out of folds of earth.  It is still VARY much good old GTOS/APOS whatever.....but I think ALOT more accessable to new players. 

SO why has it shaken longstop for me?  I can see the writing on the wall.  When this gets released I forsee ALOT of folks going why not ARab ISreal wars.. Why ficticious..etc etc.  NOW why fake was pretty NO brainer....  They had assest of Irans army....They had assets of Red army.  COMPLETE DONE READY.  NO BRAINER>>>>  It is more or less sort of like what I attempted to do for SABOW in Crescent moon..... an ANALOGY of EAST/WEST conflict using armored forces.  I have to say...I have played 3 battles and its a DIFFERENT sort of GTOS fun.  But this formula screams!  SCREAMS! 73 war all over it to me.  ANd I think there is more market appeal there..  I have to ask myself would time be better spent making something in 73 war than longstop? I want BOTH DAMNIT .  Cheesy  and natural progression going from one to the other due to vehicles and assets. 

But also the armored fights in medjez valley ALSO DUE to this DLC also could have more apeal etc etc.. 

So given 1 choice what would you prefer...  This is just me going AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  ererrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Or both Please I could use feed back here.  Krabb thinks I am nuts...  Andrey and gravi are not keen on 73 war.  I think this maybe a bit of east west difference and perception of things within war gamer sorts.  Over all I still thing WW2 in game land precents NATURAL built in game balance more than not...  But mixing it up now and then is good for the soul lol. 

I am also going to be conducting an unscientific test on an intelligent 17 year old Amercian male test subject of new DLC.  He has never played APOS or GTOS.  SABOW was destroying him so bad due to typical gamer mentality....just go forth and kill sort of thing..  In sabow you where handed your ass if you tried that.  Why he is my test subject.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:36:54 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »

My 2 cents.

Please finish Longstop first.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

My 2 cents.

Please finish Longstop first.

I am having knee jerk reaction..

Honesly the same sort of formula could work well with ww2 US VS german.  Just not well in longstop.  It was designed and envisioned as close infantry fight as per history with some armored elements....like history.  An in you face slug fest brawl really.  It is GOOD concept..  I know it is.... And once complete....I have to think what to do next IF a next.  DO I make US army ARMOR UK armor ww2?   Do I switch over for a bit and go make the IDF?  Likly expanding to the massive armored and mech infantry fight that happened around DCE 10 42 makes most ence after longstop....  THIS makes most sence as the hold up with longstop is the lack of assets and of course LEARNING the editor  Cheesy   need to offload some of my work load onto some unsuspecting chump.   Tongue  But 1 or 2 more small things I want to do for prophet.  Also fills holes in my exploding portfolio.  Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

I like the idea of Tunisia in 42.

The terrain the forces involved and the unique limitations both sides were suffering with make it a very good concept for a game,especially for anyone with a deep understanding of military history.

Another thing is I find the small campaigns more interesting than the huge bar brawl ones.I notice when I have too many forces to manage a lot of the close in graphic detail that makes this game so enjoyable for me gets lost and overlooked due to the fact I spend most of my time during the battles with the camera high up over the battlefield so as to better manage all the forces in play.The small infantry campaigns are much more exciting and intimate.

With that said,I think an Arab Israeli DLC would do great also and I'm all for it.It seems there is a decent interest in the modern stuff according to Andrey on the Sukhoi forums He mentioned that Hooper did better than any of the WW2 DLCs.Go figure! Huh?
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2013, 07:46:38 PM »

Well Flashburn,
Model me a Wespe platoon for quick battles, and get rid of that damned blue box from around selected units,
Then tell me where to send the cheque!!

Im with Dane49.
Holding my breath for Longstop.
Its looking good! Grin
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »

I left click my mouse button and it gets rid of the blue box immediately.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »

yes I had faith rattled.  Prophet is good.  Map is simple in comparision to longstop or well anything gravi has done before.  BUT somehow I really like the whole thing alot.  BUt open desert in sand storm........UGH.  MEsses with me.  But they where smart and picked area that has depressions and are in middle of map. 

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »

Ha ha ha,
Its been the one and only thing thats really bugged me about this game, theres no option to turn it off!
If you want to see what unit youve chosen, squad lock and take a look!
Its just a personal thing.
Dont say anything Andrey, i know! Grin

I really hope Flashburn finishes Longstop.
Im liking the thought of infantry v infantry, with just MGs, mortors, and a small amount of light armour.
And his map looked amazing.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »

OMFG DCS may have released UH1 flight sim.  Great that is on my MUST have list.  GREAT MORE DISTRACTIONS>   Tongue  But if time is between tactical game and SIM.... and sim is good.....sim wins.   Undecided  What is MORE interesting is that the UH1 guy is a 3rd party user made deal with official DCS (eagle dynamics) support.  HINT HINT..........  How to get assets for sims perhaps when funding is LOW.  3rd party makes....works with DEVs....3rd party gets cash on on the back end.  Although probably a 1 or 2 off as when they see time VS money they go........fast food chain pays better.  OR maybe it makes money wise.   Undecided  Well USER DEV gets a shiny flying around UH1 and a buck 50 I guess.  Now where is the AH1 to go with it.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:10:40 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »

I guess it's time to finish up some of these projects so you have a healthy resume to throw their way.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:28:24 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »

I guess it's time to finish up some of these project so you have a healthy resume to throw their way.

Hmmm no way.  Me tank and vehicle guy....not go off and try and make flight sim planes.  OOOHHH not stepping into that. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2013, 03:37:39 AM »

Read a vary intersting article on the US 37mm gun today.  The Red Army tested the thing againt captured German armor.  There conclusion was that in was probably the best of the 37-40mm guns around.  Able to punch threw a suprising amount of armor and decent range (for this gun type).  Well it bares out testing I did with pz3 Vs stuart light tanks.  Both are vary much able to kill each other under a 1000 meter ranges.  Of course more closer.  Although the US 37mm gun and shell where based off the German 37mm, they made the shell bottle necked for more powder.  It gets a 400 fps boost over the german model.  Of course everything else but speed is better on the PZ3. 

I have GOT to get back to this project....  Just all these DLC's popping out from graviteam sort of sucked my motivation right now.  Currently working on something slowly that is NOT longstop.  It will be cool and all but not Longstop.  SIGH.   Undecided

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2013, 05:47:15 AM »

I am hitting the pause button on this project.  real world issues have forced this decision on me.  I need work BAD.  I also want to work in game production.  Local studios which I feel I have the best shot at want Unreal engine knowledge.  This is something I do not have.  I have been trying to come up with some solution and the best I can think up is to remake an FPS version of longstop in RO2/rising storm.  Not my 1st choice but uses unreal and has assets needed.  It also may allow assets I make for LONGSTOP fps to be reused for longstop GTOS here (I HOPE).  This is the best solution I can think up.  Longstop and Tunisia IMO are a ntaural for western market GTOS game.  I really beleave in it.  The early builds where I threw around vehicles where good.  Vary good IMO.  I could slap together something quickly and release map but I still hope for my true vision of what it could be.  Its not there.  By hitting pause and getting the check mark on portfolio I hope to hit 2 birds with 1 stone. 

I love what graviteam does.  Their games are 1st rate.  With more polish on UI and figuring out way (NOT EASY) to make more accessible to main stream folks they could really make a dent in market IMO.  But I must face facts and get stupid skills required by local employers.  Beleave me.... I would MUCH rather make longstop, US/UK armor and weapons, destroyable aircraft, spaa guns.  In fact my hard drive is exploding with referance stuff.  To be frank it is a sad time in game production.  The player base seems to be getting more stupid and uses less brains.  The big studios are making garbage and the distribution systems are stacked up against small guys.   The only GOOD thing is computer power is SO much more now.  Alas misused on crap IMO. 

If I can not return to my baby longstop I will come up with something to get it out there in some form.  But in current state it does NOT full fill my vision.  I hope in coming months something will switch.  This is good project.  But half assed is worse than not at all.  At least for now. 

Another possible thing is to wait for mius...  Gives me time to fix dumb life issues. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: