Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 03:55:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wire Communications Teams  (Read 12455 times)
benpark
Hauptmann

« on: February 12, 2013, 03:27:19 PM »

The new wire laying teams are pretty cool, but I am not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing with them? I'm assuming that I need to keep them in what I believe to be close enough proximity to the command team, and they will automatically lay the com wires. Is this the case?

Also, what are the game changes involved in this explicit wire laying- particularly between platoons?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »

The new wire laying teams are pretty cool, but I am not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing with them? I'm assuming that I need to keep them in what I believe to be close enough proximity to the command team, and they will automatically lay the com wires. Is this the case?
This teams work automatically - lay wires to subordinated commanders

Also, what are the game changes involved in this explicit wire laying- particularly between platoons?
Mostly this case is not realistic. Control in the military style do in the chain of command and communication also, ie two platoons can communicate through the company commander. Two companies through the battalion commander, etc. Not directly.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »

I must say, this is impressive. You guys have long since surpassed every other strategy/sim in terms of realism at a functioning level. I look forward to the future accomplishments Grin

All in all, the only place in SABOW and APOS that's mildly lacking is probably the graphics in terms of explosions an the like. It would be nice to see things like turrets flying off and very large holes being ripped in the sides of vehicles from internal explosions as well as a better animation for a tank round impact.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »

All in all, the only place in SABOW and APOS that's mildly lacking is probably the graphics in terms of explosions an the like. It would be nice to see things like turrets flying off and very large holes being ripped in the sides of vehicles from internal explosions as well as a better animation for a tank round impact.

Plague with "flying turrets" from Sukhoi forum coming to this forum. Oh no Roll Eyes
No flying turrets in our games, not now, not near future and not in far future. This feature is completly banned.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »

Plague with "flying turrets" from Sukhoi forum coming to this forum. Oh no Roll Eyes
No flying turrets in our games, not now, not near future and not in far future. This feature is completly banned.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:32:04 AM »

Well then, forget between platoons.  What does the wire laying animation do for me in the game or is it just pretty window dressing?  I don't understand it's practical effect.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:36:46 AM »

It did happen when there was a catastrophic explosion of ammo in the tank.  I don't know why you would consider it not possible to happen occasionally in the correct circumstances?  Is it because of the complications of calculating when a hit could cause this?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »

It did happen when there was a catastrophic explosion of ammo in the tank.  I don't know why you would consider it not possible to happen occasionally in the correct circumstances?  Is it because of the complications of calculating when a hit could cause this?
This is an opportunity of discharge - costs are not worth the result. This thing occurs very rarely, but need to do the proper modelling for inner space of all vehicles. Why do it is hard to understand.

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:04 AM »

But when tanks burn out, their ammo cooks off and everything goes flying  Sad are you sure?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »

But when tanks burn out, their ammo cooks off and everything goes flying  Sad are you sure?
No.
Explosive detonation with flying turrets is rare process. In some tank models is more often than others, but still rare.

According to statistics for the very unfortunate in this respect the T-34 mod 41 tank, approx 10% of the destroyed tanks burned, 10% from this 10% with an explosive detonation. Ie for 100 destroyed tanks in only one this effect occurs in the "best" case. For typical operation will hardly be able to knock out even 50 tanks. The purpose of modeling is not cost-efficient, as there are still more than 100500 another more frequently features that we have not modeled.

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »

So what about smaller objects, like roadwheels, gun mounts, and tracks or multiple ".ostov" variants per vehicle?

PS.

If you guys are still contemplating patches and such for SABOW, could you include either a random skin generator for different camo schemes in a platoon/company or a way to kill the occupants of APC's with a main gun round? The accounts I could find on M113's and BMP's from Vietnam and Afghanistan basically said that if you were inside when they got hit by something and caught fire, you got cooked.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »

So what about smaller objects, like roadwheels, gun mounts, and tracks
Small parts fly off from 2011. And set up in almost all vehicles if its possible.
Caterpillars are broken too from begining.

or multiple ".ostov" variants per vehicle?
This is a large complexity of with incomprehensible purposes. In the future, will remain one item to the group of similar vehicles.

If you guys are still contemplating patches and such for SABOW, could you include either a random skin generator for different camo schemes in a platoon/company or
No, "camo scheme" written in campaign description file by designer or selected in quick battle options. This still remains.

a way to kill the occupants of APC's with a main gun round? The accounts I could find on M113's and BMP's from Vietnam and Afghanistan basically said that if you were inside when they got hit by something and caught fire, you got cooked.
Troops on the top of vehicle as well as within it is destroyed / burned/ contusion / can be injured when hit by a shell, it has always been and will remain so in the future.
Of course this does not mean that all troops is always killed by any hit.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »

Well then, forget between platoons.  What does the wire laying process do for me in the game or is it just a pretty window dressing?  I don't understand it's practical effect.

Andrey, this got lost in the flying turret discussion.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 04:29:53 PM »

Well then, forget between platoons.  What does the wire laying process do for me in the game or is it just a pretty window dressing?  I don't understand it's practical effect.

Like in real life: troop control by commander and target designation. And a number of utilitarian aspects, such as the commander need not be on the front line, it can extend the wires and control troops from afar.

P.S. Use ingame help system its describe practically all things.

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

Quote from: andrey12345
P.S. Use ingame help system its describe practically all things.

Andrey, I find the in-game help system a bit confusing and non-practical because of two things (though I understand the fundemental logic in them):

1. Automatic fading of messages.
Not needed in my opinion. ''Click to continue'' is more conventional - no matter how fast or slow reader you are.

2. Help level.
I think this is unnecessary and just complicates things. Help topics is enough.

p.s. by removing help level -button you get a free slot for a new feature  Wink Grin
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »

Small parts fly off from 2011. And set up in almost all vehicles if its possible.
Caterpillars are broken too from begining.

No, no no. I mean like when the tank burns out and the ammo cooks off. Right now the Roadwheels, tracks, and hatches aren't affected by such things

No, "camo scheme" written in campaign description file by designer or selected in quick battle options. This still remains.

Fair enough.

Troops on the top of vehicle as well as within it is destroyed / burned/ contusion / can be injured when hit by a shell, it has always been and will remain so in the future.
Of course this does not mean that all troops is always killed by any hit.

Hmm. This hasn't been my experience at all. HE rounds to the rear compartment (from the rear) turn them into Roman Candles but without killing anyone. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:14:54 PM by whukid » Logged

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »

Not needed in my opinion. ''Click to continue'' is more conventional - no matter how fast or slow reader you are.
Okay.

2. Help level.
I think this is unnecessary and just complicates things. Help topics is enough.
IMHO Its optional if you dont change it, it dont touch you Smiley

p.s. by removing help level -button you get a free slot for a new feature  Wink Grin
This button already has _two_ functions if remove one - no free button.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »

No, no no. I mean like when the tank burns out and the ammo cooks off. Right now the Roadwheels, tracks, and hatches aren't affected by such things
Roadwheels and hatches may be detached in future.

Hmm. This hasn't been my experience at all. HE rounds to the rear compartment (from the rear) only turn them into Roman Candles but without killing anyone. 
In march 13 patch ?

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »

In march 13 patch ?

There's a March 13 patch for SABOW? I thought it was only for APOS

Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 03:45:32 AM »

Andrey, I find the in-game help system a bit confusing and non-practical because of two things (though I understand the fundemental logic in them):

A different context:
Operation map's reports on units are fading floating text messages that quickly disappear. I always found it annoying because it never really let me grasp how were my units faring. I think the better solution to that would be a map overlay with information on what happened to each unit after every turn of the operation and a separate button to toggle it on and off like it can be done with briefing information.
So for example:
If two platoons are on the map: a tank platoon and an infantry platoon, then when the new turn begins, the overlay would show up, say a bulleted list near to each platoon's icon, about what changes to it have occurred, like +1 combatant (I still dunno what it means, because in my country a combatant is a person who fought in and survived the war), +something fatigue, +something ammo, etc.
How do you feel about it?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: