Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 08:18:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOD help  (Read 3664 times)
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« on: February 27, 2013, 12:43:51 AM »

I have the following MODS activated:
1.unofficial patch v0.1_eng
2.steel sound mod v1.1 fix_eng
3.SPM v1.5 beta_eng
4.SPM MOD v2.0
5.SPM MOD v2.0fix

Previous to activating SPM MODs 2.0 and the 2.0fix I got in game text messages and voice cammands when giving driver commands from the Commander position. For example, when I pressed the "Q" key the text said HALT and I heard the verbal command.

After installing the 2.0 MODS I get neither the text nor the verbal command. I DO get verbal responses (and text)from the loader when I man the gunner position. Is this normal with the 2.0 mods?

Finally, are any of the above mods redundant with the activation of the 2.0 mods?
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:45:57 AM »

You need to install just:

1. unofficial patch v0.1_eng
2. steel sound mod v1.1 fix_eng
3. SPM MOD v2.0
4. SPM MOD v2.0fix

Actually mod number 2 (steel sound mod v1.1 fix_eng) is really not necessary, just optional.

Txema
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00:02 AM »

Txema,

Thanks for the advice. I'll activate the MODs you suggest. Best tank sim I've played...by far!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:33:19 AM »

Previous to activating SPM MODs 2.0 and the 2.0fix I got in game text messages and voice cammands when giving driver commands from the Commander position. For example, when I pressed the "Q" key the text said HALT and I heard the verbal command.

After installing the 2.0 MODS I get neither the text nor the verbal command. I DO get verbal responses (and text)from the loader when I man the gunner position. Is this normal with the 2.0 mods?

Those voice commands were removed because some players (not all players  Roll Eyes) found them annoying.

As a matter of opinion, I think all changes relating to user preferences should be put out as separate independent mods. For example, changes to engine noise, reloading sounds, colour of the font, etc. etc. And also the seasonal mods, of course.

What I think SPM 2.0 should concentrate on is additional and corrected content, such as new vehicles and units, specs, map objects i.e. things that clearly expand or enhance the capabilities of the Mission Editor for new missions and campaigns, or unquestionably improve the game for everyone.

Just my opinion, of course.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
genehaynes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »

Kyth,

Thanks for the info. Actually the additional content in MOD v2.0 more than makes up for the lost sound. Also, I can see how the sound could be somewhat annoying. I just thought I might have done something wrong. As I said before, the best tank sim I've played.

The other thing I like about this sim is the support available (I need it, I'm 69 & get eaisly confused Smiley) here and at Sim HQ.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: