Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 12:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: New DLC  (Read 134774 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »

Those screen shots on the Sukhoi forum look real cool.  8)

I'm in.

Looking forward to playing the new toys,think they'd look good on the Volokonovka map too.

I think its a great way to start the GT series.  We have what it started with........EAST front WW2.  But is evolving into other areas.  Opertaion Hooper and ANGOLA area are vary interesting subjects IMO.  NOW I REALLY with I had made my btr152's.  Or the panard armored car instead of the sally........... Undecided  AH welll.  I got me hands full.  Maybe if Gravi has not tackled I can do a BTR152?  HMMM  It would gap between ww2 halftracks and modern apc/ifv.   Wink

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »

OOOOOH this means the sexy mig23 and mi24 will be making a come back.  and maps is listed as 120 km.  I am thinking they built on top of old sabow map.....but guessing. 

PLEASE TELL ME T34-85 will make appearance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ok if not I am going to make FOR SURE when i have time.   Tongue  AUCK........GRAVI 3rd party dlc system please!  For a buck or two........oooooooooooo  ok way OFF SUBJECT.   Undecided
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:30:50 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »

I've been wanting SABOW to go tactical ever since I saw the video of the SABOW toys on the Summer Rakitnoe map.
I even lobbied for it on the SABOW forum.

Now all we need are some more Summer maps and some semi-modern Russian,USA,Insurgent rebel and NATO forces mini-mod DLCs and it will become a very interesting series.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »

Angola is interesting to you..but I very much doubt interesting enough to one bring new players in and to be honest current players buying into it. I certainly have no interest whatsoever. Will buy the East front titles..I'd buy Nato vs Warsaw pact fictional game aswell...in a flash. But Bush Wars...no thanks. Again my concern is if they are expecting alot of sales with this or are desperate for the money they are choosing the wrong war.

Those screen shots on the Sukhoi forum look real cool.  8)

I'm in.

Looking forward to playing the new toys,think they'd look good on the Volokonovka map too.

I think its a great way to start the GT series.  We have what it started with........EAST front WW2.  But is evolving into other areas.  Opertaion Hooper and ANGOLA area are vary interesting subjects IMO.  NOW I REALLY with I had made my btr152's.  Or the panard armored car instead of the sally........... Undecided  AH welll.  I got me hands full.  Maybe if Gravi has not tackled I can do a BTR152?  HMMM  It would gap between ww2 halftracks and modern apc/ifv.   Wink
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »

I am not going to lie.......  While this has me pretty excited.....it does concern my longstop project.  I hope it does not get wahed way in the awesomeness.   Huh?  MUES......HOOPER.....whatever else......   Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=79097

This is the link for the Operation Hooper Angola 1988 DLC.For anyone interested in looking at some screenshots for the game.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »

Woden..........I think your wrong on that.   Grin  But I do think easten front is the BIG cheese product. 

While you want a fictional nato warsaw.......deal.  You do not want a real east west proxy war?  Cuba, Angola fighting South africia......with a hell of alot of same toys.  I am not knocking you at all.  But seems odd.   Grin

BTW..........cuba did pretty darn well bleeding the nose of South Africia.........at times. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:49:18 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

I am not going to lie.......  While this has me pretty excited.....it does concern my longstop project.  I hope it does not get wahed way in the awesomeness.   Huh?  MUES......HOOPER.....whatever else......   Cheesy

I'm very interested in the Tunisia project,and the map of Tunisia would look cool also with some modern tanks and soldiers running around on it.Plus your project has American,Brits and Afrika Korps forces in it.What's not to like about that.

I think your Tunisia project would be a very welcome much needed addition to the GT line up.And I think there is room for all of them in this series of DLCs.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »

I'm very interested in the Tunisia project,and the map of Tunisia would look cool also with some modern tanks and soldiers running around on it.Plus your project has American,Brits and Afrika Korps forces in it.What's not to like about that.

I think your Tunisia project would be a very welcome much needed addition to the GT line up.And I think there is room for all of them in this series of DLCs.

Oh Dane your just like me on this..........APOS is great who cares about the conflict.......and more is better..... LOL.    Guys with freaken muskets running around I would buy too if it had the APOS touch.....

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »

Angola is interesting to you..but I very much doubt interesting enough to one bring new players in and to be honest current players buying into it. I certainly have no interest whatsoever. Will buy the East front titles..I'd buy Nato vs Warsaw pact fictional game aswell...in a flash. But Bush Wars...no thanks. Again my concern is if they are expecting alot of sales with this or are desperate for the money they are choosing the wrong war.

I would like to eventually see a fictional NATO vs Warsaw Pact game also.

But for now I think this is a step in the right direction.Wodin what you and I want most likely isn't going to happen the way We would like it to happen,but I think if some Nato and Warsaw pact mini mod DLC forces were offered at a later date with Summer and Winter uniforms you could potentially have a NATO vs Warsaw pact battles on the Winter or Summer maps already in GTOS.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2013, 11:55:47 PM »

I'm fairly sure Andrey has said before that they won't do fictional wars, and I agree with his position. There are far too many forgotten conflicts, and if you're not interested no one is forcing you to buy it. SABOW and APOS/GTOS vehicles are compatible, and should you want to make a mod with the NATO vs. USSR, you're certainly welcome to do it.

Personally, if I ever get this 30 second crash bug figured out with the Africa mod, I'd like to begin work on porting some of the vehicles from SABOW over to APOS. Bundeswehr vs. USSR with M60's and T-55's is a wonderful concept, IMO Smiley

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2013, 12:32:02 AM »

Whu.......before you start port O rama I would wait and see what Gravi will do..........  I learned that the HARD way.  Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2013, 12:36:14 AM »

They plan on combining the two?  Huh? I very much hope they plan on adding a simulator option or atleast patching SABOW up to the same level as GTOS. It's really too bad they didn't make the Tiger/panzer IV playable as it is Sad

Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2013, 02:55:59 AM »

Can't wait for more Cuito Cuanavale fighting. Smiley
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2013, 03:35:14 AM »

Can't wait for more Cuito Cuanavale fighting. Smiley

YA looks like Andrey was up late playing whatever version they are on...........  Fair about of screens on sukhoi.  When all this GT stuff gets released dont expect me to have a life.   Tongue Grin  But it i going to REALLY make me want to see SIMS again...................

Yabba dabba do
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »

But he said NOT africa  too.........  SO wtf is it? 

On the contrary, I guess it is set in Africa. I get the Oliphants and Ratels, but what's with the Warthogs and Wildebeest? Is that what the Cubans called themselves?  Huh?

Could anyone enlighten me about the "friendly" Warthogs and Wildebeest?  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »

A quick sorry to everyone for being a moaning git recently.
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »

I like the sound of some Modern Warfare in Africa.  If the screens on the RU site are anything to go by it will be an interesting package that I will want to own.

I am quite happy to see any war modelled on the AP/GT engine, but would also like the hypothetical WWIII scenarios like Fulda Gap. 
e.g. The hypothetical conflict portrayed in WiC done on this engine would be awesome as far as I'm concerned. 

Having seen video for the EE game & then discovered it totally failed to bring the tactical engagement to life (As far as I'm concerned) was a big disappointment for a wargame addict Tongue

Although there are many fascinating real wars to model, I imagine there would be a (more?) considerable number of buyers for a NATO vs Warsaw Pact game done properly for modern hardware.
WWIII Needs someone to do it right.   Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

Could anyone enlighten me about the "friendly" Warthogs and Wildebeest?  Cheesy

Black Wildebeests - soldiers from Angolan army
White Warthogs - Cuban soldiers

Details of why they are looking in DLC  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

First screens from next DLC

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: