Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 04:40:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is a good manual important for the next tactical sim of Graviteam ?
Yes, Graviteam should invest the resources necessary to release their next tactical sim with a good english manual. A good manual is very important for this game. - 28 (82.4%)
No, Graviteam should not invest resources in a manual. It is better to invest all the resources available in the game itself. - 5 (14.7%)
I am not sure. - 1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Manual for Graviteam Tactics ??  (Read 42995 times)
Txema
Generalmajor

« on: January 14, 2013, 11:52:57 PM »

It seems that there are different opinions about the convenience of releasing the next tactical sim of Graviteam (Graviteam Tactics) with or without a good manual.

Let's see the opinions of the APOS players !!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 06:04:55 AM »

A good manual is needed imo. But I understand most of it even if it took a good while to grasp. Not sure if they will though especially how quick and often they change things.
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »

Looks like there are 14 people playing APOS Wink It could be worse ;P
budd
Major

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »

It needs at least a pdf or something to list all the controls and things you can do. when i step away from the game for a bit there is always something i forget how to do and have look it up in the threads, this time it was separating the men from the APC's. Just something that is constantly updated when things are added on how to do things. I'm fine figuring out the rest, of course new players might not be and give up in frustration which is what i did when i first played the 1st games demo. glad i came back to the game and stuck with it, it's a hell of a good game. Thanks for working to improve it and i imagine i will be buying any expansions and new games.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »

I can't say it better than budd did.  I agree with all of his statement.

Shogun2, brought out in 2010, has no manual, that I can find anyway.  It has tutorials, tool tips, an advisor, and an encyclopedia in game.  Could any of those be easily consulted to tell me how to embark and disembark troops from a ship?  No, I had to search on line and google it.  An indexed manual would have easily answered that.

Bring back 3D markers!
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »

An english manual would hopefully support the penetration into the western marketplace. And because APOS is so good, I wish, it would be well known also there.
seamount
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:59:01 AM »

i think a good manual would be great to win many western people. 

and one tutorial battle ala Combat Mission; we need it to really enjoy the game

it could be time consuming but it could reward many new customers
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »

THIS is funny.............  Yesterday (not sure If I am suppose to say this as primarliy his baby) Krabb started a wiki for GT series.  NO content yet.  ONe thing we want to do is this.  AS well as some tactical type stuff.   Tongue  He is doing in English first then Russian.  WEll that is the plan anyone.  Cheesy

WEll when I say WE I mean HE.  I will be just helping along with English.   Wink
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:23:18 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:18 AM »

What!  His spelling is better than yours Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 09:36:11 AM »

What!  His spelling is better than yours Grin

LOL PUBLIC SCHOOL.  HAY I CHOOSE TO BE LAZY N' STUFF  and FAT beef fingers fingers TOO>  WHERES MY MAN KEY BOARD.  Ya I am crap speller in my native English  In make NO FREAKEN SENSE.  LOL  Oddly in high school German I did better.  FORGOT 99.9 percent of it Tongue  AND real shock........  in college Russian, apart from bad grammer and issues with genders of words.....I could spell.  GO FIGURE!  And forgot 95.9 percent of that. HA!

Oh then on my Klingon.......er stupid phrases of Arabic.  Well no I idea but stop you car does not got far. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:37:59 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »

German is easy to spell it spells like it sounds.Too many damn French words in English language that make spelling more difficult.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

German is easy to spell it spells like it sounds.Too many damn French words in English language that make spelling more difficult.

American English also is MORE daft than ENGLISH ENGLISH.  Except zed er Z  wtf is that? 

Yabba dabba do
budd
Major

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »

is there a link to the wiki yet? Heck i just want something to explain all that you can with all those buttons Grin I like some explanation of the new stuff, like the AI control of troops, the new arty stuff and comm stuff and don't want to have to look thru alot of different threads to find it. If i disable the new command system in options do i still get the wire and phone stuff and the new arty method? I'd like to use the new order system but like it explained in finer detail. when the eyeball thing is checked is that AI control, can i put all the troops under AI control and just watch? am i the on map boss and give general orders and the AI controled troops work out the details? I played a little of the last beta and the AI troops didn't seem that effective, except in dying. I probably wasn't doing something right im sure, hence the reason for documentation....Wow was that a mini-rant Wink
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »

No manual or the kind of manual APK43 got is a barrier to sales & generates bad feeling amongst the 'less determined' purchasers.  Especially if they don't know Russian Smiley

Being a war sim fan I already know that the first few times I play a game I will be totally thrashed, manual or no  Grin
The uninitiated tend to react badly to that.  You only have to read the negative press ToW got from users who didn't take time to grasp/see it's possibilities to see how it can go even with 'decent' documentation.

I think the current idea of in-game help that can be updated with each content update is an optimal strategy.  I think the next step would be to actively link to an online pdf/specific forum section where updated info can be easily sourced.  Maybe issue electronic addenda &/or updated pages for those who want an up to date hard-copy.  That way a user can easily update a print-out if desired.

The forum is vital for newbies so why not fully exploit the possibilities for manual discussion & dissemination?  (Effectively jointly updating the manual with the experienced players+GT staff in 'real-time'.)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »

American English also is MORE daft than ENGLISH ENGLISH.  Except zed er Z  wtf is that? 

No it's not.  It's more efficient.  Brit English is always adding extraneous letters and backwards spellings.  No wonder we had to have a revolution.

Bring back 3D markers!
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 02:32:21 AM »

No it's not.  It's more efficient.  Brit English is always adding extraneous letters and backwards spellings.  No wonder we had to have a revolution.

Rubbish!! .. Americans are destroying the English language. They keep removing letters as it makes it easier for them to spell, .. and even though it would technically change the pronunciation, .. they still pronounce it the same.  Huh? e.g. colour = color, rumour = rumor etc..

.. and as for pronunciation. How does .. solder .. get pronounced as .. sod -der. Crazy!!. Yet they correctly pronounce .. soldierHuh?

Let's NOT forget that the English language was around, .. long before America even existed.

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »

solder is miss spelled EVEN in Americian crazy English

Yabba dabba do
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »

Staying OT -
GB English shows the history of a mish-mash of conquerers/immigrants collective languages evolving over centuries.

US English is similar, the difference is that Independent American history, being written by the victors of 1776-83, was triumphantly misspelled.  Tongue
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 04:35:30 PM »

Gloriously liberated I say chashka. 
Talking about mispronunciation, how can you pronounce centre and theatre as center and theater when by spelling, they should be pronounced cen-tray and thea-tray?

And why is labor spelled labour but laboratory is missing the u in Britain?  Can it be that Britannia secretly wants to become more Americanized but she has a split personality which induces her to hang on to those old Norman affectations? Wink
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:45:05 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »

OR saxon thing.....................  Silly sort of German folks........

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: