Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 10:46:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Track repair  (Read 8365 times)
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« on: February 24, 2013, 03:38:06 AM »

I recently purchased Steel Fury from Amazon (Strategy First version). JSGME was already installed and unofficial_patch_v0.1_eng was activated. However, when I press the "T" key, crewmen still bailout and start repairing treads. I though this patch disabled track repair.  Is the Strategy First version different than other publishers? Am I doing something wrong.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:19:36 AM »

Yeah. Never, ever press T. The tread repair function is bugged and will just immobilise you for the rest of the mission. If you'd like your treads to be repaired if you're immobilised, find and enable the menu option named 'Auto tread repair' or somesuch.
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 04:42:32 AM »

Kapula,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll stay away from the T key.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »

If the unofficial patch is installed correctly you shouldnt throw the tracks (one of the buggs that is fixed in the patch), T and Y is for rotating periscopes and those are needed if you play in interior views =)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:41:23 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »

And that too, yeah, I had the feeling I'd missed something. But if the guys get out and start going at the tread, it usually means something somewhere isn't working as intended Cheesy
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 01:23:51 AM »

How do I know if the patch is "installed correctly"? I deactivated the patch and then re-activated it. I still have the "T" key problem. Could the problem be with Strategy First version of the game?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:37:06 AM »

How do I know if the patch is "installed correctly"? I deactivated the patch and then re-activated it. I still have the "T" key problem. Could the problem be with Strategy First version of the game?

One of the tell-tale signs is the existence of 10 'user-made' missions, featuring extra maps not normally available. This was 'patched out' in the Unofficial Patch.

Some users also had a problem seeing the gunsight markings for the Panzer IV, which was corrected with the patch.

If the problems persist, you could download the unofficial patch again and activate it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:38:55 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:17:21 AM »

Ok, I DO have 10 user made missions. So if I understand correctly the unofficial patch is not installed. I'll try to find anothe patch.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 03:34:04 AM »

Ok, I DO have 10 user made missions. So if I understand correctly the unofficial patch is not installed. I'll try to find anothe patch.

I forgot to mention, take care to avoid the famous 'double folder' problem.

JSGME user guide, page 7:
http://www.4shared.com/office/Psv9a0zR/JSGMEUG.html

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: