Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 02:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is a good manual important for the next tactical sim of Graviteam ?
Yes, Graviteam should invest the resources necessary to release their next tactical sim with a good english manual. A good manual is very important for this game. - 28 (82.4%)
No, Graviteam should not invest resources in a manual. It is better to invest all the resources available in the game itself. - 5 (14.7%)
I am not sure. - 1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manual for Graviteam Tactics ??  (Read 42994 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »

Another question:

What do the different colors of the flares mean?

Ingame help chapter 3.6.5

P.S. I can not understand. But why do we need manual if no one will ever read? Why vote for him as many players?  Huh?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »

Another question:

P.S. I can not understand. But why do we need manual if no one will ever read? Why vote for him as many players?  Huh?

Late Ipad reading?   Tongue  I think alot of folks turned off and kept off tutorial mod. 

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »

Another question:

Late Ipad reading?   Tongue  I think alot of folks turned off and kept off tutorial mod. 

We make specially - enable help not have to climb anywhere. Click on the button, select the chapter, look, turned off.
Like nothing happened  Roll Eyes

Well, okay, there's an old manual that and about the flares and about same lines told with pictures and in PDF.

It has long been checked, no one reads manuals  Grin. Therefore, I propose to keep moving to more sophisticated means of communicating from gema to player: built in assistant and a simplified interface. This is the only promising way.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »

Or maybe a neural implant?!, after all we all know that Graviteam are using captured Alien technology!. Cheesy

Then cut out the middle man Smiley

The truth is out there Cheesy

Regards

Aces

PS. If you wish to avoid the shame of not being able to afford the required surgery then you could always hang a few blue LED Christmas tree lights from your head and nobody would be any the wiser Wink.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:50:00 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »

Another question:

We make specially - enable help not have to climb anywhere. Click on the button, select the chapter, look, turned off.
Like nothing happened  Roll Eyes

Well, okay, there's an old manual that and about the flares and about same lines told with pictures and in PDF.

It has long been checked, no one reads manuals  Grin. Therefore, I propose to keep moving to more sophisticated means of communicating from gema to player: built in assistant and a simplified interface. This is the only promising way.
Am I no one?  I feel marginalized now Andrey.   Grin I read manuals.  You don't wish to make them because you don't have the time or manpower to do it correctly, not because no one reads them.  The supposition that no one reads them is wishful thinking on your part that makes it easier to dismiss the need for proper documentation.  The in game help is a start but it needs improvement, as I've pointed out in another post.

Bring back 3D markers!
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »

Hi Tanker,

I feel you pain man, were all here for you buddy Smiley

Cheers

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »

Andrey

I am sorry for my question on the flares. You are right, it was answered on the in-game help and I had not noticed it. Sorry again.

But I do read manuals and a lot of wargamers do read them. That is the reason that explains why so many players are asking for them in the forums. Plain and simple.

Your main competitor (combat mission) does have an excellent manual and I am sure that the excellent documentation is an important advantage for that game for a lot of wargamers. Now 80% of your fans is telling you that a good manual is very important for your game. I think that it would be wise to take into account the opinion of your fans that are only trying to improve the game experience. The vast majority of us think that the in-game help is good but it is clearly not enough. The vast majority of us is asking for more documentation. In our opinion the game experience would improve noticeably if you devote resources to produce good documentation.

Txema
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »

Hi Tanker,

I feel you pain man, were all here for you buddy Smiley

Cheers

Aces

LOL, I feel better already.  It takes a village.  Ukranians are just unfeeling meanies.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:02:39 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »

Am I no one?  I feel marginalized now Andrey.   Grin I read manuals. 
This is a figure of speech. Not aimed at anyone in particular, just the result of years of observation.

You don't wish to make them because you don't have the time or manpower to do it correctly, not because no one reads them.  The supposition that no one reads them is wishful thinking on your part that makes it easier to dismiss the need for proper documentation. 
We make games, and do not write books or articles in journals and manuals. That is our choice. Therefore, as I said, and you now finally agreed with me  Cheesy, manual is not at all - it is not effective.

The in game help is a start but it needs improvement, as I've pointed out in another post.
What you wrote in the previous post, it is not necessary, since it is not an improvement.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »

Making a help topic more understandable in English is not an improvement?  Well blow me down mate. 

I'm not sure how you came to believe that I agree with you on the manual, but I don't Smiley  Nobody is suggesting that Graviteam emulate Tolstoy, but only that you should write enough to make your game more easily accessible to new comers.  That would be an improvement.  I'm sure Graviteam desires improvements.

You've been made aware that some of the English translations in the help topics are not quite right and are confusing, and you have stated that that is inevitable because you don't have any native English speakers on staff.  Then you say that the offer of helpful suggestions for correcting these errors by a native English speaker is not an improvement.  That is very puzzling.  Maybe it is a language barrier problem, and we just don't understand each other.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:41:09 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »

Making a help topic more understandable in English is not an improvement? 
That's not what I meant. Yes, of course it is a necessary improvement.

I'm not sure how you came to believe that I agree with you on the manual, but I don't Smiley
Well, you write that manual incomprehensible, yes?, so it can not be used. Ok, let it be a reason why it is not needed  Wink.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »

Sorry Andrey I edited my post while you were posting.

Any way, if you would find it useful, I could post screen shots of the help topics I find poorly worded in English along with suggested changes.  Then you could decide if you wished to use them.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:17 PM »

ALAS..........Andrey's universal translator does a poor job on translating humor, irony, etc....  Like when I said go make me hooper.....  Was joke.  Think he needs Scotty to go fix that crap before intergalatic misunderstanding.  Shocked Tongue  ALIENS!

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »

Any way, if you would find it useful, I could post screen shots of the help topics I find poorly worded in English along with suggested changes.  Then you could decide if you wished to use them.

Texts are now in a state (I hope) to improve the translation, by one of the English-speaking fans of the game. So while I would not change them now.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »

ALAS..........Andrey's universal translator does a poor job on translating humor, irony, etc....

In the opposite direction it works just as bad in this cases, judging by the fact that I meet in posts here  Grin.

Like when I said go make me hooper..... Was joke.
Jokes at this level understandable without translation with the dictionary  Cheesy.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »

Texts are now in a state (I hope) to improve the translation, by one of the English-speaking fans of the game. So while I would not change them now.

Sounds good.  Can't wait to see the results.

Bring back 3D markers!
seamount
Oberleutnant

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2013, 09:06:13 AM »

well, just to say that I read mauals too, i read 100 pages of CM manuals ... and i am happy to do it because i am not a "casual" player, so if i want to "invest" my valuable time in a "game" i want to enjoy it at the most ...

i think you have to distinguish between your customers: are they "casual" players, like those of comapny of heroes etc ? they do not want to wast time to undestand details, they just want a fast game experience !

are they niche player/wargamers with interest in the topics ? they want to play a simulation-games, they would like to have a realistic experience (you can't have a real experience in wwii without real blood ...) you want to understand and "study" ... those people also like to read history books, strategy books, and no problem reading manuals, if you are interested in the topic, it's a pleasure to read about it

i like the game, i would like it more if i understand everything about it, with online help, screen help, manuals etc .... just need to know how it works in depth ... to better enjoy it Smiley

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »

Manual!, I don't need no stinking manual, bring 'em on!, oh, hang on, on second thoughts this doesn't look too good!. Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: