Graviteam
May 01, 2024, 11:16:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mortars and Wire comms issues and Alpha patch Questions??  (Read 2487 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: December 23, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »

This was brought up at matrix and as far as I can remember I never had a problem with getting mortars to fire..I'm sure i just gave them an indirect fire order...now though the indirect fire order is blanked out only the HQ's isn't..Just had a battle where I gave the HQ unit an indirect fire order fot eh Cpy mortars and they never fired one round...

Also If a platoon has a mortar with it again now there is no direct fire as it's shaded out do you have to give the HQ the indirect fire order? To me it certainly seems like it doesn't work aswell as it used to making mortars I feel abit defunct at the moment. Finally everytime I get is it 5cm or 3 cm mortars for the Germans they never have any ammo what so ever.

Off map arty using the TRP points is fine but on map mortar fire has become hard work..I suffered lots of casualties because no matter what I seemed to do the coy mortar platoon consisting of about 5, 8 cm mortars never fired a shot..even when I gave the HQ an indirect fire order..does the HQ need LOS for indirect fire now?

Maybe it's to do with the new wire communication which also has added a PITA in my opinion..they constantly keep running off to lay wires and run across the path or into the enemy when I really don't want them to move..at the moment I did prefer the old way, unless we get more control or maybe some more radios at least. I thought mainly wire laying was for when units where dug in on the defense usually along trench systems..or if back to the art or HQ buried deep enough only heavy HE would break the line. I'd rather ther ebe runners that hwere abstracted rather than on map and or something, this wire communication and the need of it all the time seems odd..did they really have to keep sending out a man with wire everytime a squad moved position?? I'm still abit unsure what the new info icons mean or why some are different colours..some are obvious others not so like the yellow down pointing arrow and why what I think are icons say the unit can hear something why they are different colours etc.

One last thing not patch related really..did the Germans really have no real anti tank measure with in a platoon\squad? When where the panzerfausts and panzerchecks issued? At the moment tow or three tanks can just decimate your troops and you have no reply and this happens a fair bit in operations making it highly frustrating and at times you wonder if it's even worth carrying on. The odd time and I mean once every blue moon the inf may throw a demo charge or grenade bundle (do they have them?) at a tank and it take sit out, but that usually never happens even when the tank is surrounded by your inf. I've been playing the other game recently which also has Inf issues..and I'm not sure at the moment which one I find the most frustrating when at one point I thought AP was ahead in that department. So often I see Inf doing nothing at all even when the enemy s in plain sight or you hav eabout four inf right next to an enemy tank and they do nothing to try and disable it even just wait until MG's down..
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »

Citation from patch note:
"Known issues:
1) Does not work wire communications for German artillery and mortar batteries
2) Do not work link through wire communications by APC (again, for the Germans)"

Maybe this is the reason?

Use soviet mortars
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:53:23 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: