Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 11:22:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: New DLC  (Read 134787 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »

If he is trying to be cryptic..then surely he wouldn't post pics of African soldiers if it was going to be based in Africa? I'm looking more at his headings than the actual pic itself. I mean why say it's not in Africa then post African pics..Also look at some of the maps he posted..very old..I think we've all jumped the gun here thinking this is some new previously unannounced DLC but I reckon it's Nomagahan.

You say why would he post African soldiers..then why would he post African animals if it's the picture that actually means something..I think it's the headings to the pics that mean something.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:57:10 PM by wodin » Logged
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »

Well we have pictures of animal such as the Honey Badger (SADF AFV) and heavy support from Elephants or )SADF Olifant tanks). Hind (crocodile) gunships fought in Angola, there were Russian (the lion) and Cuban advisors and Cuban troops. The pictures he posted of African soldiers were belonging to UNITA. The SADF also has Casspir (Buffalo AFVs) and he posted a pic of Wildbeest.

I think he started of being very cryptic and got less so by providing a few more obvious clues.

Regards

Aces
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:11:18 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »

Those old maps were in reference to a question I had about national animal symbols.Andrey stated that the Lion represented Russia and I thought the Lion was what Britian had as a national symbol with the Bear representing Russia.

Andrey posted those old maps to show me that the Bear for Russia was only for the old Russian empire not Modern Russia and the Lion now is the new national animal symbol for Russia.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »

I think he started of being very cryptic and got less so by providing a few more obvious clues.

Then again you could always look at this from another perspective.And that is He is purposely misleading us thru deception and will release something else that has nothing to do with the pictures he posted.

I wouldn't put it past a Russian or a Ukrainian for that matter to do something like that.

Russian Operations during WW2 usually started out with elaborate deception schemes before launching the main assault.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2013, 04:56:18 PM »

Still think it's   Nomagahan and everyone jumped the gun thinking it was something not previously announced. I think this has happened previously here.

Andrey you could at least give us the decade the War was fought in?

Here is the issue\worry I have if it is some African bush war..it just isn't going to bring in money that Graviteam need to continue developing. I think if you've got a game that has been a huge success and you've covered all major conflicts yes do some minor ones aswell...but surely if it is some minor war your going to have the same issue as with SABOW (not sure how well it did but I bet nowhere near as well as APOS unless it sold loads in Russia\Ukraine) people just wont buy it even if the game plays well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:05:36 PM by wodin » Logged
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »

The SADF also use the "Bosvark" or wild-pig anti aircraft gun.

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »

I don't have a problem introducing modern vehicles into the GT series with Africa to start with,just so long as it doesn't stay in Africa and expands into more high intensity modern conflict regions.

I know the whole Arab-Israeli conflict seems to be a Taboo topic for fear of turning the forums into a highly emotionally charged flame war and scare away potential customers,distributors and publishers.

But,with a few extra un-named maps that look like anywhere or no where and few different national forces DLCs
such as a Russia forces pack, USA forces pack,Rebel-insurgent forces pack or even a Chinese pack etc...

Then you would potentially be able to fight any battles you like anywhere in the world,without actually attaching a conflict name that may or may not sit too well with customers or publishers.A simple campaign editor like the Quick battle editor would also go along way in making this a more desirable project or game.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »

Andrey you stated once that the new DLCs would be compatable with the old DLCs from APOS.
DLCs independent one from another

Does that mean if I buy the new modern Africa DLC that I could potentially use the German and Russian Summer forces from APOS on the new Africa map for Quick Battles?
Yes of course they are independent of each other, as the winter from summer.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »

Modern Russia and the Lion now is the new national animal symbol for Russia.

Not exactly. In my opinion a lion very suitable to the Soviet Union in 70-80s in XX century. Modern Russia at the lion does not pull at all.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

I think He aslo mentioned the Mi-24 Hind attack helicopter was also refered to as the Crocodile.

Hind is a NATO nickname, not native name.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »

Not exactly. In my opinion a lion very suitable to the Soviet Union in 70-80s in XX century. Modern Russia at the lion does not pull at all.

Soviet Afgan War then...
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »

or Angola 1987/88 Smiley

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »

Huh? we already have both of these in SABOW...

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »

Yup, but not in GTOS Smiley

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »

Soviet Afgan War then...
Not so simple  Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

Huh? we already have both of these in SABOW...

Yes, it is technically the same thing in general level FAPLA vs UNITA in winter 1988. But has very few common aspects with what there in SABOW.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:45:24 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:28 PM »

Hmmm..so this is a quick asset transfer from one game to another then?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2013, 09:35:13 PM »

What would be animal National symbol for modern Russia?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:25 PM »

Andrey you stated once that the new DLCs would be compatable with the old DLCs from APOS.
DLCs independent one from another

Does that mean if I buy the new modern Africa DLC that I could potentially use the German and Russian Summer forces from APOS on the new Africa map for Quick Battles?
Yes of course they are independent of each other, as the winter from summer.

I still don't understand.

Lets say for example:I buy the new DLC about modern Africa.

Would it be a stand alone DLC with a new icon for my desktop?
or
Will I use the Updater from GTOS and add it to that game?

If it is an addon DLC to GTOS will I be able to choose the Africa map in a Quick battle and be able to put Germans VS Russians on the Africa map?

The reason I ask this is because I like the option of having the Germans vs Russians on new maps.

I would buy this DLC just for the map if I could use it with other than modern 3rd world African forces.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:25:29 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »

Sometimes I think I am the only one that does not give a crap about what conflict it is so long as it is historical based.  So now what is this hinted at bad luck DLC? 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: